Sucks to live in Connecticut now....

want to see the slippery slope that "mental illness" and "dealing with it" becomes...take this example of a PA state trooper and his fight.... State trooper can't have gun while off duty due to mental health record, Pa. court rules | PennLive.com

And yet the same people, judges and congressman who rule in that case rule over us.
And we are supposed to obey them? Chris that is absolute lunacy. Safe at work with a gun around EVERYONE but not wit one at home by himself. :rofl:

Tom to address one of your points. If you trust me with one gun and one bullet you can trust me with thousands of each.
Sure it seems that the mass shooters always have a bunch of stuff at home but they are in the infinitesimal small minority.
The vast majority who own a lot of stuff are no more dangerous with little or a lot. You almost inferred that owning a bunch of ammo or guns leads one to be more prone to snap and that simply isn't true.

do you mean that since i just bought another gun..(1945 m1 carbine..appears to be correct and with a gorgeous stock with 80 rounds of 1943 head stamped ammo and 3 clips again...all correct)... i am one step closer to mass murder?????

Tom to address one of your points. If you trust me with one gun and one bullet you can trust me with thousands of each.
Sure it seems that the mass shooters always have a bunch of stuff at home but they are in the infinitesimal small minority.
The vast majority who own a lot of stuff are no more dangerous with little or a lot. You almost inferred that owning a bunch of ammo or guns leads one to be more prone to snap and that simply isn't true.

While I see your point, I think anything taken to the extreme, represents a out of the norm range. They are rabid about guns, having enough ammo for the End of The World Days they believe are coming. They may be right and I may be wrong, but my point was where do we draw the line? Why not allow free and open non qualified ownership of fully automatic weapons? Or step it up a notch and say Oh I don't know, say dynamite. Dynamite doesn't kill people, people with dynamite does. People use dynamite to fish with. I have done this. Fun as hell! So we should all be allowed to have unfettered access to it?

There may be others I come in contact with that have an arsenal in their house. Probably would be in everyone's best interest if we didn't know. The ones I know, all seem to be a little tweaked up about our politics, the state of our country, and the state of their sense of well-being. None of those mean they are going to snap and kill me or a school full of kids, but I am more apt to think that if anyone is wound up tighter than the norm, it would be them.

Again my issue isn't should we have guns, but should we have some common sense between those that are hoarding vs collecting vs hunting vs simple self defense? Some gun collectors, have hundreds of guns and I get that. But they don't collect them in addition to 50,000 rounds. Nor do I believe those that buy an AK-47 intend to neither hunt deer not use it for home protection. They get them because they A) Can and B)Believe it is their Constitutional Right to or C)Are a collector of some bona-fide type or D)Intend on using it for multiple targets at some point.

I know of enough corkscrews walking around that have not committed a crime but you know they are a problem. I'd be afraid as crap to know "Oh by the way that corkscrew has a house full of weapons.

Personally I think we need some better forms of qualification and control in individuals to own what could be legislated as normal for various categories of people. Hunters, collectors, home defense, etc. Different tiers of ownership, require different tiers or approval. The last thing I need is a drunk redneck deciding he didn't like me because I didn't feel the same way he did when he is drunk. Yet sober the guy might be fine to be around. You know the type I am referring to.

I have 3 pistols. Each are registered. I have a CCW permit. As you know they hold that to a standard of law that those that aren't CCW holders have no responsibility to. I have no problem being in the system. Once in a while some asshat COP thinks he is going to teach me some lesson about gun carry. Class gets dismissed and I write that off as not the norm for what I expect as part of the system we have for this privilege. I'd rather they screen me, know me, monitor my actions to insure I comply with the law, than not. Then send their Barney Fife cops to class about public relations with CCW holders. We have proven we have a legal right to obtain that license. I'd like to think that is worth something over the unknown that just buys any and every gun they can because we have no restrictions otherwise. But again this is calling for action long after it was ever going to work. It is pointless now to try and figure out who has a gun and who doesn't and what it is.

As you pointed out, Honest I lost then in a boating accident!!!

do you mean that since i just bought another gun..(1945 m1 carbine..appears to be correct and with a gorgeous stock with 80 rounds of 1943 head stamped ammo and 3 clips again...all correct)... i am one step closer to mass murder?????

You can commit murder with a kitchen knife if you have a mind to. If you are a collector, why not defuse the ammo? As a collector you will never need to use it anyway. But to answer your question. Technically, yes. Doesn't mean you are going to. You asked the question. I have no clue what your intent is.

