Suggestions for communication systems please

JMB

Registered
So i have been searching around and the most popular brands have been Autocom and Chatterbox.

I mainly would rather have the Autocom simply because it is not battery powered so no need to keep recharging. Also Autocom has been having the best reviews on quality and features.

I just need some suggestions from you guys. If I wanted a simple unit, just to use for communicating with other bikers or maybe for cell phone use too, what would you recommend? Also, what would I need to get for the Autocom to be able to communicate to at least 4 different bikers?

Thanks in advance.

So i have been searching around and the most popular brands have been Autocom and Chatterbox.

I mainly would rather have the Autocom simply because it is not battery powered so no need to keep recharging. Also Autocom has been having the best reviews on quality and features.

I just need some suggestions from you guys. If I wanted a simple unit, just to use for communicating with other bikers or maybe for cell phone use too, what would you recommend? Also, what would I need to get for the Autocom to be able to communicate to at least 4 different bikers?

Thanks in advance.
I would recommend the Autocomm. My Clutterbox is a POS and I would not buy one again. If money is not a problem the autocomm or starcomm are the ticket.

For you to talk to that many people, you will need to get a transciever (walkie talkie) and then you can talk to anyone on the channel... Big fan of the autocom setup here...
Two people to talk to are Omslaw (Admin) and cAptain (owner)
Omslaw has an autocom with a zumo set up
cAptain has a Scala Q2 setup with his zumo

Both have XM, phone and GPS; Omslaw also has walkie talkie.

Great systems but not cheap.

I have had two sets of Collett headsets over the years a set of 49's which I still have and work but have worn out from years of use they were great. So I bought a new set of the Collett 900s... They are junk! New in the box they were not tuned to the same channel and my wife and I could not talk to each other 10' away from each other. I had to send them back for warranty work.
We waited months because thay had to be sent back to Canada and were held up in customs. Then Collett wanted me to pay for shipping after they did warranty work. Since then I have had shorts and they stopped working. as far as Collets :moon:
Here is the answer to good radio comunications bike to bike. ROCKETMATE Motorcycle Helmet Headset Kit
Helmet Headset - Planet Headset
WHY? Because you can buy items here in the USA and if a part fails you can buy only the part that fails. You will get that part fast.
I set up the head light flash button on the cycles for the push to talk button. With the Colletts the wind noise would lock open the mikes on the radios and drive ya nuts. I like the push to talk button on this set up.

Back