Stupid Question...

WarBlade

Registered
Well folks i finaly found a busa...closing deal this tuesday....just wonder this Busa only has One Muffler/pipe whatever you guys call...all the busa's ive seen has 2..this bike is a 2002...is the one tailpipe a certain year..or something...thanks guys

I'd say sometimes it's better , sometimes not . I've had a few GSXR's over the years an' Ninja's an' yadda yadda....
Sometimes you lose a little "driv-ability" with an' aftermarket system . Some of them take away a little bottom end (low RPM's) in exchange for better mid-range an' of course top end. Which can make it a little harder to get off the line smoothly , especially when carryin' yer favourite lady friend. You end up having to rev it higher , an' slip the clutch a little,in order to leave the line without depositing yer pillion on the ground .
I'd be interested to see if its been properly tuned for the new system . You wanna talk to who ever installed it,or a trusted mechanic . Have a look around yerself for a Yosh box , a Power Commander , etc . They usually get hidden under the hump/pillion , the pilots seat(not usually on a Busa thou) , or the cavity under the fuel tank .
If its not properly tuned , yer lookin' at 2-5 hundred in parts(Yosh,PC,etc) , 2-4 hundred in labour(dyno,mapping,etc) , depending on where you live.
Lets us know what the system is an' we can help you from there .
Hav a good 1.....welcome to Busa Heaven....RSD.

I see thier biting pretty hard today
jump9.gif

WarBlade: Nice Busa and welcome to the forum! Definitely Yoshi pipes. Rubbersidedown's comments are very important. Take his advice. Make sure the bike is properly "tuned" for that modification (MAP, powercommander....etc etc). Bike will run better that way and you don't want to risk having your bike in the shop all summer.

From the looks of the bike, nice chrome wheels and some other chrome parts...., the owner probably took care of it and did the necessary adjustments, but you want to make sure. Get a good mechanic to look at it and have it properly tuned.
It is worth the time and money.

Ride safe.

Oh....and one other item Sir WarBlade......just remember....

The all-black Special Edition Hayabusa's are the fastest color so if you ever ride with Revlis (another intriguing fella on this forum, you will be looking at his rear end the whole time.)

Yes,we are all a little crazy, we must be to ride a bike that goes faster than a Boeing 777 at take-off. As a matter of fact, some of us need electrodes put in our heads we are soooo crazy.........

Be well as you will see, this forum will be very helpful to you. It has saved me lots of money and time and I've only had a busa for a month.

firedevil.gif

Make damn sure you get the thing checked over by a mechanic before you take it home...That thing has had ALOT of work done and you never know whats lurking underneath.  It could be someones baby that they took excellent care of but it could have also been to the dragstrip every weekend and just about be on it's last legs.  It's been lowered already and that is going to ass up the handling, so if your into corners you have work to do already.  Remember that a prime motivator for custom work is a crash so be sure that everything is up to snuff.  Check under the tail, look at the forks real good, see about getting under the bodywork etc.  

Be careful, The body on that thing is from a 1999 is the rest of it a 2002?  Is it a salvage title?  Or is it actually a 1999 and you are being lied too?  I dunno Man, Keep your your wallet in your pocket until it has been inspected by a mechanic...your local Suzuki dealer would be a good start.  If the sellers balks, do not buy!!!!  You will regret it...

Warblade......you do realize this things heavily modded already don't you.......damn things even got an airshifter on it......which almost certainly means heavy drag race action......you be careful of this one dude.....it's no 2002 unless that guy really liked the 99 copper color and has a good painter.
The system is Yosh with a Trioval can and the thing has been lowered big time.

I'd walk if I were you dude.......too many things not jivin!!!!!
Bill

Yeah What Monster said, one other thing?  Have you seen the bike in person?  I am curious because in the top photo it doesn't look like the frame and swingarm have been polished, in the rest it has....Could just be the lighting...I dunno...

Just looking out Bro, It's not my money and I don't know you from Jack, but just looking out for a fellow rider looking to get BusaFide!!!!

Why is it that in the top picture the frame and swingarm are not polished and the bottom they are........taken at different times or are ya gettin hosed here.
This bike is not a site unseen purchase is it?
rock.gif
?

Too funny Rev posted that at exactly the same time dude.
I don't think it's just lighting......cuz you'd notice some shine somewhere.

Too funny Rev posted that at exactly the same time dude.
I don't think it's just lighting......cuz you'd notice some shine somewhere.
Yeah Your right, if the pipe and wheel is shinning then we should at least se something off the passenger footpegs, swingarm, or frame... Looks like two different bikes, we only get a full shot of the one, and only rear halves of the other....

Warblade...you out there?
rock.gif

Well the guy lives about 200miles from....i offered to see him in person and pay for the bike...but he wont..he'd rather deal with an escrow account...which is off....

the escrow account site his wanting me to deal with is
http://www.secured-deals.com which is based in italy wtf...imma wire miney to some guy in italy....i asked him for vin but he wont give it out til i come see the bike and all the paper work,...i realy want this bike...his asking $4500 for it...but man im gonna take you guys word..and go from there...

Ok folks this is the site i found the bike on its in Yahoo

http://classifieds.autos.yahoo.com/class....=243.93

This is the email i got from him...

Thank you for e-mail and sory for my delay but i was out of town! The bike
is like new nevre been droped or else. No problems with the engine. This
bike is perfect condition. No races has been made with this bike. I am the
first owner. I addes K&N sport air filter, super sport suspension (2 cm
lowered) and Ground Zero windscreen.

Help me out guys..i havnt cashed my CHECK from the Bank and was goin to do it today......so pleaseeee help me..
the guy wont give me any personal information..and ive tried to get him over the phone..or me call him..but no luck..
he said he needs the money cause his wife is in the hospital...damn....i should have posted about this bike days ago..but i was been selfish and thinking someone else might jump on it and buy it before me.....

Warblade, no offense just from the little u posted about you and this bike seems way to shakey for me. Thats a 99 unless its been repainted with that color and it has way too much aftermarket stuff for a new to busa's rider. Just my opinion, The price is attractive but I wouldnt recommend you buy it. Better to start with a bone stocker - Kent

I was wondering about the lowering of this bike..and how come no one jumped on this Yahoo sale....i just want a bike that i can ride with..im not a stunter or anything..but dont want a Cruzer...with all that lowering im thinking its not a real daily rider....man this sucks..but i think im not gonna go thru with this...and just look for a Bone stock busa...

I was wondering about the lowering of this bike..and how come no one jumped on this Yahoo sale....i just want a bike that i can ride with..im not a stunter or anything..but dont want a Cruzer...with all that lowering im thinking its not a real daily rider....man this sucks..but i think im not gonna go thru with this...and just look for a Bone stock busa...
Your making the right decision man, it sucks but I gaurantee that there is something jacked up here.  

The guys add makes no sense, and refusing to meet you in person w/Vin # means it's stolen or salvaged or just doesn't exist at all...  

Good decision though, keep walking.  Even a 99 Busa in fairly ragged shape should still fetch around $5K I would imagine.  A 2002 in "perfect condition" with all them goodies?  Should be around $10-11K...

Besides, would you buy a car sight unseen without ever seeing it or having it checked? Without any solid contact information for the owner? No way...

If they were dealing with PayPal, told you to come right on up and check it out, let you take it to a mechanic and had a clear title to show you? Then no sweat...but nothing adds up here...

Anybody have a Busa they want to sell Warblade?

Back