While I see your point, I think anything taken to the extreme, represents a out of the norm range. They are rabid about guns, having enough ammo for the End of The World Days they believe are coming. They may be right and I may be wrong, but my point was where do we draw the line? Why not allow free and open non qualified ownership of fully automatic weapons? Or step it up a notch and say Oh I don't know, say dynamite. Dynamite doesn't kill people, people with dynamite does. People use dynamite to fish with. I have done this. Fun as hell! So we should all be allowed to have unfettered access to it?

There may be others I come in contact with that have an arsenal in their house. Probably would be in everyone's best interest if we didn't know. The ones I know, all seem to be a little tweaked up about our politics, the state of our country, and the state of their sense of well-being. None of those mean they are going to snap and kill me or a school full of kids, but I am more apt to think that if anyone is wound up tighter than the norm, it would be them.

Again my issue isn't should we have guns, but should we have some common sense between those that are hoarding vs collecting vs hunting vs simple self defense? Some gun collectors, have hundreds of guns and I get that. But they don't collect them in addition to 50,000 rounds. Nor do I believe those that buy an AK-47 intend to neither hunt deer not use it for home protection. They get them because they A) Can and B)Believe it is their Constitutional Right to or C)Are a collector of some bona-fide type or D)Intend on using it for multiple targets at some point.

I know of enough corkscrews walking around that have not committed a crime but you know they are a problem. I'd be afraid as crap to know "Oh by the way that corkscrew has a house full of weapons.

Personally I think we need some better forms of qualification and control in individuals to own what could be legislated as normal for various categories of people. Hunters, collectors, home defense, etc. Different tiers of ownership, require different tiers or approval. The last thing I need is a drunk redneck deciding he didn't like me because I didn't feel the same way he did when he is drunk. Yet sober the guy might be fine to be around. You know the type I am referring to.

I have 3 pistols. Each are registered. I have a CCW permit. As you know they hold that to a standard of law that those that aren't CCW holders have no responsibility to. I have no problem being in the system. Once in a while some asshat COP thinks he is going to teach me some lesson about gun carry. Class gets dismissed and I write that off as not the norm for what I expect as part of the system we have for this privilege. I'd rather they screen me, know me, monitor my actions to insure I comply with the law, than not. Then send their Barney Fife cops to class about public relations with CCW holders. We have proven we have a legal right to obtain that license. I'd like to think that is worth something over the unknown that just buys any and every gun they can because we have no restrictions otherwise. But again this is calling for action long after it was ever going to work. It is pointless now to try and figure out who has a gun and who doesn't and what it is.

As you pointed out, Honest I lost then in a boating accident!!!

Good post, you successfully got your point across but I still don't buy into it completely. I would have to ask you this, how many of the current mass killings were pulled off by those crazed gun activist with tens or hundreds of thousands of rounds... I keep seeing the news report that the recent shooters had hundreds of rounds on them and that is nothing, just one stop at Wal Mart or Academy sports... The one things we keep hearing is mental health, someone needs to stand up and just make it happen, if you have mental health issues you can't have a gun...

Last edited:
Good post, you successfully got your point across but I still don't buy into it completely. I would have to ask you this, how many of the current mass killings were pulled off by those crazed gun activist with tens or hundreds of thousands of rounds... I keep seeing the news report that the recent shooters had hundreds of rounds on them and that is nothing, just one stop at Wal Mart or Academy sports... The one things we keep hearing is mental health, someone needs to stand up and just make it happen, if you have mental health issues you can't have a gun...

Point taken Cap. But there are examples. Recently we had this corkscrew, for no reason abduct a child, shot the bus driver 4 times and took the kid to his underground Doomsday Bunker. What I can't yet find, but I recall being reported is, he had a stockpile of weapons and a bomb rigged on his bunker in case they tried to enter.

I found this piece but it doesn't discuss the complete picture. The man was mentally unstable, amassed a ton of weapons and popped his cork at a school bus one day.

?Doomsday Prepper??: Gunman Who Killed Bus Driver and Took a Boy Hostage In Underground Bunker Is Alleged ?Survivalist? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Certainly not as much publicity as the Conn. situation etc. The Sandy Hook Killer had 1700 rounds in his house. http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/newtown-shooter-had-thousands-of-rounds-of-ammunition-in-his-house/2013/03/28/48943532-97a4-11e2-814b-063623d80a60_story.html

But I totally agree with your mental health concern. It should be part of gun ownership. And there should be standards of law that allow for gun control of these type.

