Stripped wheels

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
Since I was a home all weekend and could not ride I spent some of the time in the garage and finally stripped and polished both wheels. I think they are much better than the OEM black. Kinda gives the bike a little more contrast. IMHO.

David

DSC02171.JPG

Glad you have gotten yours done.
I have mine stripped but not sanded or polished yet.
I think it looks great.Have not had a lot of time to work on them so far but they will bee done before spring is here.

How did you do the front's?
I was going to start the bike and a let the motor turn the back wheel.

Looks great.:)

That looks nice Bro, what did you use to strip em down like that? Inquiring minds would like to know
biggrin.gif

Careful with washing them now..... If you let water spot up on em'......Beaaaach to get clean again.
smile.gif

Careful with washing them now.....  If you let water spot up on em'......Beaaaach to get clean again.  
smile.gif
Put a coat of this stuff and you will have no problems. It cleans, polishes and seals better than anything I have ever seen or used. It's called Bom's away. I'll try to find the link for you. They also have a total bike cleaner and polish that is incredible. It's called BOM.

David

DSC02182.JPG

i did mine on the 05 too. i used tal-strip, found it at checkers auto. it took one application and no more than 15 min per wheel. i did tape off my whells and tires so i would get perfect lines. i used a wooden paint stick for the lips by the tires, worked great. then i used 400,600,800,800wet,1000 wet, 1200wet, 1500 wet then 2000 wet. then finished it of with a medium compound. rinsed off then polished with mothers. ppl asked where i found 2 tone chrome wheels at..lol. big hint when polishing the rear put it on the stand in second gear, goes alot quicker

David - I own the same year you have. I think you're right; the polished looks nice! I'm curious how you managed to cut a clean line between the black and polished area, and what you used to do it? I may end up doing the exact same thing on mine.

Nice looking bike, I used mothers to polish my old wheels to and it works great.

I wish you hadn't posted that.

I've been thinking of something like that for a long time, and yours looks GOOD.

Seems like a lot of work to polish 'em though
rock.gif

Back