Sucks to live in Connecticut now....

Like I said before I think we are close, I see our rights being chipped away a little at a time, taxes, now insurance (which is a tax), freedom to move around freely (See the voluntary DUI checkpoint articles), Gun rights, Speech rights and the list goes on and on...

Make no mistake I am current on the issues worldwide and know my history, I see the path that we are on and would prefer to stop now dead in our tracks as opposed to letting things get worse... I have several post up speaking about voting and lack of involvement but in the end we all know that you can't rationalize with the irrational. I am about as red blooded, red necked American as you can get and I speak my mind but we are currently are losing this battle with political correctness which is just covering up the real issues... Either way, the last resort for me I would be out of ammo and throwing light bulbs.

I just need one bullet for me. I'd take myself before letting them have me.

I do think we need better gun control. However saying it now, is like closing the gate after all your cattle ran off. Trying to start a worthwhile gun control reform now will only make it easier for the criminals to continue owning illegally and the law abiding citizens being made more difficult. I own guns, don't have a problem with guns perse. But I do feel that there are too many loopholes and it is far to easy for too many people to walk in and buy a weapon that is designed to kill LOTS of targets. Argue all you want that you use it for hunting. A 30-06 is better at deer hunting than an AK-47. But both of these can kill people.

I personally know more than one person who owns more weapons that anyone needs for home protection, and have stockpiled not 2,000 rounds but 50,000 rounds of ammo. They have no less than 10 assault style weapons. And they are completely legal. This I have some concern over. What happens if one of these guys' mains spring snaps? I think they are already a little too tightly wound having all these weapons and ammo stockpiled in the first place. I respect that they are legal, but where do we begin to draw lines? They have tried to make it nearly impossible to actually use the weapons by making the price of ammo ridiculous. They are chipping away at guns slowly.

We can start by enforcing more rigidly, punishing with more severity, closing a lot of loopholes and yes reeling in people with mental instability.

They won't win a "Take The Guns" approach. That assaults the 2nd amendment and that will be a hard fight for the government to win. And I am with Blanca on this. Try and take my guns and be met with force. The day my government and my police force tell me I can't arm myself, is the day they learn why the 2nd Amendment was written in the 1st place. Our fore-fathers did not want history repeated.

I know a guy who drives a 4000 pound truck I concerned his main spring might snap and he runs over school yard full of kids!

I have to say this thread has been pretty civil so far, thanks for that.....both sides are expressing their points very well.

I have to say this thread has been pretty civil so far, thanks for that.....both sides are expressing their points very well.

Were a pretty mature group right, seasoned and too old to argue?

It is usually the absence of the few that allow the levels of quality of the content to be raised civilly.

However the thread is not over yet.

Gosh what a coincidence. The locals just nabbed a guy with 3,000 lbs of fertilizer and four 55 gallon drums of Diesel fuel stashed away in a storage unit here. He doesn't own a farm. He lives in an apt. He is a farm worker here.

I don't know what the fuss is about. Owning fertilizer isn't illegal. Nor is diesel fuel. Why should I be concerned?

soldier hacked to death in London, witness who filmed attackers speaks out (May 22, 2013) - YouTube[/url]

If that soldier had been me (I am active duty Air Force for 19 years now) in GA, they might have caught me by surprise, but I would have killed both of those men on the street and then gone home to sleep in my own bed that night. Killing is not something we normal citizens like to do, but will do if required to protect our families or ourselves.

I take offence to the somewhat glib remarks above. The Soldier was crossing a road and video has shown that he cleared the lane of the attacker's vehicle but they then drove that car deliberately, swerving across the road at some 40mph hitting the soldier at speed who was unable to take any action to avoid being hit.

Your remark implies that Machine Gunner Lee Rigby (yes he has a name) was a less than capable combatant as clearly a 1500+kg vehicle impacting you at over 60kmh would leave you capable of dealing with 2 armed assailants. Apart from being thoughtless on your part, this i VERY MUCH DOUBT!!

That said and without getting into your US gunlaws, IF we had had armed officers nearby, then perhaps the 14 min delay in getting them there would have been shorter however the devastating injuries Lee sutained would not have been survivable regardless. The attackers wanted their time on air, time in court and all the media attention that went with it and will now cost in keeping them in secure containment. Now THAT is madness.....
(Hopefully some hands-on justice will befall them at some point)

LEE RIGBY (25)
Machine gunner & drummer
Royal Regiment of Fusiliers
22-5-2013
May he Rest in Peace..
Murder of Lee Rigby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
I take offence to the somewhat glib remarks above. The Soldier was crossing a road and video has shown that he cleared the lane of the attacker's vehicle but they then drove that car deliberately, swerving across the road at some 40mph hitting the soldier at speed who was unable to take any action to avoid being hit.

