stripped hex bolt

zbusa

Registered
I managed to strip the hex nut that holds the front seat. Any suggestions for how to remove it now?? Thanks for any help.
iamwithstupid.gif

go to the auto parts store and buy a set of easy outs.  It will take you about two seconds to remove the bolt.

any idea what size the front seat bolt is?
The through the frame seat bolt is a specialized bolt , it is Metric 8mm x 1.25mm pitch , it is 55mm from head base to end tip , 27mm roughly is the thread length and the rest is a reduced shaft slightly less than 6mm . This pic is not good , but you get the idea . This one is custom titanium , easiest to order steel stocker from Suzuki . Some aluminum examples can be found on evilbay , I think Ball Z may have these .
DSCF1384.JPG

for years... I left those hexs off the bike... easy access to the battery... for some reason I seem to have issues that require removing the seat.

for years... I left those hexs off the bike... easy access to the battery... for some reason I seem to have issues that require removing the seat.

last time I did that.. I was trailering to the track, hit a bump and watched my seat bounce down the road. then get runover

Back