STRETCHED BUSA breaks Chain

Bowratt

Registered
O.K. Busaologist,

Who makes the strongest chain? My Part--ner stretched
his busa 4 inches and switched out pistons etc. But
everytime he gas it the chain breaks! So, let the ideas come in, ASAP, because his threatning to get rid of it and then I want have a excuse to go riding for my Commander in Chief.

every time when he rides it the chain snaps? i would say that his rear tire is not aligned right, my marks on my extended swingarm is not correct. the best way is to check it from the center of the front tire to the center of the rear tire, measure both side & that will tell you if the tire is lgned up or not. also make sure you give some slack in the chain.

good lawd that bike has some serious sack
wow.gif

Finally someone with the same problem as me !!!!!! I broke 8 or 10 chains on a barely modified 00, 01, and 02 busa. 3 different bikes!!! everyone kept telling me something was bent, worn, crooked... all kinds of things. It took about $20,000 YES $20,000 in repairs and damages, and 3 bikes. I bet you do rolling burnouts right? I used to go about 50 to 80 mph. fan the clutch, and hammer the throttle. I would do a 1/2 mile burnout all through the gears. Finally someone told me to try stopping the burnouts. I did, for three weeks. Never even had to tighten the chain once. I did one fast burnout, and sure enough the chain was so loose it was skipping teeth while wheelying. I tightenned it and stopped burning out for a couple more weeks. Then after one more test burnout, after checking the chain tension, sure enough it was loose as hell again. From reving the engine so high, and slamming the clutch, it's so much tourque even an EK GOLD chain (made for the busa) would break within 500 miles. trust me I broke them over and over. three stock chains, and 5 EK GOLD chains. Hope thats some help, it took me quite a while to figure out. But it was definately the cause of all my problems. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Back