Streetfighter Project From Russia

Hub is ready. I hope tomorrow a test axle will be done.

uTaD9av0Z9w.jpg
W6hkpnjS690.jpg

I assume the wheels are from a solid billet of aluminum. Do you have to scoop out all that metal with a the CNC machine? Can you recycle the metal or is that basically waste? Amazing stuff.....

I assume the wheels are from a solid billet of aluminum. Do you have to scoop out all that metal with a the CNC machine? Can you recycle the metal or is that basically waste? Amazing stuff.....

No, I buy blank wheels. It's cheaper. Of course, I can make a rim out of solid billet, buy the price for such wheel is a lot bigger.

Here, the rear rim is installed. The front hubs are made on lathe, waiting for machining. Will put it in a couple of days.

gMmKeMfHhPM.jpg
UTjYPArTKUc.jpg

Are you going to machine the wheels or are you going to leave them solid? That actualle looks pretty sweet like that but I guess it's pretty heavy.

Are you doing any of the machining or just the CAD and sending out to a machine shop?

Are you going to machine the wheels or are you going to leave them solid? That actualle looks pretty sweet like that but I guess it's pretty heavy.

I have my own machine shop. 2 CNC machines, lathe, TIG weld etc. 90% of the work is done on my territory. That allows me to give a good stuff for a good price. I'm working with CAD-CAM and machinery since 2001.

Yes, there will be a cut inside the wheels. They're too heavy to stay solid in tht project. We're working on the design right now.

This is the best thread I've followed in a long time (on any forum). I check every day to see if there are new pictures.

Thank you Shishkinnick for documenting this project and sharing!

There is no interes in documenting the process if nobody is watching.

Thanks you for comments! I'll post some new pics soon - the design of the wheels is almost done, so I'll start machining them soon. That means I'll be ending the mech work soon and start working with carbon - make fenders, cowling etc.

That is looking awesome! Fantastic work!

Thanks for the update. I've been checking back often to see where the project was at. Glad to see it's progressing. Keep the pictures coming please.

Back