Stuck clutch - stiff - wont engage after short winter storage help please.

Madmick

Registered
Hey ya all,

2008 Busa and I ride it fairly all year in the north of the UK. I last rode it a few weeks back before the snow hit and it was fine.

This week I got the bike out again post the snow and ice and went to start it. The clutch lever was very stiff but the bike started no problems.

I then went to put it in first, again the lever was stiff, the gear moved down to first but when I let go of the lever the gear didnt engage.

Today I took the fairing off and had a go at seeing if I could free it. When the bike isnt running I can pop it through the gears, when I roll the bike back and forward it just locks up and there is no travel or turn of the engine. If I run the bike then I can put it into any gear but nothing engages.

Tomorrow I am about to pull apart and strip the clutch plates as I assume that either the plates are knackered or the springs or something but thought I would ask here first.

I found a number of posts about stuck plates and soft clutch but nothing about stiff clutch so just wanted to check.

Erb, basically standard Busa, Yuko exausts is all. Only other thing is also during last year I had a knocking coming from the clutch. I popped it in the lads that sort most of my bike bits out that I dont want to do (the clutch is one of them realy) and when they pulled it apart they found a lose nut on one of the springs. That was sorted and it has done probably about 5Kmiles since but thought I would at least mention it.

Any help greatful cheers,

Mick,

OK this mornings update. I popped the cover off the clutch and found the most weird thing. The out most clutch disk was sitting on top of the basket - hense the problem as above. Simple to fix though as I was able just to depress the lever, spin the disk to match the basket hole and alls good.

My only concern now is how on the hell did it happen? I know I took the bike out and no problems, I have then just stored it for a couple of weeks so it seems a really weird thiung that it could actually do that. Any thoughts? If not I'll just keep an eye on it.

Cheers,

Mick.

Back