Sunday Ride...

RaiderDm

Registered
Well Sunday morning here in Tampa dawned warm & sunny. I met
Revlis to show him some of the northern twisties. Two Busas,
kings of the road gliding to their hunting grounds. Upon arrival at
said hallowed ground Revlis was gracious enough
to allow me the lead. This prolly had more to do with the
fact I knew where we were than any superiority on my part.
I.E Rev could have left me breathing dust at any time. But
hey, twisties are twisties and unless you are racing are
just plain fun in front or behind.
Eventually Lilah (Revlis's Busa) needed fuel. So we stopped
at the local biker reststop. We parked side by side. Two
Busas a beautiful sight, right??? Well all anyone else saw
was one shiny bright black Busa. Not one person even
noticed my poor hard working baby. It was enough to make a
grown man cry.
Then I had a thought. Relax, it was a low powered one didn't
hardly hurt at all. Maybe its because my bike wasn't as shiny
as Lilah. But I know someone who has a Silver & Grey beauty
even shinier than Revlis's. So I figure I'll ride up to GA,
leave Suzy with BT for a zaino make over. In return I'll
take his poor hanger queen back to Tampa and give her some exercise.
A win win situation. Then when Suzy is ready I'll swap them back.

I'm sure BT could do a great job with her, but two 'Busas side-by-side is still a wonderful site. Would love to see some pics of that.

:rofl: Hahahahaha... So, the ol' revmeister can spank yer ass in the twisties AND punk you out at the cruises? :super: He might spank my ass on the road but when we stop he'd have some competition. :laugh:

Oh and hey, you're welcome to bring the pirate bike up and leave it for a detail but there's no way da train is leaving my sight! ;)

I'm sure BT could do a great job with her, but two 'Busas side-by-side is still a wonderful site.  Would love to see some pics of that.
Well the problem with that is...
If I had one bullet and a choice between some clown with a
camera trying to take my picture and a terrorist with a bomb about to blow up 50 kindergardeners....

Wait a Damn minute here...Someone's talking sheet...

[*]I mean if we want to talk about following anyone, or anyone being faster in the twisties...lets remember RC51 wasn't there to hand me my ass on a platter.

[*]Raider was being polite and we were out on a COP heavy Sunday Morning. If Raider wanted to leave me completely behind, thats prolly not going to happen. If for no other reason than I HAVE TO KEEP UP because I dunno where the hell I am...BUT, if Raider wanted to make a point of it, there probably isn't going to be much of a way around him out there on the twisties, don't let him fool you folks...He's talking a humble game. Anyone that commutes 20 or so miles in Tampa Rush hour traffic EVERY day, twice a day, to the tune of 30K miles this year and is still here to tell us about it?:super: There's plenty of skill there, Luck doesn't last that long...

[*]Besides, Raider is way overdue for some fresh rear rubber...
Thanks for the kind words though Bro.

[*]OK, now in fairness, Lilah is a sexy beast, AND as we entered the gas station where everyone is hanging out, I had to crank Lilah over to about 50deg full lean to the right to avoid a pickup backing out, bunch of folks saw the Busa just Laydown flat and scoot, so I made a dramatic entrance. Then of course I am parked to the left of Raider and ahead a little effectively hiding his ride. But Raiders Busa is a Busa and a thing of beauty regardless.

OK after Raider and I split up and went our seperate ways I took some back roads towards my place. Traffic was building and there were a couple of sportbikes up ahead on the two lane I was traveling on. There was about 5 cars seperating us. I got a small window so I hammered Lilah up through the gap and pulled in Behind the two bikes. I feel it is allways safer to travel with other bikes.

Well one guy was on a ZX12R and the other on TL1000S. Guess what the ZX12 plate read? BUSAETR.... Well This is interesting.... I follow them into a 7-11 parking lot, pull up next to the two of them and start giving the the 12R rider a hard time. Not really hassling him too much just kinda pushing a little bit, I mean we were out in the sticks a little... He took it pretty well, just gave me an initial look like "Oh Sh^t, I did it now." Good people though, I would have been a lot more harsh had his plate read BUSAH8R, would have really leaned on him, to put up. But like I said good folks out having a good time. We BS'd for awhile and they took off aiming for some of the twisties near my neck of the woods.
Oh did Raider mention the 85deg low humidity, perfect clear skies? Yeah it was a good day to be riding in Florida. All told for the day the round trip was right about 200 miles.

