Sunday putt for three FOGs > Lake Tahoe

CCbusa05

Donating Member
Registered
Nice leisurely ride with Robster on his Connie 14 and Mikie aboard his Triumph 1050 speed triple. LOTS of bikes out today, saw at least 100 or more during our 5 hour ride around Diamond Valley and then the east side of the lake. Surprisingly, the sports type bikes almost equaled the Harleys. Awesome Mexican Food lunch in Incline Village, then up and over Mt. Rose.................burrrrr, still a bit chilly up there because of all the snow. Dropped down into Reno (92 degrees) and then up Geiger Grade (Virginia City) and down our favorite 5 mile 'close to home' twisties, the famous VC truck route. Awesome day, weather wise, summer is in full swing on the east side of the Sierras. A few pics of the guys and me along the way.

100_4285 (Large).jpg

100_4289 (Large).jpg

100_4290 (Large).jpg

100_4292 (Large).jpg

100_4296 (Large).jpg

Very nice scenery. While I have 12 months of riding, you guys have hills and curves.....:moon:

Looked like a great day!

who is this idiot?????

UHMM, Oh nevermind.

We had a table for 8 at the Marklieville Deli yesterday. Threw snowballs at the top of Sonora. Hwy 4 is melting fast (lots of water across the Rd.) and the road is crumbling badly on the east side near the top.

Very nice pics by the way wish we had stuff like that in FL just flat ground here guess if you like palm trees and bikinis :laugh:

UHMM, Oh nevermind.

We had a table for 8 at the Marklieville Deli yesterday. Threw snowballs at the top of Sonora. Hwy 4 is melting fast (lots of water across the Rd.) and the road is crumbling badly on the east side near the top.
Thanks for the road report Russ! Ralph called me last night and I think he and a couple of his buddies from work are planning on doing these two passes today. I can't go, wifey is on vacation this week. Was there any run-off or sand, etc, over Sonora?

Thanks for the road report Russ! Ralph called me last night and I think he and a couple of his buddies from work are planning on doing these two passes today. I can't go, wifey is on vacation this week. Was there any run-off or sand, etc, over Sonora?

Sonora was in much better shape, some water. Just bring a can of pledge with ya. :poke:

Back