Sucks to live in Connecticut now....

So, it is a felony if you don't comply with a book keeping, micro-managing state law? How does that make sense?

I am glad I don't live in CT and in GA where I fire my "assault weapons" in my back yard.

Does anyone doubt that next time if the bombers strike the Ct marathon they may consider gathering these weapons for public safety? Some excuse some reason will come up where they find cause to come. Don't worry it's ok you'll get them back we swear. :)

So far...:banghead:

Yea, but this is a hardcore "R" state, led by an ultra-conservative religious organization/legislature. Our state constitution even has a "right to bear arms" amendment! Strong gun background....it's Utah!

cmon, CT is the home of Sandy Hook. does this really surprise anyone? other states will follow. we need gun reform in this country and anyone who thinks we don't is livn in denial. might as well get use to this sort of stuff. CT won't be the last state to attempt this. this is just the beginning.

cmon, CT is the home of Sandy Hook. does this really surprise anyone? other states will follow. we need gun reform in this country and anyone who thinks we don't is livn in denial. might as well get use to this sort of stuff. CT won't be the last state to attempt this. this is just the beginning.

We need reform not knee jerk feel good legislation that doesn't do a thing to improve the situation for the people of these states. This is not a solution, it is unhelpful towards the problem.

We don't need gun reform we need the ability to deal with the mentality ill...

Like I said before you're welcome to be first in the stack when they come to my door.
I have never disagreed with anyone who said something needs to be figured out. But again this registration addresses less than 1% of the types of guns involved in crime, repeat less than 1%. It does nothing to really try to solve or stop the next Adam Lanza. If you think so feel free to explain.
And again I'll ask you directly , how the F*** do you register a magazine with no serial number?
Are they supposed to be on the honor system? 'I swear I only have five Ar mags.' Yeah right. Then years from now what is guarantee that those mags will be same ones you registered years earlier? Are they recording Ar configurations? You know how easy it is to swap an upper don't you? If some of the folks I know turned up to do what they ask just one of them would take two offices a week to process. This is absolute Effin lunacy and sometime civil non violent disobedience of these laws needs to take effect. Everyone needs to say no we aren't following that law.

But mark my words, now they know where they are. Sometime somewhere somehow it will be 'justified' to be in the best interest of public safety to remove those firearms temporarily.

'Honest you'll get em back when things calm down just right now we can't have these types of things in public hands. We don't want the bomber we are looking for to break into someone's home who may have one of these and kill cops so we are just gonna hold onto them for you.'

What's going on there makes zero logical sense and anyone who justifies a state wide registration should be labeled a traitor to the republic and treated accordingly. This is exactly exactly how it started in the Uk and Australia. First came laws, then came registration, then came bans, then came turns ins or fear because they already knew who owned what. Now they have nothing and criminals have what they want STILL.

I'm just really bummed I lost all my guns and mags in that boating accident.....

We don't need gun reform we need the ability to deal with the mentality ill...

I'm not sure i wholly believe this..

For some folks like myself and i assume yourself and several other folks here. We have grown up around guns. We had a 30-30 at the front door and the back door when i was growing up. Guns were always around and we were taught about them young. It seems to me that today mainly in the urban areas kids do not grow up around guns and do not have the proper respect for their power. I really believe we need something to change, though i don't have the answers.

I do know i was in a gun store not long ago and a group of young men came in whom obviously had no clue about gun safety or handling. These guys were dangerous to themselves and everyone else yet... they would be able to purchase a firearm. Of course the store promptly let them know they wouldn't be buying there due to their behavior so win for the owners.

pokey" over @ fox assembled some good quotes:

The United States constitution founded this land as a Republic, NOT a democracy.

John Adams:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.â€￾
“But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.â€￾
“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.â€￾
“There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.â€￾

Ben Franklin:
â€￾Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.â€￾
“As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence.â€￾
â€￾Even peace may be purchased at too high a price.â€￾

George Washington:
â€￾If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.â€￾
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.â€￾
â€￾It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition he may abuse it.â€￾
â€￾The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.â€￾

James Madison:
â€￾It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.â€￾
â€￾I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.â€￾
â€￾If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.â€￾
â€￾Liberty may be endangered by the abuse of liberty, but also by the abuse of power.â€￾
â€￾The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home.â€￾
â€￾Wherever there is interest and power to do wrong, wrong will generally be done.â€￾

Samuel Adams
â€￾How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!â€￾

Thomas Jefferson
“A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.â€￾
“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.â€￾
"If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy."
“I have the consolation of having added nothing to my private fortune during my public service, and of retiring with hands clean as they are empty.â€￾

So now in CT, the home of Sandy Hook you have all the lawful citizens registered with the local government. Who is keeping track of the people that don't care about the law and the criminals that would shoot the state trooper rather than stand in a line to register their weapon?

