Stupid Question...

There's a 01 Black/Silver here for $7K. Bike is very nice all stock and only 4000 miles.

Blade......dude......that bike has 6400 miles on it so he says.....but that's 25,600 passes down the strip.....look at it that way.
The price is cheap......but get it home, and a weak later you notice a knock in the bottom end that he had temporarily quietened down with some garbage oil additive.......so you take it to a mechanic.....and it ends up costing 2k to fix....then there's the tranny and clutch and alot more that could send you way into debt.
Do the smart thing blade......run.
Spend a little more now to save alot more later.

Don't buy that bike.

I've heard of a couple of scams where the money was sent to an "escrow account" outside of the country and then the customer waas totally screwed. I wish I could remember the details but I can't.

Thanks guys... looks like i might just spend the 10K and get a brand new bike with warranty...i dont know..im lookin on ebay and stuff...Another question,... I have the check from the Loan Office...can i still return the check...or just take my lazzy ass and call them up..hehehee but damn...if i get something else other then a busa...am i still welcome...I know im still new but dammit..you guys seem like a krazy group of guys i would click with,,,,,

Thanks guys... looks like i might just spend the 10K and get a brand new bike with warranty...i dont know..im lookin on ebay and stuff...Another question,... I have the check from the Loan Office...can i still return the check...or just take my lazzy ass and call them up..hehehee but damn...if i get something else other then a busa...am i still welcome...I know im still new but dammit..you guys seem like a krazy group of guys i would click with,,,,,
You can ride a Vespa here and be welcome...just not a pink one.
The loan check should be easy enough, if you do not cash it it still isn't a loan. Tell the bank the seller backed out or whatever and shouldn't be an issue.

Try to find a left over 2002 busa in Black and Blue, They look freakin sweet. Tell the dealer you want it for $9500 OTD, they should be willing to go along.

How much riding experiance do you have though, and if you don't mind how old are you? Curious about your age for insurance reasons and experiance for survival reasons. If you do not have a few years of riding a sportbike behind you the Busa may be a bit too much or just downright spooky.

If you really want a sporty bike that you can just ride and ride, check out the Honda Interceptor or maybe one of the new wonder sixes...They are plenty fast and Insurance shouldn't sting as much. Not to mention they are alot easier to live with than the Busa in a day to day manner, they weigh a lot less (600's anyway) and they are just easier to manage from a size standpoint. The Busa is pretty large physically and can be a bit intimidating.

Just a thought.

dood, this guys a scammer, if he,s not willing to do the deal in person he,s not legit, turn his number over to the feds that investigate internet fraud, its people like him that are turning the net into a circus....

tell you a little about myself...well im still so so on a bike...i can do the basic's...im 6'3 340 pounds..with my size..i didnt want no Stunt bike that would be realy uncomfortable.. and alot of people directed me towards the busa...as far as comfort and for someone my size..... im 26 years old...i wanted something used so i can just laydown libiality..cause i got quoted at 240 a month full coverage which it to outrageous...and i realy like the feel of the busa,...its starting to be a obession.....heheheh sorry

tell you a little about myself...well im still so so on a bike...i can do the basic's...im 6'3 340 pounds..with my size..i didnt want no Stunt bike that would be realy uncomfortable.. and alot of people directed me towards the busa...as far as comfort and for someone my size..... im 26 years old...i wanted something used so i can just laydown  libiality..cause i got quoted at 240 a month full coverage which it to outrageous...and i realy like the feel of the busa,...its starting to be a obession.....heheheh sorry
You might also check the Kawasaki ZZR1200. It's a big ole' beast as well. Just a thought. But your right the busa is big enough that you won't look weird riding it...and a 600 is prolly not going to look or fit right...Good luck and take it easy when you do get a Busa, just for the break in anyway... it's a sweet bike.

Revlis....your from Tampa? hehe i always go down and party in Stpete and Ybor city...i always see the group of guys on there bikes at the bootom of ybor...and see you guys Running accort that Bridge to St pete...heheheh maybe it was you LOL

Don't buy that bike.

I've heard of a couple of scams where the money was sent to an "escrow account" outside of the country and then the customer waas totally screwed.  I wish I could remember the details but I can't.
I came across the scam from FOUR different people wanting to buy my old bike when I posted it on the internet. What they do is send you a money order for say $4K over the asking price and want you to forward the rest to an escrow account or some shipping agent. You take the money order to the bank and they think it is real and you forward the rest of the money on. A week later your bank calls and says the money order is a fake and you are stuck with the cost since your real money is gone. Usually they never take the bike or car or whatever but you are still out of the money.

Warblade, walk away, very shady deal going on there. That bike is a 99 and would be worth a lot more than $4500 anyways. Hell those rims are worth at least a grand if not more.

'Blade....there's a couple ways to look at this...if you can see it...ride it , get it checked , the paperwork is all legit ,he put 99 plastic on it cause it had 1 little mis-hap , it didnt have the shid dragged out of it . I'd be thinkin a bit more about it . At 4500 that thing is a steal , even if the motor blows up next week , you could buy another , an' still be way ahead . Find out if the owner has all the extra parts . The original links(to put the ride height back) the kickstand(it has an ajustable one on there now) yadda yadda yadda . If he has all the extra's...this bike is an awesome deal , even if the motor is hooped . Buy a new mill...end up with a spare clutch,tranny,crank,yadda yadda yadda .
juz a thought....

you are better off not going for this busa, sounds a little too iffy, if, get it?, you ask me. There are alot of good deals out there on busas that are not that beat on, modded to death and raced alot. Keep looking and get one that will take care of you.