One thing that really surprised me though, how much better the Bridgestone BT010 S is than the BT56. I was about ready to completely swear off Bridgestones for good but the 010 is giving me something to think about. Stable tire that is a lot more communicative than the 56 was. Just a thought.

Rev

Poor Raider's Busa! It's a nice bike...favors mine a bit, though Raider will point out how different it really is from a 2003! Relax, Lilah just likes to hog up the attention Raider...

Sounds like we all need to move to Florida for the winter...nice riding, laughing at guys on 12R's with "busaetr" on the plates, fighting for attention at the gas station! Wonder how many would point and laugh at me and my H-D coat?! I might actually steal attention from Lilah just for being the odd ball :tounge:

Rev, Rev, Rev... (shaking head)... Give me your keys son. You found a 12R with THAT plate and didn't spank his ass?
:super: I think a week without busa privileges is in order here. I love you like a brother, man, but you have shamed us all. Now, he will go and tell his boys that you saw the tag and wouldn't really mess with him. You should have whipped on the 12R good and proper and then took the tag off of it to hang on your garage wall! He should be in the line at DMV right now waiting for his replacement!

When you get your busa keys back next week you need to go find this guy and set him straight. We raised you better than this! ;)

Rev, Rev, Rev... (shaking head)... Give me your keys son. You found a 12R with THAT plate and didn't spank his ass?
:super: I think a week without busa privileges is in order here. I love you like a brother, man, but you have shamed us all. Now, he will go and tell his boys that you saw the tag and wouldn't really mess with him. You should have whipped on the 12R good and proper and then took the tag off of it to hang on your garage wall! He should be in the line at DMV right now waiting for his replacement!

When you get your busa keys back next week you need to go find this guy and set him straight. We raised you better than this! ;)
:rofl:

Like I said Bro, He wasn't having any of it. Didn't want to play with me N Lilah. I think I startled him and she scared him. His partner was kinda laughing at him, said "I knew that was going to get you eventually" or something like that. He was an over 30 kinda guy, like us, but he hadn't been riding for like 13 years and then bought this 12R. He just wasn't up for it. Full leathers, riding boots, gloves, and lid. But didn't want to play. I made it apparant what I was up for, but it wasn't going to happen.

Both these guys were so mellow and laid back that I prolly could have just pried his plate off and neither would have made a physical move towards me. Really, they were out to enjoy a Sunday... Weren't going to tussle. They did comment on my lack of chicken strips on the Busa, and they were really complementary about Lilah, in her sexy black outfit. So Like I said, good guys, out for a ride... just having fun.

Besides, I don't wear my ego on my sleave and I don't think anyone had anything to prove. It just really doesn't matter.

Oh and as soon as you can get down here and successfully get my key from me, Kudos to you, enjoy the ride. Might want to bring a friend or put on the uniform though...

Besides, I don't wear my ego on my sleave and I don't think anyone had anything to prove.  It just really doesn't matter.

Oh and as soon as you can get down here and successfully get my key from me, Kudos to you, enjoy the ride.  Might want to bring a friend or put on the uniform though...
Nothing to do with ego or proving anything, bro. It's about teachin' folks respect! Hehehehehe... :D

As for fetching yer key, I know how you feel about Lilah. I feel the same about 'train. I'd probably rather put on an Iraqi soldier uniform and run through here pissin' in the faces of these guys to wake them up! :laugh:

sleep_03.jpg

Poor Raider's Busa!  It's a nice bike...favors mine a bit, though Raider will point out how different it really is from a 2003!  Relax, Lilah just likes to hog up the attention Raider...

Sounds like we all need to move to Florida for the winter...nice riding, laughing at guys on 12R's with "busaetr" on the plates, fighting for attention at the gas station!  Wonder how many would point and laugh at me and my H-D coat?!  I might actually steal attention from Lilah just for being the odd ball  :tounge:
Darlin, You would steal attention anyway...After all, it's not the HD Leather that makes you the Odd Ball!!!!

Poor Raider's Busa!  It's a nice bike...favors mine a bit, though Raider will point out how different it really is from a 2003!  Relax, Lilah just likes to hog up the attention Raider...

