Sturgis

rdnckjim

Registered
Anyone going this year? I just got stationed in South Dakota about 30 or so miles from Sturgis and was wondering if anyone is going, How its been in the past and if anyone would like to meet up. Never been up there before and looking to have some fun and meeting some org members

I happened to be in the area last year on a bike trip while sturgis was going on so I popped in for a night to see what it was all about. Although the people are friendly enough, don't expect to see too many sport bikes there. The day I was there I think I saw 3 compared to 234837236729 cruisers... Great concerts at the buffalo chip at night though

Anyone going this year? I just got stationed in South Dakota about 30 or so miles from Sturgis and was wondering if anyone is going, How its been in the past and if anyone would like to meet up. Never been up there before and looking to have some fun and meeting some org members

I have a question. How big is your guest room? ???

:laugh:RSD.

We should organize a group meeting/ride. I've always wanted to go and I finally have a street bike again.

every year i say im not going to go, but every year i end up back up there.
i have been every year for the past....17yrs. omg is that right? i started going in 1996....oh geez im old!

anyway..:laugh:

what would yall like to do while you are up there?? party at the buffalochip campground and see a concert? ride the pigtails through Custer State park? see the 9pm Rushmore lighting ceremony?
maybe take a chance to go see the bike build off and overheat our bikes walking them through downtown Sturgis??

lots of options.

if your not into the whole crazy biker mega campground; i would suggest staying at one of the campgrounds along Iron Mountain Road and then taking a day trip or two to go see and do different things.

:beerchug: Well..Feedback time. lets hear from yall. :thumbs:

every year i say im not going to go, but every year i end up back up there.
i have been every year for the past....17yrs. omg is that right? i started going in 1996....oh geez im old!

anyway..:laugh:

what would yall like to do while you are up there?? party at the buffalochip campground and see a concert? ride the pigtails through Custer State park? see the 9pm Rushmore lighting ceremony?
maybe take a chance to go see the bike build off and overheat our bikes walking them through downtown Sturgis??

lots of options.

if your not into the whole crazy biker mega campground; i would suggest staying at one of the campgrounds along Iron Mountain Road and then taking a day trip or two to go see and do different things.

:beerchug: Well..Feedback time. lets hear from yall. :thumbs:

I like your second option! i put a manual override switch on my fan - no more heat issues for me.

Good info, wasn't sure of the whole sport bike at sturgis thing. Didnt want to ruffle feathes with any cruisers but I have heard that they have become pretty accepting and will leave you alone. Dont have too much room for others at the house. Got a back yard thats would be ok for camping haha. Kiddo loves bike so Im probably gonna head up there but he is too little to hold on going up there so I will probably have to take the car one day.

I go almost every year, ride my Hayabusa and all my buddies are on Harleys, no problem. You got to be careful, LOTS of crazy riders, roads VERY busy, you must ride especially defensively and expect some jerk riders in the hills. I'm not really into the typical Sturgis scene, things I like best are the Top Fuel Harley drag races and the Pro Hillclimbs. Ever wonder what it's like to see a GSXR1100 engine stuffed into a RM250 frame, burning nitro and drag racing straight up a hill? Very cool. Go for it.

the day I make it big in life I want ot come and join in the fun saw alot off pics and clips about it then also would like to go to the TT

It looks like I'll be there. I never really wanted to go (I don't like riding with a bunch of people I don't know riding all around me).
Plus drunk middle aged out of shape distracted guys on bikes that weigh 6 times more than their weight - not what I like with wifey on the back.

That said, we happen to be driving through in a motorhome with the busa on a rack on the back. The plan is to camp one or two nights. If your tent is nearby, we'll make breakfast. We met a great couple at a wine bar in Boise who have gone 20 years now, and they said the east side is a little less crazy, and if I remember correctly, the side street through town might be a tad less jammed.

The hill climb sounds great (we don't have many in FLA) -- Thanks for the tips.

Not camping - coworker has a cabin out there that we are staying at.. Might see if i can convince someone to go to the drags @ Thunder Valley...

Well if everything goes smooth, Ill be there. So if anyone wants to meet up or get breakfast let me know. 2199297246

Back