Stupid Government

Oddly enough the party that is passing this legislation is our (kind of) equivalent of the republican party. They always claim to not be politically correct. But votes matter more I guess.

The good news for this is the police have identified they can't 100% detect cannabis in people, the litmus detector is giving false readings.

Our government is anti-cigarette smoking yet they legalize pot smoking where no filters are used...I am just a dumb country boy but even I know this can't be good for you. Add to this the medical Drs are saying marijuana can cause long term mental health issues and the government buries their head in the sand.
Even out Prime Minister said legalizing pot was a health and safety issue and will go ahead...makes very little sense to me but I guess it will allow the cops more time to pursue other things-like Hayabusa riders.

The good news for this is the police have identified they can't 100% detect cannabis in people, the litmus detector is giving false readings.

Our government is anti-cigarette smoking yet they legalize pot smoking where no filters are used...I am just a dumb country boy but even I know this can't be good for you. Add to this the medical Drs are saying marijuana can cause long term mental health issues and the government buries their head in the sand.
Even out Prime Minister said legalizing pot was a health and safety issue and will go ahead...makes very little sense to me but I guess it will allow the cops more time to pursue other things-like Hayabusa riders.

THC remains in the system for 3-4 weeks depending on body fat and the length of time the smoker has used. Read up on it. The health benefits outweigh the possible long term effects. Ask a chemo patient if legalizing it was worth it.

People are all the same, what I do is ok, what you do is bad. Do you ever have a drink?,do you speed?, smoke a cigarette?, ride a motorcycle?J walk? ..... you name it somebody will think you wrong.

THC remains in the system for 3-4 weeks depending on body fat and the length of time the smoker has used. Read up on it. The health benefits outweigh the possible long term effects. Ask a chemo patient if legalizing it was worth it.

Medical marijuana has always been around and it can be in pill form, they don't need to smoke it and there has always been restrictions as it was prescribed as medicine.

I'm talking about the people who smoke it and nobody but nobody can tell me smoking anything is good for you regardless. My father died of emphysema from smoking so I am not an advocate of it whatsoever. Canada has a government who is anti-cigarette smoking and yet advocates someone smoking marijuana, I don't get it.

I do not use Weed in any form. As a truck driver now retired I could not even had I wanted to However as a old hippie I have numerous friends who have been and still are long term marijuana smokers. They contribute to society. Hold down jobs and do not break into peoples homes or turn psychotic at a moments notice. While there are pros and cons I am a little tired of the Reefer Madness/Cheech and Chong portrayal of both recreational as well as medicinal use On the plus side at least the weed that is becoming available is grown under controlled conditions and dispensed through licensed facilities. The nature and amount of THC can be controlled and specific blends can be formulated for medicinal purposes. Actual hard research can begin to find out the facts through blind tests rather than misunderstanding and rumour. Gone should be the days of having absolutely no idea where the stuff was coming from or what you were injesting. But then I am an optimist where human endeavour is concerned. But Yellow 09 is correct There is no need to force people to smoke it for either recreational or medicinal purposes. That in Ontario at lest is the result of our Over bearing Former Provincial Government who could just not get over being the Nanny state. She was a stupid leader and refused to let people think for themselves All in the name of power and control

People are all the same, what I do is ok, what you do is bad. Do you ever have a drink?,do you speed?, smoke a cigarette?, ride a motorcycle?J walk? ..... you name it somebody will think you wrong.

I have never smoked, drank or used any sort of drug but I am not a "holier than thou" person by any stretch, I have seen too many cultures and places to be like that.

Of course there are those who look at everything and be negative, I am not saying that, I am saying people who normally would not use marijuana because it was illegal could look at this as an open invitation. These same people will be sharing the roads with me and my family.

I live in Colorado, those that used weed still do, those that didn’t still don’t. That’s my observation. Drunk drivers are a far bigger problem. Life is a risk , we can’t stop people from taking them, guard yourself as best you can.

Medical marijuana has always been around and it can be in pill form, they don't need to smoke it and there has always been restrictions as it was prescribed as medicine.

I'm talking about the people who smoke it and nobody but nobody can tell me smoking anything is good for you regardless. My father died of emphysema from smoking so I am not an advocate of it whatsoever. Canada has a government who is anti-cigarette smoking and yet advocates someone smoking marijuana, I don't get it.

In re: “Medical marijuana has always been around and it can be in pill form, they don't need to smoke it and there has always been restrictions as it was prescribed as medicine.”

That’s marinol and it’s not as effective as unprocessed or manufactured marijuana (and) most doctors aren’t comfortable prescribing it so they seldom do. Read this and maybe you’ll see the lack of logic used to ‘warn’ everyone away from the evil weed. The warnings for ‘may cause seizures’ et al for example, are based on totally out dated information or really, misinformation. Marijuana has never been thought of as a cash crop by big pharma or the AMA so very little research has ever taken place to really evaluate its effects or benefits. I also don’t believe that Canada is actually ‘advocating’ someone smoking marijuana. Sounds more like they’re letting their citizenry decide for themselves.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0010045/?report=details#warning

In re: “Medical marijuana has always been around and it can be in pill form, they don't need to smoke it and there has always been restrictions as it was prescribed as medicine.”

That’s marinol and it’s not as effective as unprocessed or manufactured marijuana (and) most doctors aren’t comfortable prescribing it so they seldom do. Read this and maybe you’ll see the lack of logic used to ‘warn’ everyone away from the evil weed. The warnings for ‘may cause seizures’ et al for example, are based on totally out dated information or really, misinformation. Marijuana has never been thought of as a cash crop by big pharma or the AMA so very little research has ever taken place to really evaluate its effects or benefits. I also don’t believe that Canada is actually ‘advocating’ someone smoking marijuana. Sounds more like they’re letting their citizenry decide for themselves.

Big pharma hates anything they can't copyright. Like Herbs And herbs are available to anyone with a lamp and a tray of dirt.

I also don’t believe that Canada is actually ‘advocating’ someone smoking marijuana. Sounds more like they’re letting their citizenry decide for themselves.

By legalizing it, this advocates it's use as those on the fringe of not wanting to do something illegal now have a clear passage to do it. Those who operated within an illegal realm, this will not affect them except allow them to pop out of the shadows.

Not much I can do, I didn't vote for our current government as I didn't like this part (or any part) of his platform. The only avenue I have is to complain about it I guess.

By legalizing it, this advocates it's use as those on the fringe of not wanting to do something illegal now have a clear passage to do it. Those who operated within an illegal realm, this will not affect them except allow them to pop out of the shadows.

Not much I can do, I didn't vote for our current government as I didn't like this part (or any part) of his platform. The only avenue I have is to complain about it I guess.
Well you get to vote again soon. It will be interesting to see who wins. And should it be the PC's even more interesting to see if they reverse it. Especially when you consider the number of their supporters who now have a financial interest in the product doing well.

Well you get to vote again soon. It will be interesting to see who wins. And should it be the PC's even more interesting to see if they reverse it. Especially when you consider the number of their supporters who now have a financial interest in the product doing well.
Reverse it? Not if it comes with tax, and it will....

Back