Stuck in a funk...whats wrong w/me?

If you want to keep your friends your friends, and your family your family, don't loan them money and for SURE, don't co-sign for them. Very very very strange.

Also, it's rare that you ever really help someone by GIVING them things, especially money or high-dollar items. Usually, it just causes them to be soft and even more irresponsible and it doesn't usually help, long-term.

Y'know, there are always exceptions but generally, that's the rulez, man.

Hope you aren't too mangled by the money loss. Give your honey a hug for me!

--Wag--

(Still interested in that whip. Video would be nice.
biggrin.gif
)

drink some hooch.... you'll feel all good!

PS... RED FLAG... how many OARs did she have?

big diesel you could always light her on fire the next time you run into her im sure that would make you feel a hell of alot better lol.
firedevil.gif
nah dude.. i had a similar experience it F'ed my credit up for some time and i finally got my **** back on track the only people i would cosign for is my kids and wife period. I mean unless it was a life threatning situation where they needed something which i dont see anything llife threatning needing credit.

Sorry Scott, some people are scum bags. Should have purchased a used ford ltd, 4 door. Paid cash, 300 bucks, here ya go. May not be what she wanted but it would have been transportation. Just from what I time I spent with you at the bash, I know you have a good heart, but dont let people take advantage of you.

You have 2 choices....

1.) Stay mad or.....

2.) Let it go (which is gonna be hard). Is this low life worth the time you have spent being angry? I think not.

Chalk it up to a very expensive learning lesson and move on. These sorta lumps are hard to take but we all go through something like this one time or another in our life.

Sorry you got burned by a supposed friend.

You have 2 choices....

1.) Stay mad or.....

2.) Let it go (which is gonna be hard). Is this low life worth the time you have spent being angry? I think not.

Chalk it up to a very expensive learning lesson and move on. These sorta lumps are hard to take but we all go through something like this one time or another in our life.

Sorry you got burned by a supposed friend.
As frustrating as all of this is, I agree with Dawn on this one...

I've learned the hard way that you can't ever really help out family/friends with financial situations without the understanding that you will likely never see that money again...sad fact of life, but that's just how it goes
sad.gif

I'm sorry for both you and Amy; you tried doing the right thing and got burned...unfortunately, that's usually the case
sad.gif

This too will pass...focus on something fun
winkold.gif

sad.gif

I think we all have been there in one way or another...

It's a expensive lesson to learn. When ever you "loan" money to anyone, consider it gone and don't expect it back, so don't loan more than you can afford to lose and don't expect to get it back. And if you happen to get it back, consider yourself lucky.

Life it too short to hold a grudge. She is the one that has to live with herself, you did a good deed and it didn't work out, so celebrate just being in the position to be able to help others...

That sucks. I live by the theory that I'm not lending money. I'm giving money. Therefore, I don't do that very often. This sounds horrible, but I don't know that I'd even cosign for my kids. It'd take lots of convincing.

But listen to Dawn and Michelle - you gotta let it go. No matter how hard it is.

drink some hooch.... you'll feel all good!

PS... RED FLAG... how many OARs did she have?
you aint guna believe this...EIGHT citations already for OAR, and she was only 22 years old at the time of #8!!!

Im not guna try n be high-n-mighty about it, I myself have been ISSUED citations for OAR on 4 separate occaisions; however, I have ZERO charges on my driving record for OAR-all have been wiped because I learned very fast how to play with our traffic law system here in Milw
whistling.gif
   that, and I drive like an @zzhat...
banghead.gif

i would cosign for fam. IF i knew they really needed it and I trusted them responsibly. But the only fam. members I trust dont need cosigning
winkold.gif
go figure
actually family is the worst to sign or loan money too... sort of like having relatives working for you..

Just a shame when you help someone out and they bite you for it..

I have over the years found a few things to be true..

Loaning money for "luxury" items or "toys" almost always ends in "fail".. (as well as loaning money so someone can pay of another loan)

Loaning money to family members usually promotes hard feelings no matter your intentions

Loaning money to dancers nets the best return on your investment
whistling.gif

hang in there, things will get better. you are an honest, loyal guy, and expect others to be the same, just not always the case. If i loan money, i just assume it is a gift, and if I get it back it is a bonus

What is OAR?

Sorry about the troubles BigD, it sucks when some lowlife piece of sh1t does stuff like that.
Have faith though, there are a lot of really great people out there.

Sucks to have to be careful when picking friends, huh? Been there......

i would cosign for fam. IF i knew they really needed it and I trusted them responsibly. But the only fam. members I trust dont need cosigning
winkold.gif
 go figure
actually family is the worst to sign or loan money too...  sort of like having relatives working for you..

Just a shame when you help someone out and they bite you for it..

I have over the years found a few things to be true..

Loaning money for "luxury" items or "toys"  almost always ends in "fail"..  (as well as loaning money so someone can pay of another loan)

Loaning money to family members usually promotes hard feelings no matter  your intentions

Loaning money to dancers nets the best return on your investment  
whistling.gif
umm...that kinda WUZ the situation
banghead.gif

If your really feeling that down BigD, I am sure that 99'busa would be happy to drive up to Milwaukee and give you a hug. According to local Law Enforcement, he gives great hugs...
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Hnag in there BigD! Congrats on the new ride bro, take a spin on the Busa and let your worries melt bro...

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

It's hard Big D. You never know who to trust. It's taken me 6 months to start sorta trusting a friend of mine here. I have only a few life longs and they are held on to pretty tightly...

Hope your shid settles down soon bro... Something that has always worked well for me though is to simply move. Find a better place to live for awhile, clean start and all of that makes a huge difference.

Back