'Blade....there's a couple ways to look at this...if you can see it...ride it , get it checked , the paperwork is all legit ,he put 99 plastic on it cause it had 1 little mis-hap , it didnt have the shid dragged out of it .  I'd be thinkin a bit more about it . At 4500 that thing is a steal , even if the motor blows up next week , you could buy another , an' still be way ahead . Find out if the owner has all the extra parts . The original links(to put the ride height back) the kickstand(it has an ajustable one on there now)  yadda yadda yadda . If he has all the extra's...this bike is an awesome deal , even if the motor is hooped . Buy a new mill...end up with a spare clutch,tranny,crank,yadda yadda yadda .
  juz a thought....
But Rub.....the owner won't give him any personal info, won't see him in person, or give him the vin#, and wants him to use an esgrow website based in Italy to pay for it.
Oh yeah and he's sellin it cuz his wife is in the hospital.
Here's the add:
Thank you for e-mail and sory for my delay but i was out of town! The bike
is like new nevre been droped or else. No problems with the engine. This
bike is perfect condition. No races has been made with this bike. I am the
first owner. I added K&N sport air filter, super sport suspension (2 cm
lowered) and Ground Zero windscreen.
Come on there's alot more done to this bike than that.......somethings not adding up.
And what the hell is the super sport suspension.......oh yeah it's been lowered.
The guy says no races......why does he need an airshifter for the street.
This is too funny.

for sure Monsta....I was just hopin' he could get a look at it,its only supposed to be 200 miles away...he could be there in a couple hours . Curiosity would have me pounding on that doods door in five seconds,2 minute's later pounding on his head ,if it turned out to be a scam. But if thats the case Monster, and he cant see it or ride.....then why are all of us even having this discussion . I wouldnt turn over 5 grand for something "sight-unseen" . I wouldn't care if the fuggin' thing was owned by a priest .
lets not forget that little latin saying:

Caveat Emtor....(help me out with the sp Revlis)

"Let the Buyer Beware"..... have a gr8 nite doods...RSD

for sure Monsta....I was just hopin' he could get a look at it,its only supposed to be 200 miles away...he could be there in a couple hours .   Curiosity would have me pounding on that doods door in five seconds,2 minute's later pounding on his head ,if it turned out to be a scam.      But if thats the case Monster, and he cant see it or ride.....then why are all of us even having this discussion .   I wouldnt turn over 5 grand for something "sight-unseen" .   I wouldn't care if the fuggin' thing was owned by a priest .

"Let the Buyer Beware".....    have a gr8 nite doods...RSD
Curiosity would have me pounding on that doods door in five seconds,2 minute's later pounding on his head ,if it turned out to be a scam.

I wouldn't care if the fuggin' thing was owned by a priest .

Yer a funny dude RSD.......yer posts always make me laugh.

for sure Monsta....I was just hopin' he could get a look at it,its only supposed to be 200 miles away...he could be there in a couple hours .   Curiosity would have me pounding on that doods door in five seconds,2 minute's later pounding on his head ,if it turned out to be a scam.      But if thats the case Monster, and he cant see it or ride.....then why are all of us even having this discussion .   I wouldnt turn over 5 grand for something "sight-unseen" .   I wouldn't care if the fuggin' thing was owned by a priest .

"Let the Buyer Beware".....    have a gr8 nite doods...RSD
Caveat Emptor...In an extreme fashion...

Yeah I mean even if he agreed to let you come see this thing bring a friend and firearm...

Initially Warblade didn't mention the guy refusing to meet. this would have ended the deal in my mind then and there...But as you mentioned in your last post, deal looked pretty damn sweet, but I would bet my ride that this is deal is a non-starter. The seller obviously only has the most basic grasp of the english language and I would suspect that this bike doesn't even belong to the seller, and is not even on this continent... Just a thought but my BS radar is a singing loud...

Yea ive asked the guy a few times on MSN messenger for his # but no luck..ive gave him my # to call me..but he says his at work...and that he would call when he gets off work...no Call...always says that his somewhere or caught up somewhere....his english is kinda broken...not even to Internet eboniks LOL..but yea guys ive looked on..returning check back to the bank..and goin to try get a loan for a diffrent amount.....But im to man Hooked on getting a BUSA...see what you guys did to me...

Yea ive asked the guy a few times on MSN messenger for his # but no luck..ive gave him my # to call me..but he says his at work...and that he would call when he gets off work...no Call...always says that his somewhere or caught up somewhere....his english is kinda broken...not even to Internet eboniks LOL..but yea guys ive looked on..returning check back to the bank..and goin to try get a loan for a diffrent amount.....But im to man Hooked on getting a BUSA...see what you guys did to me...
Happens to the best (and worst) of us Blade
Good luck with yer shopping

DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE
DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE
DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE

WARBLADE DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE.

Escrow account out of the country......screw that....if you get screwed you have NO RECOURSE as it is out of country....even if it did exist.

Why chance it? I am in international finance and this deal smells worse than a harley that just ran over a skunk.

DO NOT BUY THIS BIKE.

Back