Stressed out.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Ever get stressed completely out with your bike to the point that you get a pounding headache?  That was me today.  I went to have my Busa dyno'd with the 1397 and things went wrong.  

It seems to start and run fine, but the more it warms up the worse the problem gets.  

When you do a pull on the dyno, it starts to rev up then at around 4500 it develops a bad stumble. It'll rev through that but then it seems to have a false rev limiter at 9500.  The bike is just not making any HP like it should.
I'm sooo stressed right now and the closer i walk towards the bike, the more my headache flares up.

The tuner said he thinks it's all ignition related and to check the stator and the other parts around there.
He did like 6-9pulls and the HP just kept going lower and lower. The baseline hp was 181.
This tuner knows his stuff, so that's not the problem.

Any opinions would help.

Thanks guys.

Ignition is a likely culprit, even when you think nothing has changed with it, something may have given up...

Is there a fuel pressure gauge you can monitor the FP, make sure theres no issue with that?

And last would be valve timing, I imagine with a new 1397, the chains good and that it would be degree'd when installed?

This engine isn't new. It was running fine a month ago in my friends bike.

One thing is that i didn't swap my case covers over, a friend of mine did it. Maybe there's some crushed wires somewhere.

Sorry for the assumption. Yeah, if you didn't swap the cases definately get in there and check it out. I hate when I have someone helping me do something and things are messed up...its like you want to think the best of their work, but really when it comes down it, check it if you didn't do, and check if its questionable..

lurk.gif
good luck dude
super.gif

My dad had a problem similar sounding with his harley, i looked at the gas gauge and it was below E so i filled it up and it ran perfect. hahaha after all the checks i did i about shot my self in the foot because it was an hour fix to pull the gas gauge up. but i doubt thats your problem hahaha im sure either you or the tuner woulda cought that.

Back