StreetShark's Hayabusa

Looks Batmobilish! :laugh:

63792D3F-4166-45C3-AC4F-4FC1DF090991.jpeg

3CCED123-6A46-4039-8062-ECDD88BF038F.jpeg

When is it getting swapped with one made of carbon?
The issue with the front is that the lip of the wheel is not flush with the rotor mounting surface so it requires an offset. I have plans to work on a solution for this but it’s not a super high priority for me. I have a swamped schedule for like almost the rest of the year so who knows when I’m going to get time.

That thing should strike fear into more than a few bike riders........wow, it looks clean and very professional.

How is the weight coming?

Are you going to set something up with the EJR crew? His Megatron and this bike would look pretty stellar sitting together....

That thing should strike fear into more than a few bike riders........wow, it looks clean and very professional.

How is the weight coming?

Are you going to set something up with the EJR crew? His Megatron and this bike would look pretty stellar sitting together....
I’m planning on trying to get a weight on it sometime this week. As far as I know I will be meeting up with EJR and BoostedCatfish and a couple of my buddies for an event in July. I haven’t discussed too much into detail with Evan about the specifics and I know he likes to match up evenly when it comes to riders but his bike is still significantly lighter than mine so I think all things considered it would be a close match up when it comes to weight of the bike + rider

The issue with the front is that the lip of the wheel is not flush with the rotor mounting surface so it requires an offset. I have plans to work on a solution for this but it’s not a super high priority for me. I have a swamped schedule for like almost the rest of the year so who knows when I’m going to get time.
Understood. Any progress on the carbon rearsets? I haven't installed the lightweight tank bracket but it's a beat!

Understood. Any progress on the carbon rearsets? I haven't installed the lightweight tank bracket but it's a beat!
I haven't done much with that either. I've been very busy with my laser work lately, plus getting some stuff together for my brother's wedding coming up in just a couple weeks. I'm working on a pretty cool project as a wedding gift for them. I really want to work on them to maybe drop a bit more weight before July but I dont know if it will happen.

Finally got my bike home so I could do some testing to get ready for July. 40T and dropping weight got the bike moving a little better. This was my very first pass this year with my bike, compared to my best pass from last year. 1.5% positive slope change and a tenth quicker. gained 3mph in the half as well compared to last year. Swapping to a 42T and 520 chain and going back out for more testing.

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8192.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

Finally got my bike home so I could do some testing to get ready for July. 40T and dropping weight got the bike moving a little better. This was my very first pass this year with my bike, compared to my best pass from last year. 1.5% positive slope change and a tenth quicker. gained 3mph in the half as well compared to last year. Swapping to a 42T and 520 chain and going back out for more testing.

View attachment 1652554

View attachment 1652555

View attachment 1652556

View attachment 1652557

View attachment 1652558
Megatron had better look out........

View attachment 1652554

View attachment 1652555

View attachment 1652556

View attachment 1652557

View attachment 1652558
Out of curiosity what 520 chain did you go with? I've thought about it but just can't bring myself to risk it when the specs are so close on the ones I've seen to what the stock busa calls for as a minimum. I'm assuming you went 520 for the lighter weight?

Out of curiosity what 520 chain did you go with? I've thought about it but just can't bring myself to risk it when the specs are so close on the ones I've seen to what the stock busa calls for as a minimum. I'm assuming you went 520 for the lighter weight?
I got the EK ZVX3. Yeah from what a couple guys showed me it saves roughly 5-8 lbs depending on length of the bike

I got the EK ZVX3. Yeah from what a couple guys showed me it saves roughly 5-8 lbs depending on length of the bike
I actually found that supersprox has their own chain but I believe they confused me well when I was looking at the weight compared to the rk chain they usually offer. It looked like the rk was quite a bit heavier but I believe they listed it in lbs. And their own chain in metric as I don't see how a chain could weigh half as much and have the tensile strength it had listed.

Screenshot_20220620-233339_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220620-232848_Chrome.jpg

Back