StreetShark's Hayabusa

We had storms for the last few days

XeaI6qs.jpg

bpPcAj5.jpg

JiKCRUv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, added some vinyl to the 600. This bike had a large rust spot just behind the cap, and the previous owner put a "tank grip" that was made of a cut sheet of magnet material there to cover it up. I just sanded down the edges of where the paint was chipped and rust was showing and covered with this carbon vinyl I got off ebay. Then I ran a red pinstripe along it. Also notice (it's a bit hard to see in these photos) I ran black door edge trim along the edge of the tank. I did this on my 750 and thought it looked nice. It really cleans up a tank nicely in my opinion.

FM7vqnd.jpg

hAynjaz.jpg

Just a quick shot down the street after washing my bike this afternoon

CUtAjzC.jpg

And I don't think I have mentioned anything about the cafe bike I'm currently working on, but here's a pic of something I've been fooling around with for it. I put a '97 750 front end on it and for the indicator lights (turn, N, and Hi Beam) I drilled and tapped some holes in the upper clamp. I picked up some LED holders from my local Radioshack and I'll be wiring up some indicators. I think it should look pretty cool when it's all done.

7n8QTd0.jpg

Here's the general idea of what the bike will be

QlczuOg.jpg

I'll post some more photos of the bike as a whole in the near future here :)

Washed up the Busa for a small get together today

EDIT: Oh and my dad and I are buying the old house in the background in these photos and the 4 lots that go along with it so we can have a shop/garage to store all of our toys. I've been parking all of my vehicles in the gravel for the past 2 years since buying this house almost and it's finally time to get a nice space going.

VIjPmwp.jpg

8z6z22r.jpg

Also, here are some updates on the GS that I have not been posting since I didn't have any Busa content to go along with it

How the clamp looks on the forks

OENqwEL.jpg

I bought myself a bender and a welder and made the hoop finally

iByFAD7.jpg

yvERSEd.jpg

w8IdMku.jpg

kTbSqZz.jpg

And I found out the expensive headlight brackets I bought do not fit with my small headlight so I mocked up some spacers to get the feel of it, but I will be replacing them with some machined pieces I designed in CAD

NTBTN8R.jpg

6XZRfUm.png

and that's about it for now. The plan is to start on the electronics tray and do the seat/tail next.

Last edited:
Great photos and work on the GS. Saving the house and the lots has got to be a good feeling.

Great photos and work on the GS. Saving the house and the lots has got to be a good feeling.

Oh I guess I didn't really go into detail on that. We aren't saving the house. It's falling apart. We're going to let the local PD use it as a practice burn and then were going to dig out the hill side and build a large garage level with the road.

Oh I guess I didn't really go into detail on that. We aren't saving the house. It's falling apart. We're going to let the local PD use it as a practice burn and then were going to dig out the hill side and build a large garage level with the road.
Still probably a good thing.

Replaced some bolts today. @202mphbusa sent me a light tank bolt and spacer and it looked amazing.

PyzSFhw.jpg

I weighed the OEM combo and compared against the new one. 1.75oz vs .70oz. Not too shabby.

TkpjHvw.jpg

3TT29pj.jpg

and then I replaced the bolts in the side fairings, tail, front fender, and the upper tank bolts with some countersunk hardware from ProBolt.

08qfcAu.jpg
Do you need some titanium to help feed your lightweight addiction?
I know a guy....

Do you need some titanium to help feed your lightweight addiction?
I know a guy....

Some parts I will need in titanium yeah. I’m going to be getting into some carbon stuff this coming year as well. I’m going to play around with making some parts for my 750 first and then I might move on to the Busa. I have other mods in mind this year that are more pressing though.

Some parts I will need in titanium yeah. I’m going to be getting into some carbon stuff this coming year as well. I’m going to play around with making some parts for my 750 first and then I might move on to the Busa. I have other mods in mind this year that are more pressing though.
My guy will likely give you first hit for free..... @c10 he's in need of your product..

• Haha
Reactions: c10
Back