Subway's foot long lawsuit

gurrera

Registered
I know how Subway can win it.

There lawyer should say it didn't say 12" but a foot long.

So they should take off there shoe and show that there foot is not 12".:rulez:

As far as the 6" goes that is something else.:banghead:

Gurrera

Between this and the hot coffee lawsuits we're doomed. We should be able to smack the lawyer and the people filing this stuff with an 11.5" Subway sandwich right up side the head.:banghead:

mmmm subway....i could go for a big philly cheese steak right about now ....
oh right.....um yes... smack them with the sandwich i concur :whistle: :laugh:

This must be a Chicago thing. Subway sandwiches in So Cal (lawsuit capitol of the world) are at least 12 inches long...sometimes longer. :laugh:

Seriously, though, they are pretty close most of the time. I think that we need to go back to a time when lawyers couldn't advertise their services on TV. :banghead:

I know how Subway can win it.

There lawyer should say it didn't say 12" but a foot long.

So they should take off there shoe and show that there foot is not 12".:rulez:

As far as the 6" goes that is something else.:banghead:

Gurrera

ya, they tried that. The sandwich is just called a footlong "the name of the sandwich" not meaning its litterally 12 inches. Then the 6" question came into play. I wonder how they will respond to that.

This lawsuit doesn't seem to bad when you compare to the burglars that file suit for tripping and hurting themselves inside the homes and business of people they try to rob and then filing an injury lawsuit. The hurtful part is that the insurance companies settle pay them to go away and raise the home owner or business insurance. :banghead:

It's a basically frivious suit. Unless there was a conceived and implemented a corporate strategy to defraud people (save money). I believe their bread dough is made off site and is probably consistently measured by weight. And even if the lawyers could make a case - they would have to prove damages. Which would be nil. Also, there is merit to the defense with the issue of what a "foot
" means with respect to subs. Would it be ok if they made subs 12 inches or more but the width was half as much.

This is a case of caveat emptor(buyer beware) and in this case the sandwich is made in front of you and you know exactly what your getting. You've comsumated the deal and accepted the product presented for a certain cost.

In other words, if you didn't think the sub was long (big)enough then you should not purchase.

This is similiar to the Taco Bell beef dust a couple of years ago. Was dropped before it even went to court.

Between this and the hot coffee lawsuits we're doomed. We should be able to smack the lawyer and the people filing this stuff with an 11.5" Subway sandwich right up side the head.:banghead:

The coffee deal sounded bad until you find out what was happening before the media blitz about it. Mc Donalds had been warned to cool it because of other people getting burned. One time around 1992 I stopped at a Mc Donalds around Sacramento and got some breakfast and coffee. The coffee was so frickin hot I couldn't believe it... it was dangerous. I sure as hell would not have placedit between my legs and driven a car. You would have burn't the hell out of your tongue if you tried to sip it in the 1st 5 minutes or so. Does anybody remember this ultra hot coffee before the lady sued and won ?

I think this is all pretty crazy, especially since I once got sued for the same thing by an old girlfriend. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: (can't believe it took 9 posts.....)

you know why men are so good at reading maps....they actually can understand that a inch can equal a mile:laugh:

Back