Sun visor stickers: Who covers 'em up, who takes 'em off?

CrashBomb

Registered
Who's got some good tips for removing those unsightly air bag warning stickers that our brilliant overlords have insisted on slapping all over both sides of every sun visor made in the last ten years?

3293546311_c38ca44185.jpg

I've got a hair dryer, a slightly more professional heat gun with various temperature settings, Goo Gone, ISO alcohol (I'm assuming that would damage the fabric though), and several other solvents. I think I can probably use heat to work a corner lose and peel it off but I'm sure that's going to leave a ton of residue that will probably look worse than the sticker itself. What have you used on yours? Did it leave a mark? Did the mark fade over time?

Any other suggestions before I attack these things? I'm tired of looking at those glaring eyesores in my pitch black leather interior.

I thought that it was illegal to take those stickers off in case you ever were to sell the car.

Those are thermal transfers and are bonded to the fabric pretty well, most of them will not peel up like standard decals.

Common misconception, just like the infamous "mattress tag." It's only there to remove liability from the manufacturer. Once the product is in your ownership it's no longer an issue.

Anyway, the car is out of warranty, I don't go to dealers for service, I don't have kids...I don't want kids...I don't even LIKE kids, and the day a two year old in a car seat is sitting backwards the front of my muscle car will be the day I have a tag on my toe.

Common misconception, just like the infamous "mattress tag." It's only there to remove liability from the manufacturer. Once the product is in your ownership it's no longer an issue.

Anyway, the car is out of warranty, I don't go to dealers for service, I don't have kids...I don't want kids...I don't even LIKE kids, and the day a two year old in a car seat is sitting backwards the front of my muscle car will be the day I have a tag on my toe.

big words. I remember the days.

Now I have two little girls and wouldn't have it any other way.

I know what you mean.

The first couple years of owning "my first BRAND NEW car" I didn't touch ANYTHING, still had the hang tag in the glove box.

Then I got over it.

So I started peeling off that sun visor sticker one day. Unfortunately the gray fabric under the sticker was noticeably lighter in color than the rest of the visor. That, and I only got half of it to come up and the rest is hopelessly still there :banghead:

So excellent thread question. I hope someone has an answer. I'd like to finish what I started. :laugh:

i just recovered mine in my old sunfire. Very simple to do. I'll do it for ya if ya send the visors & fabric ya want em covered with. took me bout an hour to do mine in sunfire. i covered em with blue crushed velour.......yeah yeah i know, ghetto but i had the whole thing done like that lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Back