Stupid Crap I heard last night...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
OK last night MikeyUSF, his lovely wife, and myself hooked up and went to a local bike hangout. Now it was pretty cool, just a gathering of people united under a sportbike flag. Did my heart some good, there were white, black, and brown folks all just hanging out BSing, it was cool...Even some dude on like a Triumph with a sidecar rolled in... There were probably about 5 Busa's altogether.

OK the stupid part was listening to a couple of guys parked near Mike and I. One with a new CBR600RR, and the other on a Ducati 748. His quote, (I don't think they knew I could hear them) "yeah but if you put equal riders on the Ducati and that thing the Ducati will run rings around it..." His lil buddy grunting in agreement..."because you cannot really use all the power of those things and they don't handle.." I turned and eyeballed the two of them, they sorta looked a little surprised. But they were both standing there in their shorts and t-shirts with kinda sheepish looks on their faces (MY SQUID RADAR WAS GOING OFF) so I didn't pursue the issue but man...I get tired of hearing this crap...

If you are on a stock busa at a tight road course, he may well have a point. But on the streets in real world twisties I have never ridden anything that can exit corners harder than the Busa, that is as stable, and we all know about what happens when the road straightens... I dunno I imagine you could wear yourself out proving these folks wrong, I imagine it's not worth it... If you hate the way the busa looks I can accept that, if you hate Suzuki's I can deal with that, but to claim hatred of the Busa because it is not a good sportbike...I don't think so...

I like to think of it as standard old, people hate what they fear, they are intimidated by or had their ass handed to them by a Busa so it's better to just bash away...

Thanks for listening to me rant...

They're just jealous----who wouldn't be? The emensity of a Busa rider's balls are so huge-----well we all know this.

Hey Rev

let them think that they are all that it just makes that much more enjoyable when you leave them far behind.....

if they realy new the busa was as bad as it is they would never think about going up against the best

so let them on their petty little bikes in their own petty little dream world go on and when REALITY catches up to them it will be a Busa passing them on the way back to reality

cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

cool.gif

*gives extra large balls a squeeze and wishes it wasn't raining*

Aaaah, Ignorance is Bliss!

I just laugh at these guys anymore, and if they ask, they get an edumakashun.

I have had a few of the same experiences here in texas. only thing is everything is big in texas, especially the piles of BS. well, after i found myself standing in a few substantial piles, and offered to put down any misconceptions, things changed, at least around here. see, here the squids talk a lot of smack, but i've since handed quite a few asses back tattered and torn from trying to catch me and choking on the dust. keep yer head and the shiny side up man and dont let em get to ya.

Lumpy (aka squidbuster)
sneaky.gif
sneaky.gif

sneaky.gif

omg rev why didnt you say something dood? If I would have known they were talking sh*t I would have put my wife on with you, and ran that little duck into the ground.

On the very small, super curvy track, a duck will probably beat a busa. Anything, especially on the streets or anything where the speeds can exceed 120mph, the busa will crush a duck.

That wasnt even a 996 or 999, that POS was a duck 748. I think those bikes make about 95hp and like 60 pounds of torque, that aint sh*t!

OMG dood I wish you would have told me this, I would gone to the ATM, pulled out $500 in cash and told him to put his money where his mouth was!

Mike

omg rev why didnt you say something dood? If I would have known they were talking sh*t I would have put my wife on with you, and ran that little duck into the ground.

On the very small, super curvy track, a duck will probably beat a busa. Anything, especially on the streets or anything where the speeds can exceed 120mph, the busa will crush a duck.

That wasnt even a 996 or 999, that POS was a duck 748. I think those bikes make about 95hp and like 60 pounds of torque, that aint sh*t!

OMG dood I wish you would have told me this, I would gone to the ATM, pulled out $500 in cash and told him to put his money where his mouth was!

Mike
That would be why I didn't say anything...I sized up the situation, realized that they weren't worth the effort and moved on. I figured if I had said something things would get a little more...shall we say involved?

And whats this about putting Jen on my bike so you could teach them a lesson...I am pretty certain that I can hold my own...especially with a Duc 748. Has my tendancy to obey the law given you the wrong impression of my riding abilities?

Besides, a dink with a 748 really isn't worth all the hassle is it?

Rev,

I am proud of ya brotha. No need to waste your time or the fuel proving those bozos wrong... And, we KNOW they are dead wrong.

Good job!

-Rip.

dont even waste a thought or breath....

It's like callin' someone out for a fight on the Internet .
You could be talking to a real psycho . They could show up at yer door . Then you have to deal with them . Who needs that . If yer life is good...WHY TAKE A CHANCE ON FUGGIN' IT UP OVER SOME LOSER .
only a real zero would engage in such things .

"My cousin's brothers uncle has a bike faster than yours."

O.....ok . There is just no need to play someone's game of bullshid . 1 day..they'll get theirs . They will...its the law of averages .

If ya wanna play tuff guy...climb in the ring...or hit the local track .
I used to have to deal with "tuff-guys" all the time . The "Puffer Game". It was fun for a bit, then the thrill wears off .
There is always someone tuffer . There is always someone faster .
And in this case....there is always someone more STUPID .
Right B H ....hee hee hee .

Pay it/them...no mind....yer about 10 times smarter than that Rev .
There just loud barkin' junk yard dogs .

TELL 'EM TO GO HUMP SOMEONE ELSE'S LEG .

You can whip me...you can beat me...you can kill me...

JUST DONT BORE ME .

hav a good 1 Rev....RSD .

