Stupid questions?

gentleman2012

Registered
newbie.gif
I just bought a 2002 Busa and have a couple of questions, if anyone can help?

I had to fit new clocks - the dials are in miles, but the trip meter is in kilometers - is there any way to get miles on the trip meter?

I also bought a TRE but can't find the right spot to fit it
blush.gif
- it's a triangular plug, but can anyone advise where it's supposed to go in the loom?

If you can help, thanks for taking the time.......

Did someone just change the face on a US gauge set? I know some cars can switch the electronic display back and forth between miles and KM. Not sure about the Busa. I'll try to look in my owners manual and service manual tonight.

Ohh and welcome to the org.

He's in the UK, it's prolly a Euro spec bike someone put MPH stickers over. Is the speedo off when you ride it?

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, some definitely more useful than others  
biggrin.gif

I've looked for the right connector to fit the TRE beside the tank but I can't find a triangular plug. Guess I'll keep looking....

The bike's a UK bike, the replacement clocks are UK too(off Ebay) but the odometer reads km, km/ltr and ltr/100km. I'm sure I read somewhere you can switch readouts, but don't remember where now.... Speedo seems to read ok, but generally I'm just hanging on too hard to look too close
AAAssjani.gif

Thanks for the welcome too - lot of good advice in the forum, that's for sure

Wish I could help you on the mileage/kilo matter. Hopefully someone here will know. As for installation of the TRE, here are a couple of pictures that might help.

TRE.jpg

As mentioned earlier, lift the front of the tank, and it's on the left side behind the engine. Here's one of it installed.

TRE_II.jpg

(McyMike @ Oct. 16 2006,10:16) TRE goes in under the tank.......on the left side
Come on Mike donate so your avatar will grow.  

By the way where did you get a picture of my wifes a##?

Guys,

Thanks for your help, especially Red05 with the pics.
bowdown.gif

Been too busy riding this w/e to lift the tank, but those pics will help a whole lot.

Thanks again!

Back