Streetfighter conversion need input!!!

mmawonder

Registered
Ok guys I am planning on converting an 03 silver/grey to a streetfighter. Eventhough I love the stock look much better, a crash that happened 4 months ago is kinda forcing me to go this way. I can fix my bike for about $2000 back to stock condition, since there is no frame and mechanical damage. I want to make my bike ridable without spending that kind of money.

So currently the headlight, the fairing support, both blinkers, front cowling right side cowling is broken and needs to replaced. Rear cowling , left side cowling, speedo, stock pipes and levers have scratches and broken tabs and can be repaired.

I was wondering if I could find a way to install a triumph speed triple style headlamp with the speedo to a bracket, remove all fairings except the rear one and find a solution for the visible wires, I would have a nice streetfighter that I can ride back and forth to school.

This project does not have to be really pretty, I am just looking for something functional. Currently I am riding with a split headlamp, thats beeing held together by tape and wiggles everytime I hit an imperfection on asphalt.

Any ideas?

Back