Tom c'mon it was in the news! Everybody becomes a bad guy once they make it onto CNN.
And every gun owner as far as they are concerned is a survivalist and nutball.

And how do you define extreme.......as a Busa owner? :laugh: really need a bike that'll do 200?

Is 50,000 rounds of ammo a lot to you? What calibers would they have to be?
I can fit almost 6,000 rounds of .22 in one ammo can. How many ammo cans is extreme?
How many guns is extreme? Guys a millionaire and owns 100 Ar15s. So what.

One persons extreme is another's norm....

Tom c'mon it was in the news! Everybody becomes a bad guy once they make it onto CNN.

And how do you define extreme.......as a Busa owner? :laugh: really need a bike that'll do 200?

I can fit almost 6,000 rounds of .22 in one ammo can. How many ammo cans is extreme?

Personally for me ammo is no different than any other commodity, when it's cheap I buy it and store it cause I will shoot it someday. The same goes for canned food, toothpaste and light bulbs... Buy cheap when you can an put the product on the shelf... If I can save a few bucks over time then my money is working for me... I guess now having 50 extra light bulbs in the house is C r A z Y talk since no one needs 50 extra...

Yes Saiid, I hear you! I consider a person who has an arsenal of assault weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo extreme. Others consider me carrying a single pistol legally as extreme to them.

I just know that everybody should not have free access to any type weapon they want simply because we have an amendment that was written with the intent of arming ourselves with a weapon that was state of the art 220 odd years ago, to defend ourselves from our own government that may declare a police state like they did in England. If our founding fathers could ever have imagined, that a child or any citizen for that matter, could get his hands on any number of assault weapons and amass 10,000 rounds of ammo, I think they would have written that document a little differently. It is what it is and I will fight to uphold the 2nd Amendment, until such time as that Amendment gets re-written. I don't think that will happen in my lifetime.

Yes Saiid, I hear you! I consider a person who has an arsenal of assault weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo extreme. Others consider me carrying a single pistol legally as extreme to them.

I just know that everybody should not have free access to any type weapon they want simply because we have an amendment that was written with the intent of arming ourselves with a weapon that was state of the art 220 odd years ago, to defend ourselves from our own government that may declare a police state like they did in England. If our founding fathers could ever have imagined, that a child or any citizen for that matter, could get his hands on any number of assault weapons and amass 10,000 rounds of ammo, I think they would have written that document a little differently. It is what it is and I will fight to uphold the 2nd Amendment, until such time as that Amendment gets re-written. I don't think that will happen in my lifetime.

In my opinion (Which is worth less than a penny) our citizens should always be armed enough to overthrow the govt should the need arise or if the govt was to dissolve could we protect our own? I am unwilling to submit my food / water needs on the govt, much less my insurance or safety. When things go bad and they do often (Katrina, NY Hurricanes) the govt could not effectively handle the situations and the citizens were on their own... So no one can say that the Federal govt is always on my side or even capable of taking care of me, heck it's not even their job to do that, protect the borders and lets call it good.

In my opinion (Which is worth less than a penny) our citizens should always be armed enough to overthrow the govt should the need arise or if the govt was to dissolve could we protect our own? I am unwilling to submit my food / water needs on the govt, much less my insurance or safety. When things go bad and they do often (Katrina, NY Hurricanes) the govt could not effectively handle the situations and the citizens were on their own... So no one can say that the Federal govt is always on my side or even capable of taking care of me, heck it's not even their job to do that, protect the borders and lets call it good.

Again in agreement Cap. I was in Melbourne, Fla., north of Saiid about 2 hours. We got hit with 3 hurricanes in 6 weeks. It was a war zone environment. Anyone that had a generator and supplies was subjected to looting. I would go to work and leave my generator on for my elderly neighbor to keep her house going. My neighbor across the street came over and told me he had to fire a warning shot to a would be thief trying to take my generator. COPS never came, nobody knocked on our doors. No authority ever brought this up after we finally got everything back working. That one shot got the word out pretty quick to the folks that thought they could come steal stuff. We had neighborhood patrols that both helped our neighbors and protected each other from outsiders seeking to take what wasn't theirs.

None of us had 10,000 rounds in our houses. But we were armed and educated and knew right from wrong. We all got through those weeks with no power, no outside help. Not one of my neighbors complained that we were organised to benefit us all. Now if I saw an End of Days scenario, which some do feel is coming, I would probably stock up myself. I guess its all about where we are in our beliefs.

