StreetShark's Hayabusa

1560159040818.png

Just starting a thread to post photos/mods as I work on them.

Picked up my Busa in July 2019.

Current mods list:
Power Commander V
Brock's full exhaust
Roaring Toyz swingarm extensions
Puig windscreen

View attachment 1593792

View attachment 1593793

View attachment 1593794

View attachment 1593795

View attachment 1593796

View attachment 1593797

View attachment 1593798
Can't tell if that was fork oil on the front rotor rim & tire? Know pic was a while ago just didn't catch it the 1st time around pretty pictures and all.

I'm not about to make a new thread for this and get flamed for not searching (I can't get the search feature on these forums to really work for me), but I've been looking into lowering my bike. I like using the Busa for it's speed in a straight line, and riding to and from work for the most part. I have the GSX-R for twisty riding. I've seen that most of the triple clamps available allow you to to lower the forks 3/4" over the top clamp. And I believe I read somewhere that ends up being like 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" maybe? I would like to go lower than that.

staticflickr.com%2F1475%2F24982917285_9251152e57_k.jpg

I'm not exactly sure how low this bike is but I follow the guy on Instagram and have loved this bike since I first saw it. Does anyone have any information to share about lowering that I need to know? Is there some special upper clamp or other mods that have to be done to achieve this height? Thanks guys

I'm not about to make a new thread for this and get flamed for not searching (I can't get the search feature on these forums to really work for me), but I've been looking into lowering my bike. I like using the Busa for it's speed in a straight line, and riding to and from work for the most part. I have the GSX-R for twisty riding. I've seen that most of the triple clamps available allow you to to lower the forks 3/4" over the top clamp. And I believe I read somewhere that ends up being like 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" maybe? I would like to go lower than that.

View attachment 1600263

I'm not exactly sure how low this bike is but I follow the guy on Instagram and have loved this bike since I first saw it. Does anyone have any information to share about lowering that I need to know? Is there some special upper clamp or other mods that have to be done to achieve this height? Thanks guys
internally lowered forks/cut forks...… a strap maybe..... but if u go that low u almost have to start looking at low profile oil pans.

Maybe look into Traction Dynamics slammers for your forks , with top bar clamp like a Brocks . The slammers I believe come in 2 heights , the lower of the 2 will possibly be best matched to a low profile sump .
The rear you get the adjustable links , and if you do run a sump mod you can add a pivot link that allows even lower at the back . Of course all this is dependent on how low you desire , but maybe even a side pipe will be required if you go too low .
I think the milder slammer drop with the bar plate swapover and adjustable links with your stock sump and current Brocks pipe should be okay I would think . Good luck bro .

Really? I saw another pic of his from the rear where it looks like 1.5-2” of forks showing above the clamp. I’ll find it here and link it.

View attachment 1600264

Am I missing something here?
let me ask u a question FIRST.... are you going to street ride this lowered bike? Because I have been down this road...……….... im just tyring to point out obstacles and issues that will pop up.... I had a low-low bike with a stock oil pan.... and about a year into riding it.... I hit a big pothole and IT HAPPENED.... I punched a hole right through the oil pan... oil everywhere... allllll over the hot exhaust and all over the back tire.... no joke...…. and one other thing I just wanna bring to light is the use of BOLT on swingarm extensions........ do some homework and read opinions about them.... just beware and monitor them often(at least I would)….. im not a fan of bolt on extensions... its a safety thing.

Last edited:
Not a Busa, but seems like you guys liked my SRAD in the other photos I posted... Here is my girlfriend's '99 600. This is her first motorcycle and she bought it for $400, and funded the rebuild, while I did the work. She bought it last July, and I just finally finished the bike up yesterday.

Here is how the bike started out

e6Y3HST.jpg

L1BtA03.jpg

All the fairings were just loosely held in place and would barely run. Lots of broken pieces.

I stripped it down and worked on everything. Cleaned everything I could get into.

rWA8Rud.jpg

Replaced the battery, tires, and chain and sprockets. Rebuilt the carbs, and the rear brake. Repaired the broken headlight, and tail light. Fixed the leaking fuel tank. Modified the exhaust to fix the major leak.

MRjjDB5.jpg

IfAPg3k.jpg

I had to mess with the bike off and on for about 3 months after this point to get it tuned and running correctly. We also picked up some NOS carbon intake tubes from a '97 750. I made some new turn signal brackets like the ones I designed for my bike originally, and used the Moto Gadget pins. New sprocket cover, clutch cable, windshield, fairing bolts, and grips.

OFJz0q9.jpg

XHtt80n.jpg

BPjp410.jpg

Nz7XMrv.jpg

44Aeluk.jpg

Were waiting on a tail tidy, and after taking the photos above I hated how the frame sliders looked. I sanded them down and cerakoted them.

Ws60WwT.jpg

I think the bike turned out awesome and we're somewhere between $1,000 and $1,200 total so not too bad! I can't wait for her to get out and put some miles on this thing!

Wish I could find a deal like that, I've missed my srad ever since I traded it in on the busa to the point im always watching for it to pop on craigslist as I know it was sold locally. I still have the original engine I pulled out when I started having the second gear problem, had 30k on it and still ran like a champ. Excellent job looks awesome, of course I understand you not going with the black and red design since it's for your girl and you don't wanna make it to fast:lol::poke:

Back