Stupid question

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
Explain "chicken strips" to me.
1zhelp.gif

It describes the strips on the sides of the tire that get no wear from leaning... the bigger the strip, the less you are leaning. Thus "Chicken" strips.

<!--EDIT|LadyHawk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156775337 -->

I too will wait for someone more knowledgeable than me...

But i believe they are the wear marks on the outside of the tread of rear wheel from those who can get a good lean in a turn. might be wrong.....
cool.gif

see that area shaded in red, the unused portion of the tire due to lack of leaning? That's the chicken strip
tounge.gif

chixstrips.jpg

I have chicken strips on my bike, but since my tire went flat it looks like I am the lean master. Just ordered a new Qualifier from Pitposse.

see that area shaded in red, the unused portion of the tire due to lack of leaning?  That's the chicken strip
tounge.gif
Since only a portion of the side of the tire is shaded in red, does that mean the bike was in a skid on that side?

Or, should I just go back into the corner and keep my mouth shut like a good little boy?

laugh.gif

I just googled "chicken strip" to find that pic...the entire side should be shaded in red...
biggrin.gif

Now, you may proceed to the corner
tounge.gif
wink.gif

(--Shanling @ Aug. 28 2006,10:48)
(--VaBusa @ Aug. 28 2006,10:45)
laugh.gif

I just googled "chicken strip" to find that pic...the entire side should be shaded in red...
biggrin.gif

Now, you may proceed to the corner
tounge.gif
wink.gif
Perhaps you need to sharpen your Googling skillz?

"Running into corner with hands over my head and cowering down"
rock.gif
Why? I found a pic that I thought would help...

What am I missing here? *bunches up fist*

"Cowering in corner with hands and arms over head mumbling "please dont hurt me, please dont hurt me""

great...i was just headed to bed and now i'm hungry
biggrin.gif

If you use Google Images, sure, you get tons of pics of chicken, then there's this obscure little pic of that tire I posted up...
biggrin.gif

People who just now learned how to check their SUV tires for proper inflation have told me my tire looks underinflated
smile.gif

VA Is an acknowledged Chicken strip expert.
smile.gif
tounge.gif

Heh...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156778436 -->

Back