Stupid question

And NO do not try to BUFF, SAND, or Grind away your chicken strips...
laugh.gif
I've seen it, and it's pretty damned funny.

VA Is an acknowledged Chicken strip expert.  
smile.gif
tounge.gif

Heh...
Yeah, I only use the center 1" of tire...makes riding more challenging
laugh.gif

Now, take a peek at any pic of my Busa and tell me I have these huge chicken strips everyone says I have...I haven't scuffed the edge, but I have leaned the bike before...
biggrin.gif

Chicken strips are mostly for bragging rights and have very little to do with actual riding skill.

I have chicken strips because how many roads actually require you to lean her down enough to wear down that portion of the tire? Around here... not very many.

(--300Busa @ Aug. 28 2006,13:24)
(--PaNDeM1C @ Aug. 28 2006,10:45) I have chicken strips because how many roads actually require you to lean her down enough to wear down that portion of the tire? Around here... not very many.
Depends on how fast you are going. Take a 35mph turn at 80mph and tell me how far you had to lean.
You go take a 35mph turn at 80 and let me know... and I'll take your word on it.
smile.gif

(PaNDeM1C @ Aug. 28 2006,14:41)
(--300Busa @ Aug. 28 2006,13:24)
(--PaNDeM1C @ Aug. 28 2006,10:45) I have chicken strips because how many roads actually require you to lean her down enough to wear down that portion of the tire? Around here... not very many.
Depends on how fast you are going.  Take a 35mph turn at 80mph and tell me how far you had to lean.
You go take a 35mph turn at 80 and let me know... and I'll take your word on it.
smile.gif
It's a pretty good lean.
biggrin.gif

I've got a 10 mph corner that I hit a few times each week between 40 and 55 mph . Still have a 1/2 inch chicken strip !
mad.gif

I am not an expert but.....Maybe the bigger your chicken strips the better you are?

It takes skill to turn the bike without leaning?
rock.gif
???

I don't know just a thought.

I heard the used part of the tire was the knowledge strip! LOL  

Hell after the dragon, I aint got no damn chicken strips!

Wait........does that mean I have less knowledge?
rock.gif
Oh well, you know what they say......I am a prison guard! LOL

Nostripssmall.JPG

I thought chicken strips was the metal strip on the bottom of the footpegs. You rub them when you lean over hard in a turn. They got the name because you decide how chicken you are leaning over that far. They are there to give you the caution that you are at the limits of the bikes ability to stay up.

I may be wrong but I never heard about the tire version.

Back