struggling today..

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
I knew there were going to be days like this....

Diana has been off all her thyroid replacements for over a week now in prep for treatment and is an emotional wreck.  She ended up staying home today because she just wasn't up to dealing with people.  Part of her job is documenting process and creating training materials so her office has no problem with her working from home.

My older two kids know everything but because of the challenges my youngest has, we only told him mom is sick.  Last night my oldest asked Diana in front of the youngest when is she goes for radiation.  When we tried to redirect the conversation, she said oh, sorry...when do you start glowing?  Now my youngest is freaked out.  I got a call from his teacher that he was in class crying.  Diana is home crying.  My daughter is pouting because she got yelled at and I have no clue what to do.

Sorry for the  
rant.gif
, just feeling way in over my head today.

I wish the best for you. Some times can be very trying. Just push forward.

Thanks guys.
bowdown.gif

I know that we will get through this and the prognosis is nothing but good. Some times it's just hard to get through the day, and this is one of them. Diana is also my best friend and usually share everything with her but can't with this, so you guys got to listen, sorry.

Thanks guys.  
bowdown.gif

I know that we will get through this and the prognosis is nothing but good.  Some times it's just hard to get through the day, and this is one of them.  Diana is also my best friend and usually share everything with her but can't with this, so you guys got to listen, sorry.
hello.gif
thats what we're here for
thumb_up.gif

And maybe something w/ hayabusas too
sadnews.gif

Hey Dan, just a few hours down the road bro. Let me know if you need anything. Prayin for you and your family!!

super.gif
AM -->
Gunnybusa @ Feb. 27 2008 said:
1311986[/ATTACH] AM]
hugs lots of hugs
+1    might be time to sit down with the kids and reassure them huh?   see what they want to know?   can not even guess how hard this must be with family....  Would imagine everyone is scared huh?

Prayers are with you!
+2 Dan,your in our prayors,,things will work out.
If you need anything,just give me a call.

super.gif

Dan, I am sorry about this. If you can, go get your youngest and go home. Talk to him and be honest about what is going on with Diana. I promise you that they will feel better. If you son is in class crying, his day is shot anyway. Go get him, reassure him, and tell him what is going on. He may feel excluded. I have 4 kids of my own, and I have not really been able to fool them. They are smarter than you think.

Dan go for a ride Bro some times that is all it takes to clear the brain and come home with a clear head and push through the issues at hand as Gunny said Hugs and like others have said as well you have my number if you need a listening ear
beerchug.gif

Thanks again for the support, it really does mean more than can be explained.

The reason we didn't explain everything to the youngest is he is mildly autistic and we were afraid that it would scare him worse.  Sometimes things that we think will really upset him have no effect and other times little bitty things devistate him.

Good luck and prayers sent. I hope everything turns out the way you and the family wish for.

Dan, I am sorry about this. If you can, go get your youngest and go home. Talk to him and be honest about what is going on with Diana. I promise you that they will feel better. If you son is in class crying, his day is shot anyway. Go get him, reassure him, and tell him what is going on. He may feel excluded. I have 4 kids of my own, and I have not really been able to fool them. They are smarter than you think.
+1 well said James..
bowdown.gif

In the meantime prayers said..

One thing at a time Bro. you'll feel the progress and it won't seem like its all piling up at once.

This group is a great listening post.

Best to you.

Back