sunday ride

busa9

Registered
A friend of mine who has been having trouble with his fz1 finnaly got it fixed sat so we decided to go out for a ride on sunday afternoon. We drove around all the spots that we always go to and on the way back home decided to take a back road they call state road around here!!! Its a road that is long (aprox. 12 miles) and limited access in lots of spots. Anyway there is one part of the road we have been accross many times before but not quite as fast as yesterday you see this road loads up on the front to what we thought was a small hill or dip comming out at the bottom kind of flat, anyway there is a stop sign before this stretch we talked at the sign and decided to hit it, rember this is before the so called small hill, so of course we hit it at around 150 I was in front of him, when I hit the crest of the hill the next feeling I got was that of knowing that my bike was no longer on the ground but it felt like a big 747 trying to get its wings and fly!!! Of course we know that its just a motorcycle but hey give me some wings and we will see!!!!! At any rate at the next stop sign my buddie pulls up to me and with the most excitement I have seen him in for a while tells me (man do you know what you did???) of course I said what, he said you were airborne for at least 50 + feet, I told him that yea I knew I left the ground but the landing was so smooth I thought I was only up for a few feet after all I was going at least 150+ at the time. Bottom line is this hill was not a big one!!!! Very small to others around our area just rember that you speed has huge affects on the physics of everything so be ready at all times, becouse you never know when you will try to fly!!!!!

I know the feeling well. I've had that happen a few times here on these WV hills. Even the slightest rise at full speed can result in quite a pucker.

wow.gif

uuh...yeah. I'd be a little careful on future aerial attempts, bro. I for one never blast it near a hill...the bike is too heavy and needs to come down near-perfectly. Some seriously bad juju waiting to happen. Not to mention as the speed increases, the margin of error decreases.

Just FWIW. Stay safe, bud....
cool.gif

I was recording video once while riding with some folks from the board, the battery quit on my cam right about the time I hit 140 on a long straitway that had some small hills (If you can even call them that), I hit the first one at about 150 and felt airborne, I can tell you I slowed down in a hurry. That scared the crap out of me.

Kevin

Definitely need to be careful on those hills. Going airborne can have some ill effects.

i did the jump soley on accident about 3 months back. was stopped at a light (red), light turned green, and i just nailed the gas. well, about 100 ft ahead, there was a nice "bump" ive never seen before..well, i just went over it, and just felt that front end come up and the feeling the ground left me. it was pretty cool.. but i dont think i could do it on purpose.

Careful bro....if you land wrong....oooh I don't even want to think about that
wow.gif

Back