summer jacket.

broeresbusa

Registered
looking for a jacket to wear when it gets hot.anyone have any suggestions.have a leather already don't want another.

Im looking for a good summer jacket too. Mine is old and ive gotten a bit fat for it... plus it was a cheepy anyways

I also wear perforated leather jacket. No mesh for me. I just rode home, temp is 99 degrees. I was comfy.

I've tried to wear perf. leather here to no avail. I own two "summer" jackets made by Alpinestars, the T-Stunt Air and the Sniper Airflo. Is it going to protect me the same as leather from road rash...probably not. I'm an incredibly level headed, no nonsense rider when I commute, so, I'm willing to give up some protection for comfort.

ok any suggestions on perforated leather jackets.

how much do you want to spend? Scorpion, Icon, Alpinestars, Teknic, Joe Rocket and many more make very good fully perforated leather jackets. I have the Scorpion (Stinger), Icon (Accelerant) and Alpinestars (ATL)

I just got the Joe rocket phoenix 5.0 mesh jacket. $150 bucks. It's like wearing a t-shirt. Has armor, I really like it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I bought an Icon Hooligan 2 mesh jacket about a month ago and absolutely love it!
I live in eastern NC, temps were mid 90's, high humidity and stayed pretty cool. It sucked sitting at redlights in town, but that is true w/ a t-shirt on :]

I picked the Icon as I'm 6'2", 195lbs and the sleeve length was spot on (i usually wear a 35/36 sleeve)

I must say tho, I am a bit cold natured, riding in the morning when temps are low 70's is cool to me (particularly at 100+ mph)

Good luck!

i need to go to a local shop.i'm going to try on as many jackets as i can .then decide.maybe i will get 2.just got the new helmet.and still have to decide on an exhaust.

I have an alpinestars smx jacket that is a combo of leather and mesh. Top of the line in quality and worth every penny for summer riding. I find it to breathable under 75 degrees. Im not sure if they make that exact jacket anymore though

I have Vanson perforated leather jacket. I think it was triple digits this weekend and I was fine, except when I stopped to rest.

I just purchased a ICON Arc Mesh jacket. It has leather on the outside of the arms up to the neck where the shoulder/arm armor is located. I like it alot and it vent great.

I also have a Joe Rocket phoenix 5.0 mesh jacket. It is nice also, but the ICON feels like it would offer more protection.

In FL the mesh jacket is a must. I just walked outside at 11Pm and feel like the humidity is like 90% and it is 85 degrees outside. You start sweating just standing there.

2009_Icon_ARC_Mesh_Jacket_Blue.jpg

I also wear perforated leather jacket. No mesh for me. I just rode home, temp is 99 degrees. I was comfy.

Mesh is better than nothing ,but at speed you can wear through it. I did ,I would post a pic but its not too flattering:laugh: and a bad way to get rid of huggie handles. I wear leather perf now.

Mesh is better than nothing ,but at speed you can wear through it. I did ,I would post a pic but its not too flattering:laugh: and a bad way to get rid of huggie handles. I wear leather perf now.
i might just order a perf leather jacket as well.will see how this goes.

I bought an Icon Hooligan 2 mesh jacket about a month ago and absolutely love it!
I live in eastern NC, temps were mid 90's, high humidity and stayed pretty cool. It sucked sitting at redlights in town, but that is true w/ a t-shirt on :]

I picked the Icon as I'm 6'2", 195lbs and the sleeve length was spot on (i usually wear a 35/36 sleeve)

I must say tho, I am a bit cold natured, riding in the morning when temps are low 70's is cool to me (particularly at 100+ mph)

Good luck!

Brumanchu, I just got the same jacket. It is the Suzuki Hayabusa version. I have not had chance to wear it yet but I tried it on and it is very comfortable. Mine came with a pretty thick liner but after you take it out you can virtually see through the jacket. The armor also seems pretty decent. I hope it's cooler than the scorpion jacket I know have. By the way this jacket is regularly $225 and you can pick it up now for $100.

Back