But in order to be ready to fight our own government, will take more than 10,000 rounds and an assortment of assault rifles. If our govt. intends on taking us out by force, we don't really stand much of a chance. And there is NO WAY they want is to be equally armed as they are.

Personally I feel that once we get Republicans back into office, the price of ammo will return to sanity as well as the price of guns. I think people are reacting to a perceived Govt take over and the guns and ammo companies are making money hand over fist with that perception. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I'll do my best with my couple of hundred rounds and my wits.

Again in agreement Cap. I was in Melbourne, Fla., north of Saiid about 2 hours. We got hit with 3 hurricanes in 6 weeks. It was a war zone environment. Anyone that had a generator and supplies was subjected to looting. I would go to work and leave my generator on for my elderly neighbor to keep her house going. My neighbor across the street came over and told me he had to fire a warning shot to a would be thief trying to take my generator. COPS never came, nobody knocked on our doors. No authority ever brought this up after we finally got everything back working. That one shot got the word out pretty quick to the folks that thought they could come steal stuff. We had neighborhood patrols that both helped our neighbors and protected each other from outsiders seeking to take what wasn't theirs.

None of us had 10,000 rounds in our houses. But we were armed and educated and knew right from wrong. We all got through those weeks with no power, no outside help. Not one of my neighbors complained that we were organised to benefit us all. Now if I saw an End of Days scenario, which some do feel is coming, I would probably stock up myself. I guess its all about where we are in our beliefs.

But in order to be ready to fight our own government, will take more than 10,000 rounds and an assortment of assault rifles. If our govt. intends on taking us out by force, we don't really stand much of a chance. And there is NO WAY they want is to be equally armed as they are.

Personally I feel that once we get Republicans back into office, the price of ammo will return to sanity as well as the price of guns. I think people are reacting to a perceived Govt take over and the guns and ammo companies are making money hand over fist with that perception. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I'll do my best with my couple of hundred rounds and my wits.

I think we are right on with each other, I lean a little more towards the going downhill quicker... 10,000 rounds in tens of thousands of homes spread all across the country would do wonders.... I am not going to be defeated without ever taking a stand, maybe its the threat of our citizens being ready to take action might be more powerful than actually pulling the trigger... I also don't believe that our soldiers would stand against it's own citizens if it came right down to it.... I look at our history and make educated decisions, I am looking at the possibility of a Tornado or other event to leave me fending for myself, I do think that our economy is getting so out of whack that people will start doing crazier and crazier things... My choice was to act over the years and see where we were headed and I bought ammo when it was cheap, now I am stocked, prepared and did it at a savings, my money worked for me... And one last note... 10,000 rnds is nothing :)

I think we are right on with each other, I lean a little more towards the going downhill quicker... 10,000 rounds in tens of thousands of homes spread all across the country would do wonders.... I am not going to be defeated without ever taking a stand, maybe its the threat of our citizens being ready to take action might be more powerful than actually pulling the trigger... I also don't believe that our soldiers would stand against it's own citizens if it came right down to it.... I look at our history and make educated decisions, I am looking at the possibility of a Tornado or other event to leave me fending for myself, I do think that our economy is getting so out of whack that people will start doing crazier and crazier things... My choice was to act over the years and see where we were headed and I bought ammo when it was cheap, now I am stocked, prepared and did it at a savings, my money worked for me... And one last note... 10,000 rnds is nothing :)

Cap. I have a background that has taken me all over the world in all sorts of govts. As whacked out as our govt appears, it really isn't posing a threat to the citizens virtual existence. We have out of touch politicians, who believe that the select few minds that are the all encompassing truth are doing what they think is best. In my world based on my experience, we have a long way to go before we are a police state. Yes we are pissed off, but you have no idea how good we have it, until you go to say Beruit, or Syria, or Cuba or North Korea.

Having just said that, I will be the first one to say that, we as a citizen and as a nation cannot let our govt. chip away at our rights. And they are trying to. You don't revolt by gunfire. We will never beat our govt by assuming we can apply enough violence to them. You revolt by vote. You revolt by not paying taxes. You revolt by taking the money out of their pockets. You revolt by making it cost them more to take you than they get by not taking you. You revolt by as a majority nation, having one voice that has a message that isn't the one they sing. We The People aren't to that point yet. We are a divided nation politically. Sure we ***** and sure we don't like the state of affairs. But we are still a divided nation of political beliefs and aren't being killed because our beliefs differ. That will run its course and it will be expensive but I don't see it ending in our govt. taking its citizens to arms and fighting against its own people. Our own govt will implode before our govt unifies against We The People. We are a LONG way from Nazi Germany. A LONG way from communist China. A LONG way from the reigning leaders of the Middle Eastern faith based governments.