Your remark implies that Machine Gunner Lee Rigby (yes he has a name) was a less than capable combatant as clearly a 1500+kg vehicle impacting you at over 60kmh would leave you capable of dealing with 2 armed assailants. Apart from being thoughtless on your part, this i VERY MUCH DOUBT!!

That said and without getting into your US gunlaws, IF we had had armed officers nearby, then perhaps the 14 min delay in getting them there would have been shorter however the devastating injuries Lee sutained would not have been survivable regardless. The attackers wanted their time on air, time in court and all the media attention that went with it and will now cost in keeping them in secure containment. Now THAT is madness.....
(Hopefully some hands-on justice will befall them at some point)

LEE RIGBY (25)
Machine gunner & drummer
Royal Regiment of Fusiliers
22-5-2013
May he Rest in Peace..
Murder of Lee Rigby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My intentions were not to offend you, I was simply stating my thoughts on the attack from a perspective that is 5 thousand miles away and after the attack has taken place. I lived in the UK for 6 years, and know and understand the laws that your leaders have put into place. I do not agree with some of them, but stuck to them during my time there.

I understand the soldier has a name, I did not feel it was necessary to put his name into the forum due to the fact that if/when his name is searched for on Google, this forum thread will now come up. I have great respect for the British military, I am even the godfather to a Royal Marines son in which I was good friends with during my duty across the pond.

What I simply meant was that if I had been hit by a car as I was walking down the street and then was attacked by two lunatics and was still conscious I would have used the 9mm I keep on my hip to send them to meet their maker. Or, perhaps I would have been with my wife and pushed her out of the way and then she could have shot the attackers with her concealed weapon. I understand that he may not have survived from the hit by the vehicle, but you don't know that he would have died for sure, no one does. This is all hypothetical, as most discussions are of this nature.

Also, Wikipedia should not be referenced as law or truth as it is simply a website that is written by users and you can put anything you like on there.

OK - fair enough although I'm not entirely sure why you mention sticking to local laws, isn't that what anyone should be doing when visiting civilised countries.?

I also accept the fact that Wikipedia is not 'gospel' by any means however thought it might at least give another insight to the terrible events of that day as the video link is basically one-sided in that it is mostly the words of the lunatic assailant himself, meaning once again his words are 'heard'. Finally, remember too that links to youtube videos do also traceback to forums, so putting up such links will also lead back should someone look.

Anyway, I accept no malice was meant by your words so enough said - I wish you all well and hope that everyone on here has a wonderful New Year's Celebration...

OK - fair enough although I'm not entirely sure why you mention sticking to local laws, isn't that what anyone should be doing when visiting civilised countries.?

I also accept the fact that Wikipedia is not 'gospel' by any means however thought it might at least give another insight to the terrible events of that day as the video link is basically one-sided in that it is mostly the words of the lunatic assailant himself, meaning once again his words are 'heard'. Finally, remember too that links to youtube videos do also traceback to forums, so putting up such links will also lead back should someone look.

Anyway, I accept no malice was meant by your words so enough said - I wish you all well and hope that everyone on here has a wonderful New Year's Celebration...

If you want to dissect every word on a forum posting, go right ahead. I could have taken the time to research angles of the attack and posted 10 different links, but I googled it and took the first one that came up. I figured that would be enough to spark the memory of the attack. I bet even then that would not have been enough for you.

Yes, youtube links will trace back to forums, but my intent was to leave the soldiers name out of it completely because of reasons previously stated above.

Happy new year to you as well. I would like to get this topic steered back in the right direction now. I don't like to thread jack and don't want this to be the start of that happening.

If you feel you have anything further to discuss or straighten out in regards to what I have said, PM me and I would be glad to elaborate on my opinion and why I have stated it in such a way.

Thommohawk Sous was simply making an example of the fact you cannot carry handguns to defend yourselves there.
If Rigby had a concealed weapons permit and still had wits about him than as Sous says he may still be here. But the laws in the uk prevented him, a trained soldier and machine gunner from protecting himself. The laws also prevented everyone around from being able to help him as they too were all unarmed.
From the video I still cannot get over the fact that bystanders stood around and did nothing. One even videotaped this blood soaked murderers statement? Nobody confronted them or could do anything.

His death was a terrible event and I am truly sorry for it.
May he rest in peace.

I grew up in Ct and still have a home there.

All my modern guns are in VT where we have the most relaxed gun laws in America.

But for CT I just moved all my antique weapons there.

State doesn't even consider these guns, so how smart are they.

Six Shooters.jpg

I grew up in Ct and still have a home there.

All my modern guns are in VT where we have the most relaxed gun laws in America.

But for CT I just moved all my antique weapons there.

State doesn't even consider these guns, so how smart are they.

Would love to know the story behind each of those. That is what the best part about owning antique guns is, what they could have done in their time and who may have used them.

Back