Subframe failure petition

Gixx1300R

Registered
Busa@11k has been working on the sidelines with Ozibusa (Mick) in Australia on this aluminum subframe failure/recall issue. Mick is trying to get something rolling with the Australian government sector like we have here in the US with the NHSTA to address the need for a recall there also.
He has also came up with this petiton so Busa owners around the world can voice their concerns to Suzuki directly. It's a great idea, and HIGHLY suggest we all sign this petition to put more heat on Suzuki to do the right thing!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SMC/petition.html

I'm on, even if I have a 2002 (steel-subframe)
aktion035.gif

Just signed my name. Lets hope this works and that they step up to the plate and fix it.

Good. Thanks for posting this here. I just saw it on SH.org and signed. I can't believe Suzuki can be so damned cheap on a part that costs them $400.
sad.gif

$400 is what it cost us. It probably only cost them $50 if that much.

I cant believe there are only 174 signatures I have a 2000 and I ride with my daughter on mybike has anyone heard of any breaking off or causing a serious accident

$400 is what it cost us.  It probably only cost them $50 if that much.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
They cost ~$750 retail. $400 is about what they cost the dealer. With manufacturing, equipment, labor and other overhead, shipping, etc. it probably is half that. Who knows the actual cost. It just disturbs me that they would drag their feet on this and fix it in 2001 on top of that as if nothing was wrong.

I had no idea that they were that much. Now I really hope they take responsibility the recall them.

Four days have passed and only 244 signatures so far? Damn, this is on at least four different boards with at least 5000 unique members.
sad.gif

It does'nt matter how much it costs. If its a design fault, which it obviously is as they've fixed it on newer models, it should be recalled.

Has everyone viewed this already? Only 279 signatures so far, unfortunately. I will be un-pinning this topic soon unless someone thinks it's doing any more good here.
sad.gif

290. I'll unpin this and let you guys bump it if you want. I think this is just getting ignored being stuck at the top separate from the other posts.
confused.gif

309 so far. One more subframe casualty.

I'm pinning this back on the board. If you have a 1999 or 2000 and haven't signed this already, PLEASE DO! These subframes have been deemed "not fit for purpose" by engineers and Suzuki refuses to listen.

We really could use at least 1000 signatures, preferrably 2000 or more.

:whip: :whip: :whip: :whip: :whip:

Back