Suggestions on Winter Riding Gloves

MrGxr

Donating Member
Registered
I have been riding in to work lately and the temp is around 15F or below. I was wearing my regular riding gloves and was finding that my hands were getting cold along the way. So, I switched over to the winter riding gloves I have. Discovered they are worse than the normal gloves.
This morning was around 14F and my hands got so cold they started to hurt... with winter gloves on. I am thinking its the way the are made, they cut the circulation off when holding the grips. So, for now its back to the normal gloves until I get a new pair of winter ones.

Anyway, you cold weather riders out there... what gloves to you wear or suggest trying out?

That low of temp I would suggest Tour Master Synergy gloves. They pull about 30w max, and will keep your fingers toasty warm in most conditions. Just make sure they fit snug and allow proper grip and movement. If they are too loose they will not work as well. They use an electronic thermostat that will shut off the heat if your bike stops charging the battery. This is to protect the battery from being drained. The gloves will have to be turned back on if your RPMs drop below 2800. Over 3000 RPMs and they will go for hours.

That low of temp I would suggest Tour Master Synergy gloves.  They pull about 30w max, and will keep your fingers toasty warm in most conditions.  Just make sure they fit snug and allow proper grip and movement.  If they are too loose they will not work as well.  They use an electronic thermostat that will shut off the heat if your bike stops charging the battery.  This is to protect the battery from being drained.  The gloves will have to be turned back on if your RPMs drop below 2800.  Over 3000 RPMs and they will go for hours.
So these plug into the battery on the bike? Are they an easy install?

You just hook a supplied fused wire to the battery and run the wires inside your jacket. The plugs a color coded. You'll have a red quick plug they stays on the bike. You can also get a heated vest or jacket that can be used with the gloves. I have the vest and gloves. They have kept me comfortable on a 19f day on a 30 minute ride from work. I tuck the plug under the edge of the seat when not in use.

You just hook a supplied fused wire to the battery and run the wires inside your jacket.  The plugs a color coded.  You'll have a red quick plug they stays on the bike.  You can also get a heated vest or jacket that can be used with the gloves.  I have the vest and gloves.  They have kept me comfortable on a 19f day on a 30 minute ride from work.  I tuck the plug under the edge of the seat when not in use.
Sounds good... I'll check them out, local dealers all around the area. Will take a ride around tomorrow and check them out. thks. gp

Anyone ever try the "Antifreeze" series of inserts, neck, face, chest etc from Frank Thomas?

I ride with the Gerbing heated gloves and jacket.
Toasty.
2 yrs. of use without an issue.
Lifetime warranty.

Update: The Frank Thomas Anitfreeze gloves work pretty well until you reach 20F or below... I am finding even these with the ski gloves, my hands are getting cold (not numb or freezing just cold) after about 10-15 minutes of riding. I have a feeling I am going to have to get some heated gloves if the temp stays down below 20F when I ride to work.

Where are the pictures???

I use Held "Ice Breakers", also can use latex surgical gloves under that too...

wiper.jpg

I've got some winter gloves you could borrow if you'd like. They look like boxing gloves with fingers but they work great. Use to wear them up north in espanola and never froze my fingers. However on the wing and using kuryakyn grips its difficult to hold on so they just sit in the bags.

I also bought a pair of first gear winter commander gloves but they feel too narrow and make my hands numb on the gixxer. They are warm though...

As for Di, I got her a pair of tourmaster polar tek gloves and no complaints...However she "Don't do no rides in the winter" LoL...

Update: The Frank Thomas Anitfreeze gloves work pretty well until you reach 20F or below... I am finding even these with the ski gloves, my hands are getting cold (not numb or freezing just cold) after about 10-15 minutes of riding. I have a feeling I am going to have to get some heated gloves if the temp stays down below 20F when I ride to work.
We can get you the Gerbing heated gloves, vest and socks
thumb_up.gif

gloves2big.jpg

try aerostitch.com

They sell all kinds of cold weather gear. I have a cold weather ridding suite I got from them that keeps me toasty at 30

Back