Stupid Government

Johnnie Phatt

Registered
In an effort to secure continued support for his govt. Recently elected Ontario provincial leader Doug Ford has given Sihks the privilege of riding with out a helmet. To be clear
I do not care if they ride without a lid
I care that there is a special rule for one religious group over all others.
I must conform while others do not :(. A minor issue in the grand scheme I know but I'm pissed just the same. Once governance is modified to suit religious groups there is no stopping it. Regardless of the religion.

Funny, I am from british columbia and the other day i saw an indian guy without a helmet on a motorcycle but instead one of these ( i dont know the english name..)cover things they wear on their heads. I assume its the same ridiculous rule here too....and by the way- if you ride a bicycle without a helmet you will get a ticket here...

What a joke!

In an effort to secure continued support for his govt. Recently elected Ontario provincial leader Doug Ford has given Sihks the privilege of riding with out a helmet. To be clear
I do not care if they ride without a lid
I care that there is a special rule for one religious group over all others.
I must conform while others do not :(. A minor issue in the grand scheme I know but I'm pissed just the same. Once governance is modified to suit religious groups there is no stopping it. Regardless of the religion.
That's the future...all PC all the time.....it has only begun.

I would be mad that the government is making anyone wear a helmet. It’s your life at risk not anyone else’s. Changed the law for the wrong reasons I agree.

Helmet law and seatbelt law should be a choice. I will wear my helmet but I’m 3 seatbelt tickets in now. I don’t like that strap

Helmet law and seatbelt law should be a choice. I will wear my helmet but I’m 3 seatbelt tickets in now. I don’t like that strap

I agree, but only if they are allowed to let you die in the dirt when something happens. Why should others have to pay for your own choices.

I have insurance. Helmet or seatbelt. Who’s most likely to die in a wreck?
I mean... if you dont like a helmet or a seatbelt you put yourself by own choice at a way higher risk. Insurance or not- you choose that for yourself and nobody should be responsible for you if you are insured. Also since you dont "play by the rules" why should an insurance cover for you? Its like buying a house in an area where tornados happen all the time. They wont even give you insurance.
Same as if they would know you "dont like" and follow these saftey measures - they wouldnt give you insurance!

I don't mean that personally. Just my two cents!

Freedom you get the choice not dictated.

National health care.... When government puts a cost or value to your life. Solution or the problem???

In Iowa is know as a health care capitol. We have no helmet laws. It is cheaper to die than serious hospital stays.......

Natural selection. Lol

Last edited:
Let’s talk about methadone. To treat addiction but Doctors prescribe for years? Who’s paying that. 4x more likely to death with that. Druggies take that and drug of choice, f.d.a. And insurance. No sympathy here.

Back