Sounds like we all need to move to Florida for the winter...nice riding, laughing at guys on 12R's with "busaetr" on the plates, fighting for attention at the gas station!  Wonder how many would point and laugh at me and my H-D coat?!  I might actually steal attention from Lilah just for being the odd ball  :tounge:
Actually VA lotsa cruiser types congregate there too.
So if ya garner attention it woun't be yer jacket.
And let there be no doubt you'd garner attention! ;)

I don't mind you stealing the limelight from Suzy but she's
starting to get jealous of Lilah. :eek:

Lilah sort of DEMANDS attention Raider! Even I could sense that! She was threatened by me, but thankfully let me take a little ride and kept me on the back!

Don't worry...next time I'm in Tampa, I'll bring my Busa...Caesar won't steal the show from Suzy...he's humble! :D

Lilah sort of DEMANDS attention Raider!  Even I could sense that!  She was threatened by me, but thankfully let me take a little ride and kept me on the back!  

Don't worry...next time I'm in Tampa, I'll bring my Busa...Caesar won't steal the show from Suzy...he's humble!  :D
Well at least he'll have some honest road grime on him!

:tounge:
pirate.gif

Heh, Lilah just happens to allways have that slinky black dress on...Not my fault You guys have Busa's running around wearing Jeans and a T-shirt and one in Overalls...  :laugh: :laugh:

Besides, on a Bike as precise and aerodynamic as a Busa it is important not to disturb the airflow, and dirt and gunk can certainly disrupt the Laminar Flow.  

This creates additional drag and fuel economy and performance will suffer.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069336754 -->

Wait a Damn minute here...Someone's talking sheet...  

[*]I mean if we want to talk about following anyone, or anyone being faster in the twisties...lets remember RC51 wasn't there to hand me my ass on a platter.  

[*]Raider was being polite and we were out on a COP heavy Sunday Morning.  If Raider wanted to leave me completely behind, thats prolly not going to happen.  If for no other reason than I HAVE TO KEEP UP because I dunno where the hell I am...BUT, if Raider wanted to make a point of it, there probably isn't going to be much of a way around him out there on the twisties, don't let him fool you folks...He's talking a humble game.  Anyone that commutes 20 or so miles in Tampa Rush hour traffic EVERY day, twice a day, to the tune of 30K miles this year and is still here to tell us about it?:super:  There's plenty of skill there, Luck doesn't last that long...

[*]Besides, Raider is way overdue for some fresh rear rubber...
Thanks for the kind words though Bro.

[*]OK, now in fairness, Lilah is a sexy beast, AND as we entered the gas station where everyone is hanging out, I had to crank Lilah over to about 50deg full lean to the right to avoid a pickup backing out, bunch of folks saw the Busa just Laydown flat and scoot, so I made a dramatic entrance.  Then of course I am parked to the left of Raider and ahead a little effectively hiding his ride.  But Raiders Busa is a Busa and a thing of beauty regardless.

OK after Raider and I split up and went our seperate ways I took some back roads towards my place.  Traffic was building and there were a couple of sportbikes up ahead on the two lane I was traveling on.  There was about 5 cars seperating us.  I got a small window so I hammered Lilah up through the gap and pulled in Behind the two bikes.  I feel it is allways safer to travel with other bikes.  

Well one guy was on a ZX12R and the other on TL1000S.  Guess what the ZX12 plate read?  BUSAETR....  Well This is interesting....  I follow them into a 7-11 parking lot, pull up next to the two of them and start giving the the 12R rider a hard time.  Not really hassling him too much just kinda pushing a little bit, I mean we were out in the sticks a little...  He took it pretty well, just gave me an initial look like "Oh Sh^t, I did it now."  Good people though, I would have been a lot more harsh had his plate read BUSAH8R, would have really leaned on him, to put up.  But like I said good folks out having a good time.  We BS'd for awhile and they took off aiming for some of the twisties near my neck of the woods.
  Oh did Raider mention the 85deg low humidity, perfect clear skies?  Yeah it was a good day to be riding in Florida.  All told for the day the round trip was right about 200 miles.

One thing that really surprised me though, how much better the Bridgestone BT010 S is than the BT56.  I was about ready to completely swear off Bridgestones for good but the 010 is giving me something to think about.  Stable tire that is a lot more communicative than the 56 was.  Just a thought.

Rev
Too bad that I could not have been parked with you, i would have loved to give some shzzzzzzz to the zx12. :D

next time try the 12' they are even a little better then the 10's, although I am partial to the Perrelli Diablos.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Back