Hey guys! I grew up in Tampa(riverview actually) and when I was stationed in Jacksonville I would ride my ZX-7 down on the weekends and ride with buddy Mike Salter. I know there are alot of punks on bikes there.

Think of it like this, if it wasn't the most dominant motorcycle every to stalk the streets. Then why is he even talking about it. I don't sit there and say "yeah that Ninja 250 is fast in the corners I guess, but with equal riders I could follow him through the B.K. drive-through". When your on top all others compare to you. When your number one those that don't measure up will make comments.

It comes with the territory. Its hard being humble. But in the end, they'll see that every bike is awesome in its own way from sportbike to yes, the Hodaka Wombat.

FATJAP

Hey guys!  I grew up in Tampa(riverview actually) and when I was stationed in Jacksonville I would ride my ZX-7 down on the weekends and ride with buddy Mike Salter.  I know there are alot of punks on bikes there.

Think of it like this, if it wasn't the most dominant motorcycle every to stalk the streets.  Then why is he even talking about it.  I don't sit there and say "yeah that Ninja 250 is fast in the corners I guess, but with equal riders I could follow him through the B.K. drive-through".  When your on top all others compare to you.  When your number one those that don't measure up will make comments.

It comes with the territory.  Its hard being humble.  But in the end, they'll see that every bike is awesome in its own way from sportbike to yes, the Hodaka Wombat.

FATJAP
Well said FatJap!! EVERY sportbike has it place that it excels in. The busa is not the best track bike in the world at least for road courses. (Sorry guys) I love the busa hell I still go in the garage and sit on FatJaps!
biggrin.gif
Just know that 750's and 600's can out run the bike on a road course. Just the nature of the best. The biggest factor to all this is the rider. All riders are not equal so the bike for the most part won't make the biggest difference on the street. Be safe and enjoy your choice of steeds. The Busa is "King" and we all know this.

Marc "Howlin Mad"

OK last night MikeyUSF, his lovely wife, and myself hooked up and went to a local bike hangout.  Now it was pretty cool, just a gathering of people united under a sportbike flag.  Did my heart some good, there were white, black, and brown folks all just hanging out BSing, it was cool...Even some dude on like a Triumph with a sidecar rolled in... There were probably about 5 Busa's altogether.

OK the stupid part was listening to a couple of guys parked near Mike and I.  One with a new CBR600RR, and the other on a Ducati 748.  His quote, (I don't think they knew I could hear them) "yeah but if you put equal riders on the Ducati and that thing the Ducati will run rings around it..." His lil buddy grunting in agreement..."because you cannot really use all the power of those things and they don't handle.."  I turned and eyeballed the two of them, they sorta looked a little surprised.  But they were both standing there in their shorts and t-shirts with kinda sheepish looks on their faces (MY SQUID RADAR WAS GOING OFF) so I didn't pursue the issue but man...I get tired of hearing this crap...  

If you are on a stock busa at a tight road course, he may well have a point.  But on the streets in real world twisties I have never ridden anything that can exit corners harder than the Busa, that is as stable, and we all know about what happens when the road straightens...  I dunno I imagine you could wear yourself out proving these folks wrong, I imagine it's not worth it...  If you hate the way the busa looks I can accept that, if you hate Suzuki's I can deal with that, but to claim hatred of the Busa because it is not a good sportbike...I don't think so...

I like to think of it as standard old, people hate what they fear, they are intimidated by or had their ass handed to them by a Busa so it's better to just bash away...

Thanks for listening to me rant...
Always worth a laugh. I still get baby Ninjas (9's) calling me out when they read my tank avitar. I usually tell them to study what they are looking at before they call out someone. Afre which i tell them i will give them a 4/10 of a mile head start, that usually cools them down a bit.

A couple of months ago I got smoked by a Busa while riding Mullhuland Hwy from the coast. Granted, I wasn't going very fast (road conditions suck up there, not to mention my 19 year old bike not being the best handler out there!) but this guy blew by me, in a turn, and all I saw was the distinctive tail end going away fast, on a technical road. I talked with him and another Busa rider at the Rock Store, and they both said the same thing...Busas handle like dreams...best bikes they've ever had, yadda yadda yadda...These conversations, and the experience of getting smoked in the turns completely changed my mind about my next bike purchase.

A couple of months ago I got smoked by a Busa while riding Mullhuland Hwy from the coast. Granted, I wasn't going very fast (road conditions suck up there, not to mention my 19 year old bike not being the best handler out there!) but this guy blew by me, in a turn, and all I saw was the distinctive tail end going away fast, on a technical road. I talked with him and another Busa rider at the Rock Store, and they both said the same thing...Busas handle like dreams...best bikes they've ever had, yadda yadda yadda...These conversations, and the experience of getting smoked in the turns completely changed my mind about my next bike purchase.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh you will make a fine SHADOW rider.

Bottom line that's it...

Funny thing is have a comparo lying right next to me between all 600 ricers ... I mean racers ... and the new duc 749s or whatever it's called ... Anyway: that duc CANNOT keep up with an R6, ZX6R, CBR600RR or GSX-R600. Not in acceleration (all 600's did high tens on the quarter mile - the duc did a low eleven), not in handling, not in top speed, not in nothing. They claimed it to be more of a sports/touring bike, because of it's low end torque, wich was superiour to the 600's ... Well la di da ... If your gonna spend that much cash on a bike because of it's "low end torque" there are MANY choices who will beat the crap out of that little "duck" for a whole lot less money ...

Back