SUBFRAMES BREAKING - What\'s the latest news?

OB_CanuckBusa

Registered
I am working this issue through my dealer right now - that is what Suzuki recommends - work through the dealer. There is also an address you can write to - but I am waiting to hear back from my dealer first.

This is the most serious Busa issue so far. Cutouts can be addressed by frequent filter changes (a pain but doable). Cam chain can be handled by a manual tensioner. But subframe - major issue for a bike of this size and performance.

I don't normally recommend LABusas, but I will make an exception in this case. There is some good info over there on the subframe issue. There is a guy by the name of Gary Evans who posted info on how he safety wired his Busa with aircraft grade wire in case this happens to him. Gary put some excellent details in his post (just do a search for 'nicopress' and you will find the post - sorry I'm not including the URL).

Of course this isn't a good long term solution, and may or may not save you in a tricky situation, but I think I'm gonna order the parts regardless.

I've been out of curculation for a week.

What's the news on the subframe failures reported by Motorcycle News? any word from Suzuki/Dealers

(MCN reported 4 cases of subframes breaking, causing the rear half of the bike to end up on the tyre(tire?)!!!! most had hard luggage fitted, but one was just two-up with soft luggage. This was first posted by Dangermouse:

)

Back