Stressed out!

magus

Registered
My job Is killin me with BS politics. everyday someone looking to stick it to ya to move ahead in brown nosing war.. throught the week I crawl out of bed and slowly get ready I ussually vomit from anxity. deal with aholes all day doing a thankless job in which no matter wich of the 20 projects you work on its allways the wrong one my face and eye twitch constantly grrrr.

on weekends (when not oncall) I hopp outa bed refreshed and ready to do stuff weather it be work on the bike or help a friend shovel horse poop it dosnt matter.
I cant afford to quite but would honestly be relieved if I got fired.
I'm friggin 27 yrs old my hair is turning white and my blood pressure is hight than my dads was before 2 bypasses.
stress is just really getting to me and I needed to vent!
job sucks
engine in new dodge blew
wrecked my bike at the track
last girl friend robbed me (yea wtf)

MAN YOU COULD WRITE COUNTRY SONGS FOR A LIVIN NOW HAHAAH MAN THAT SUCKS DUDE SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU KNOW JUST LIVE DAY BY DAY GIVE UP THE ARSE KISSIN AND LEAVE THAT FOR THE PROFESSIONALS

If work is that stressful, I'd say anything is better than that...27 is too young to be that stressed out over work...
sad.gif

Is the work stuff just a passing thing or is that every day, year round stress? Time to start fixing up that resume...

Sorry about the bike
sad.gif
and the Dodge...at least she's an ex girlfriend...man, I'm feeling stressed now too!
wink.gif

sad.gif

I'm sorry to hear this. It's definitely time to job search. Your health is way more important.

(VaBusa @ Sep. 22 2006,07:57) If work is that stressful, I'd say anything is better than that...27 is too young to be that stressed out over work...
sad.gif

Is the work stuff just a passing thing or is that every day, year round stress?  Time to start fixing up that resume...

Sorry about the bike
sad.gif
 and the Dodge...at least she's an ex girlfriend...man, I'm feeling stressed now too!  
wink.gif
It's been year round since we got a new cfo he has many ppl stressed lots have quite or been fired. many filed complaints but politics rule.

sorry to rant but sometimes it help to know someone listens.

I hope to start my own biz, but my ex left me 20grand in the hole I got 7 more to go before I can get outa here

sad.gif

NO I SAID LEAVE THE ARSE KISSIN UP TO OTHERS SORRY IF IT IT CAME OUT WRONG I WAS ALWAYS TAUGHT NEVER KISS ARSE SO

(magus @ Sep. 22 2006,11:01)
(VaBusa @ Sep. 22 2006,07:57) If work is that stressful, I'd say anything is better than that...27 is too young to be that stressed out over work...
sad.gif

Is the work stuff just a passing thing or is that every day, year round stress?  Time to start fixing up that resume...

Sorry about the bike
sad.gif
wink.gif
It's been year round since we got a new cfo he has many ppl stressed lots have quite or been fired.  many filed complaints but politics rule.

sorry to rant but sometimes it help to know someone listens.

I hope to start my own biz, but my ex left me 20grand in the hole I got 7 more to go before I can get outa here
I think we've all been there...taking the work home with you, not being able to walk away from the day-to-day stress from work...

If you can ride it out in the hopes of things getting better, and if you think the job is worth that, then I say learn some skills to leave work at work...

If you can't do that, and it is very difficult, I would consider getting your resume out and finding something less stressful, even if it's short term...

Best of luck with getting your own business off the ground...and I am sorry to hear the ex left you in the hole
sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Ya know...a trip to the Dr. might give you some welbutran or some other stress relief medicine.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Get that resume out to employers. I bet that alone will lift some of the stress. Just knowing you are in the process of getting out of there will help. Just remember, every workplace has politics, some worse (obviously) than others!

With your family cardiac history, you are well advised to keep those stress levels down to a minimun, my friend.

I know how you feel. We had an ownership change this spring, and with the exception of two others, I'm the last one in the company who was working there when the change occured. I guess I'm either the smart one or the dumb one, time will tell. When the new owner came in , he came from a competitor that we a$$ kicked every month, and he treated us like we knew nothing! The rest hard a hard time dealing with that but I just try to do my job and mind my business. Wish I could tell you there is a job for you out there with no stress, but I havn't found it yet.

I have three broken teeth from stress, have been taking Zoloft for almost a year to cope with anxiety, and I still can't sleep through the night. I am always jumpy and nervous, short tempered and distracted. I feel your pain, I know what job stress is like.

guns.gif
SHOCKED.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

Of course, mine came from spending a year in Iraq dodging rockets and mortar rounds.
all_coholic.gif

guns.gif

Sorry to hear about all that stress and anger....

A questions for ya:

Do you live to work or work to live?
Think about it... if you live to work, well find a new job that you enjoy cause that is what you are about. If you work to live, does it matter what happens at work? The paycheck is still coming in, you can leave work at work, and again if you don't like the job move on.

I work in a very stressful job at this time, but I work to live. On my days off I don't even talk or even think about work. I go there for 12 hours a day and when I leave, I leave. Found it wasn't worth worrying about unless I was there doing it. The threat of layoffs as been hanging over our heads for about 6 months now, I don't have any control over it so why worry about it... so I don't. If it happens I can always wash dishes or something to make the bill payments.
Work is work, but Life is well... what we do when we are not working. I suggest if you are living to work that you look at it differently and work to live.

Coworkers are not Friends and some will never be Friends... work is a game and the object of that game is to win. If your coworkers are back stabbing, kiss a$$ little wimps... step up and call them on their little game. Politics are always being played, but you can change the rules as well as anyone else. Remember work is something that provides money to pay bills and enjoy life, not something to live and recover from on the weeknds.

good luck with your decisions and work environment....

biggrin.gif
Much happier now that I am home safe and sound.
biggrin.gif

Being around family and loved ones makes all the difference in the world. I have a teriffic wife and seven great children that make my life a joy. Ohh, I also ride a Busa!!!
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm in Iraq...if it makes you feel any better. My girl is at home...with my hotrod, bike, booze, weed...and everthing else in life I enjoy. It could always be worse brother, keep your head up!
beerchug.gif

You are in South Carolina head to Myrtle and spend a few days on the beach.

My recomendation is to take a nice long relaxing vacation and leave it all behind.

Yes I know it costs money but thats what credit cards are for.

You are in driving distance of florida catch a cruise and live it up then come back refreshed.

Have you reached out to the org for bike parts? whats the status on that.

Let you brothers help you up!!

HB

(rlbowers3 @ Sep. 23 2006,15:28)
biggrin.gif
 Much happier now that I am home safe and sound.  
biggrin.gif

Being around family and loved ones makes all the difference in the world.  I have a teriffic wife and seven great children that make my life a joy.  Ohh, I also ride a Busa!!!
laugh.gif
SEVEN KIDS?!!!!!
wow.gif
Just the thought of it makes me wanna run!
race.gif

biggrin.gif

i feel your pain...i had a job just like that...i sat down and figured out where i needed to be to walk away...having that goal and knowing it wasn't going to last forever helped a lot...it was a five year odyssey but i made it and i requested a demotion a couple months ago...it still isn't stress free but i am sssooooo much happier (not on call all the time and i went from salaried to hourly so i can leave it there when i clock out!)...my blood pressure is back to normal and my long-time friends say i'm a lot more like i used to be...is it worth the pay cut? YOU BET! i wish you the best at finding your way, but most importantly, i hope you can find your peace

Back