Summer's last hurrah...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Sunday was a beautiful day here on the east coast of Virginia...hubby was dying to take the boat out to our "hidden" island (really just a huge sand bar that changes every year)

Enjoy some pics...

The 2 mile bridge basscrazy was leary to cross, but did, thank goodness!
wink.gif

1bridge.JPG

Scenes like this remind me of why I love where I live...

Don't ask me if I feel this way when it gets cold or there's snow...
sad.gif

2the_view.JPG

smile.gif
This is our little paradise all summer long...TS Ernesto took out about 30' of sand that connected the two "islands"...now it's just a 4 foot walkway that is completely covered at high tide...

Still beautiful, but where I'm taking the pic from is destined to be washed away with one or two good storms...
sad.gif

4paradise.JPG

There's a small airport a few miles away; tons of smaller planes always flying overhead...

And the clouds were amazing...
biggrin.gif

6airplane.JPG

Way off in the distance is the town where I live...looks to be a long way off, but it only takes us about 20 minutes to get from the dock to the island in calm waters...
cool.gif

8looking_home.JPG

Our neighbors showed up...their daughter is best buds with my two boys...

I see a fight in our future
crazy.gif

9kids.JPG

Our boats...the one on the left is ours...the one on the right is FOR SALE if you're interested...
biggrin.gif

10boats.JPG

Last one...just one more of that island before it's washed away...
sad.gif

Curious to see what will be there next summer...

12_last_look.JPG

(BiG-T @ Sep. 19 2006,14:44)
laugh.gif
@ immensely muscular
THEY ARE! LOL

They think they are...they're so funny when you ask 'em to "show us your muscles"
biggrin.gif

(BiG-T @ Sep. 19 2006,14:47) The pic in post #10 is very nice!
It's a beautiful area to live in; we're surrounded by rivers and the Bay on 3 sides...

...hubby goes out in the boat way more than I do, but I'm so glad I went on Sunday...I did nothing but sit in a chair and watch the kids and clouds...
smile.gif

I'm going to really miss summer
sad.gif

Back