Sunday Ride To Alice\'s (Bay Area)

OB_Ambush

Registered
A group of riders and myself are planning a ride to alices this weekend. If your interested post a note here and let's try to work out some meeting places.

What time are you guys expecting to be there? I have to work, but I could take a quick break and be up there in about 30 minutes from the office.

I say we get there around 12 noon that we could eat at the spot across the street. Has anyone actually eat'n at alices? Also I live in San Leandro if anyone is anywhere near me we could ride up together.

Cisco no offense, but I ride up there all the time, what squids are you talking about? You've mention this a couple of times before!I havn't seen them!,and if don't ride up there any more how do know where the CHP hangs? Most guys will signal to you if cops are around,and they move around all the time, so you never know where they're at, you can only count on your fellow rider to signal you if there out!
If not, I love those roads up their and rip as fast as I want most of time and never have a problem with cops or other riders.

Now what day Sat or Sun?

Well stupid me ,guess i should have remembered the post title! uh? Sunday Noon sounds good I'll probably be there already,
I park in front of the Mini mart not at Alices Rest

Use to go to Alice but to many squids coming around the turns in the opposite lane heading straight to you.I had couple close calls where I was forced off the road by other motorcyclist who could not control their bikes.Good luck on your ride,watch out for the CHP hiding about a mile from Alice if you are coming from Skyline from Saratoga/Santa Cruz area. The food is good up there. A real good ride is going from Alice to the coast,very nice ride. Ride safe all

Haywoody,the MC cop hangs out about 3/4 mile from Alice if you are coming from Hwy 9,he sits in what looks like a Private Road with his Road King HD.Also if it's a good day look out for the bicycle riders on the ridge run between Hwy 9 to Alice. I normally go early for my rides 8am-9am time frame when I use to go up there,have taken my 92 fatboy,89 gsxr,88 VLXHonda Shadow,87 YSR50 full race,and my 98 TL1000R up to Alice.Then I would go down to Woodside and take the Rocket Blast back to San Jose on Hwy 280. Ride safe all

Last time I was up Alice was last year before I sold my 98 TL1000R,got followed by the CHP chopper after I passed three riders on Honda Goldwing,had to sit under a tree off to the side of the Road until the Chopper went away. I didn't notice the chopper until the shadow of the bird went across the road and I looked up and seen the chopper going to my back side,the bird circled a couple of times and the guy tried to bring down the bird close enough I guess to get my licence number of my bike or the discription of me and my bike but I pushed it far enough under the trees and there was no way he could get any lower with out his blades touching the tops of the trees. After that I went to the mini-mart had a few eats and talked to Doc-Wong and his friends who where heading to the coast on their Duc's.Ride safe all

King Atlas, Alices is a restuarant on hwy 35 aka Skyline Blvd and the corner of hwy 84 This is known as Four Corners as well. You can get there several ways. For some easy directions, you can come down hwy 280 to hwy 92, take hwy 92 west ,this will wind its way up to and go past skyline hwy35 when you get to skyline you can only go left/south, if you go past it you'll start heading down hill towards the coast.You can go this way also if you want,when you hit hwy 1 turn left head south until you get to hwy 84, then turn left and head west until you arrive at Alices, When you get to Alices you will know your there when you see tons of bikes everywhere.An other way is stay on Hwy 280 until you get to Woodside this is Hwy 84,this road runs all the way from Hwy101 through Redwood City all the way out to the Coast. Head west again,up into the mountains until you reach Alices.
Go to Mapquest and print a map it may be easier! Hope to see you there Sun!

Ugh. You guys have your ride planned the same day/time period as the L.A. Busas's French-Legion ride in the east bay.
I think this time I'm heading to the east bay to meet the french fries; next time you guys get together, I'll be there.

Heheh... I'll show up to a ride the day Cisco San Jose shows up to a ride!!!

Ambush, Dennis, 'woody, I'll see you guys there...in front of the mart? I'll wear my skanky vintage Kocinski Shoei and riding my silver/blue. What colors are you guys riding?

Be careful you don't run over those slimy things with tentacles. They're all over the place ;).

Hey, i know what they say, when you have the blues, your down & out,sorry red/grey models are faster,sales people tell you that so they can get rid of the blue ones,otherwise nobody would buy them!See you Sunday and I'll show you!

Back