Stretching a 2013 Busa?

ShaunT

Registered
Just put extensions on my bike last night and got to the part where you free up more brake line to move the caliper and didnt think anything about the stupid abs system. Has anyone done this yet or know what i have to do to move the caliper? Do i just have to run a straight line from the master cylinder to the caliper and ditch the abs? Thanks!

Ive been riding for a long time and none of the bikes had abs and im still alive plus every now and then i like to lock up the rear brake at a stop light and scare the cars beside me :) but besides that if there is a way to keep the abs i would but i dont think they sell an extended abs sensor or special extended brake lines for the abs system thats why im asking?

I had put extensions on my 06 but have heard several horror stories so I opted to get a fully extended swingarm from kustomcyklesdesigns to my length I wanted which includes underbracing and bearings installed. Most shops don't include bearings. I paid $400 for this. A friend with an R1 stretched same way decided to do this as well and ordered from same place and thing is, he didnt know I was doing this and connected with same company. I had to bend the aluminum bar that came with my extensions to fit to where the spools mounted and cut the bar shorter and redrill a hole and part i had to cut off, I bent in a 1/4 circle and drilled hole to mount stock license plate bracket. Its solid as can be. BTW, this solid swingarm I ordered will be able to use the stock brake bar. This is on ebay and you can make a best offer as well.
The brake hose will need to be longer on extending. I am not sure of the abs part mentioned. I had replaced my rear line with a longer one and as well replaced the front with stainless lines too. sorry for the book. good luck.

I am also in the process of having everything made to go with my McIntosh swing arm on my 2013 busa. sent the junction box and line to spiegler performance. and have a extended abs sensor line made. Its a huge pain, but I should have everything back Tuesday. I'll post some pictures of how it works out.

I just bought some spare parts from BoulevardSuzuki.com, Discount Motorcycle & ATV Parts & Accessories, Suzuki, Yamaha, Arctic Cat Parts & Accessories, lowest prices in the U.S. for cheap too. don't know if anyone has ever used them. good price, shipping eh. but I know how ups works so seems legit.

If someone could send me a few pics up close of the plug, I can make extended abs looms using oem type connectors. Or if anyone in the Houston area has a 13, I will build the harness for free for letting us use they're bike.

Did you get your extensions put on and brake line? I was wondering because I ordered mine which will be here tomorrow. In the meantime I wanted to see how difficult it would be to take the old line off and install the new extended brake line. How does that work without having the rear brake reservoir? It goes from a standard brake hose to a thin line that goes to the ABS pump. I guess I'll find out tomorrow once my line comes in, I'm curious on how the new line looks now. Let me know how you did yours?

You are probably done with your stretch on the '13, but here is what you need. Just bought a white '13 and ordered the brake line waiting for it to come in.

SUZUKI HAYABUSA (2013) STAINLESS STEEL REAR BRAKE LINE

Did you get yours extended? If so post some pictures.

Just put extensions on my bike last night and got to the part where you free up more brake line to move the caliper and didnt think anything about the stupid abs system. Has anyone done this yet or know what i have to do to move the caliper? Do i just have to run a straight line from the master cylinder to the caliper and ditch the abs? Thanks!

I just recieved my brake line from coremoto.com for my 2013 Hayabusa w/ABS the line quality is awesome! The way it works is that it screws into the ABS pump and then to the rear caliper. Here's a few pictures of the Coremoto line. Also the cool thing about extending your 2013 busa is that the ABS electronic line, you have extra line under the tank that you can use to extend it. I'll be putting everything together tonight and still have full function of my ABS. Thanks CoreMoto!

Contact Luke at Core Moto.....he already has the solution with a new brake line!!!:thumbsup:

20140213_103132.jpg

20140213_103249.jpg

20140213_103313.jpg

Back