Stupid master links...

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I hate doin master links more than anything. We just don't get along. I'm doin the clip style till I can get to the Bash where 2BB is hooking me up with a rivet style.
Anyway, I bought 2 links at the shop today knowing 1 would go wrong and sure enough it did.
Anyone ever had this happen before?

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1302577868415.jpg

Yes that has happened to me...can't you turn around the press tool and seat it again?
If its not one thing it will be another. The tool breaks easy to if abused, but there are replacment parts for it.

Buy the Motion Pro tool, and that won't happen. Tool is worth the money, IMO.

I had a chain come off once, cost almost $600 to fix

Buy the Motion Pro tool, and that won't happen. Tool is worth the money, IMO.

I had a chain come off once, cost almost $600 to fix

Your local auto parts store may even have the tool to rent. Most of those places rent tools, you pay a deposit of full cost of the tool (in case you don't bring it back) then you get all of your money returned when you do bring it back. :thumbsup:

Honestly, I only had problems with a master link when I didn't have the proper tool. I think mines the RK rivet tool. It has always worked fine for me.

i have made do with a c clamp in the past but finally got PO'ed this year and bought the motion pro tool, turns it into a 5 minute job even with 2 chains.:beerchug:

use a 2 small nuts, or even a tiny sockets and a C-Clamp to apply pressure to the plate without pressing the pin .

I had to do a friends chain earlier tonight, used this method, worked great :thumbsup:
Still gonna get the tool at some.point....

I had to do a friends chain earlier tonight, used this method, worked great :thumbsup:
Still gonna get the tool at some.point....

the tool works best.....but all I could find was the cheap one that will push the pins out, but did not have the attachment needed to put it back together..

Back