Summer 2008 I...........add your own

Ken02busa

Donating Member
Registered
Hello guys. I havent been around much, sorry. New job, etc, no time for anything anymore.

With summer coming to an end, I took stock of the events that happened to us this year so far. Some good things, some bad. If you are so inclined, add your own comments to my incidents, or please add what happened with you and your family. There is no reason or rhyme to the chain of events, just writing as they hit me.

2008 reflections..........

Went an entire year without a death and funeral in my family.

Watched my Mother in law fight and beat the hell out of cancer.

Got a new job, home every night, truck and gas card included.

Am watching a friend die of cancer right now. He is terminal, no hope. He will leave behind a wife and 2 little girls. Nicest guy I ever met.

Refinanced under a floating line of credit, cut mortgage interest by 2%, other interest by 2/3rds.

Bought a 1984 Corvette for $3500, traded it for $15,000 worth of paving.

Finished the siding on my garage.

Finally rode a motorcycle in the mountains.

Lent my newly ressurected 2007 Hayabusa to my best friend, bunch of parts later, after he laid it down, it's his now. I traded the 2002 off, and now own a 2008 orange Hayabusa.

Remembered that I like bird hunting.

Realized what a great relationship I have with my wife and kids.

Bought a 1977 Corvette to refinish and hopefully sell.

SOLD MY JEEP!!!!!

Looked for, am looking for, but still have not found religion.

Buried one of my best friends, when he gave up on life. Aerosol inhalation.

Remembered how to golf.

Found great new friends in the new job, and realized that I should not have such low self esteem.

Learned how to TIG weld.

Thought of my Dad, Mom, and Sister every single day. Now I dont cry any more just from thinking about them. I dream of them all the time now, but they are good dreams, generally from when I am younger.

Watched a lifetime friend give up his calling, of being a pastor. Many questions after that one.

Helped out anyone, any time I could. THAT is because of the people from Hayabusa.org. You people have really changed my life. :bowdown:

Please add your thoughts.

I rode my busa a couple of times, then I sold it. The rest of the summer has been blank to me

Ken, you have been busy. I was was one of the very fortunate that you helped this summer. So thank you my friend! :cheerleader:

Back