Violent crimes can happen and will happen everywhere, that is human nature for some. May I offer up this example of a non-gun related violent crime...

soldier hacked to death in London, witness who filmed attackers speaks out (May 22, 2013) - YouTube[/url]

If that soldier had been me (I am active duty Air Force for 19 years now) in GA, they might have caught me by surprise, but I would have killed both of those men on the street and then gone home to sleep in my own bed that night. Killing is not something we normal citizens like to do, but will do if required to protect our families or ourselves.

That is just it though, us normal citizens... It seems like the civilian government of CT is taking on a law that the military knows all too well...

Punish all for the actions of a few!

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said before you're welcome to be first in the stack when they come to my door.
I have never disagreed with anyone who said something needs to be figured out. But again this registration addresses less than 1% of the types of guns involved in crime, repeat less than 1%. It does nothing to really try to solve or stop the next Adam Lanza. If you think so feel free to explain.
And again I'll ask you directly , how the F*** do you register a magazine with no serial number?
Are they supposed to be on the honor system? 'I swear I only have five Ar mags.' Yeah right. Then years from now what is guarantee that those mags will be same ones you registered years earlier? Are they recording Ar configurations? You know how easy it is to swap an upper don't you? If some of the folks I know turned up to do what they ask just one of them would take two offices a week to process. This is absolute Effin lunacy and sometime civil non violent disobedience of these laws needs to take effect. Everyone needs to say no we aren't following that law.

But mark my words, now they know where they are. Sometime somewhere somehow it will be 'justified' to be in the best interest of public safety to remove those firearms temporarily.

'Honest you'll get em back when things calm down just right now we can't have these types of things in public hands. We don't want the bomber we are looking for to break into someone's home who may have one of these and kill cops so we are just gonna hold onto them for you.'

What's going on there makes zero logical sense and anyone who justifies a state wide registration should be labeled a traitor to the republic and treated accordingly. This is exactly exactly how it started in the Uk and Australia. First came laws, then came registration, then came bans, then came turns ins or fear because they already knew who owned what. Now they have nothing and criminals have what they want STILL.

I'm just really bummed I lost all my guns and mags in that boating accident.....

It may take 20 years, but I fear you may be right.

Those dang fish hunting trips are getting expensive - I just can't seem to keep mine from falling into the water!!

I do think we need better gun control. However saying it now, is like closing the gate after all your cattle ran off. Trying to start a worthwhile gun control reform now will only make it easier for the criminals to continue owning illegally and the law abiding citizens being made more difficult. I own guns, don't have a problem with guns perse. But I do feel that there are too many loopholes and it is far to easy for too many people to walk in and buy a weapon that is designed to kill LOTS of targets. Argue all you want that you use it for hunting. A 30-06 is better at deer hunting than an AK-47. But both of these can kill people.

I personally know more than one person who owns more weapons that anyone needs for home protection, and have stockpiled not 2,000 rounds but 50,000 rounds of ammo. They have no less than 10 assault style weapons. And they are completely legal. This I have some concern over. What happens if one of these guys' mains spring snaps? I think they are already a little too tightly wound having all these weapons and ammo stockpiled in the first place. I respect that they are legal, but where do we begin to draw lines? They have tried to make it nearly impossible to actually use the weapons by making the price of ammo ridiculous. They are chipping away at guns slowly.

We can start by enforcing more rigidly, punishing with more severity, closing a lot of loopholes and yes reeling in people with mental instability.

They won't win a "Take The Guns" approach. That assaults the 2nd amendment and that will be a hard fight for the government to win. And I am with Blanca on this. Try and take my guns and be met with force. The day my government and my police force tell me I can't arm myself, is the day they learn why the 2nd Amendment was written in the 1st place. Our fore-fathers did not want history repeated.

Back