As much as I don't think anyone should have 12 assault rifles and OK say 50,000 rounds of ammo. I still will fight for their right to have them. I just want there to be a consensus to common sense that we can agree to as a majority. The parents of those 26 kids that are not with them this holiday absolutely do not want you to have 10,000 rounds. But they are still a minority voice. That is where I feel it is sad. If we as a nation can't agree that this wasn't enough is enough, then when do we all finally say OK Now that X has happened, enough is enough. I personally think we have crossed that line of common sense about 10 mass killings ago.

And P.S. If you want to have 50 lightbulbs stockpiled be my guest, but if you had 5,000 lightbulbs warehoused, I think a pretty large segment of people are going to think there is something not right in your head. :laugh:

Cap. I have a background that has taken me all over the world in all sorts of govts. As whacked out as our govt appears, it really isn't posing a threat to the citizens virtual existence. We have out of touch politicians, who believe that the select few minds that are the all encompassing truth are doing what they think is best. In my world based on my experience, we have a long way to go before we are a police state. Yes we are pissed off, but you have no idea how good we have it, until you go to say Beruit, or Syria, or Cuba or North Korea.

Having just said that, I will be the first one to say that, we as a citizen and as a nation cannot let our govt. chip away at our rights. And they are trying to. You don't revolt by gunfire. We will never beat our govt by assuming we can apply enough violence to them. You revolt by vote. You revolt by not paying taxes. You revolt by taking the money out of their pockets. You revolt by making it cost them more to take you than they get by not taking you. You revolt by as a majority nation, having one voice that has a message that isn't the one they sing. We The People aren't to that point yet. We are a divided nation politically. Sure we ***** and sure we don't like the state of affairs. But we are still a divided nation of political beliefs and aren't being killed because our beliefs differ. That will run its course and it will be expensive but I don't see it ending in our govt. taking its citizens to arms and fighting against its own people. Our own govt will implode before our govt unifies against We The People. We are a LONG way from Nazi Germany. A LONG way from communist China. A LONG way from the reigning leaders of the Middle Eastern faith based governments.

As much as I don't think anyone should have 12 assault rifles and OK say 50,000 rounds of ammo. I still will fight for their right to have them. I just want there to be a consensus to common sense that we can agree to as a majority. The parents of those 26 kids that are not with them this holiday absolutely do not want you to have 10,000 rounds. But they are still a minority voice. That is where I feel it is sad. If we as a nation can't agree that this wasn't enough is enough, then when do we all finally say OK Now that X has happened, enough is enough. I personally think we have crossed that line of common sense about 10 mass killings ago.

And P.S. If you want to have 50 lightbulbs stockpiled be my guest, but if you had 5,000 lightbulbs warehoused, I think a pretty large segment of people are going to think there is something not right in your head. :laugh:

Like I said before I think we are close, I see our rights being chipped away a little at a time, taxes, now insurance (which is a tax), freedom to move around freely (See the voluntary DUI checkpoint articles), Gun rights, Speech rights and the list goes on and on...

Make no mistake I am current on the issues worldwide and know my history, I see the path that we are on and would prefer to stop now dead in our tracks as opposed to letting things get worse... I have several post up speaking about voting and lack of involvement but in the end we all know that you can't rationalize with the irrational. I am about as red blooded, red necked American as you can get and I speak my mind but we are currently are losing this battle with political correctness which is just covering up the real issues... Either way, the last resort for me I would be out of ammo and throwing light bulbs.

Again another fallacy. You think the 2a only applies to muskets and was written two hundred years ago?
Then I would say all other rights should be frozen into that aspect of time as well.
The founding fathers knew technology would advance as many of them like Frankiln were innovators.
Does freedom of speech not apply to Tv since they didn't have any back then? Of course not. That is why these rights were specifically vague in their definitions. This allows them to apply eternally as time and tech advances.

The word 'arms' is as specific as they wanted to go because they knew things are changing.
Don't forget some of the founding fathers lived long enough to see advent of brass cartridges and machine guns.
None of them complained then that the 2A shouldn't apply.

Back