Street Stunters Suck

That vid is the epitome of stupidity...
I totally agree with you here, VA! Completely! Unfortunately, SOMEONE out there makes sure movies like JACKA$$ gross 64 MILLION dollars, so it won't get any better anytime soon
sad.gif

And I own two motorcycles right now...

I paid $9300 for the Harley, paying $147/year for full coverage...

I paid $9500 for the Busa, paying $908/year for full coverage...

Yeah, you tell me that paying for insurance on a sport bike vs. a cruiser isn't influenced by something...same driver on both bikes, same coverage, same damn driving record...
rock.gif

..last night we went "stuntin'.."

that is, 10-12 superbikes on a NON-busy street, pulling drag-strips up to 3rd gear, then back again..

..no harm done, loads-a-fun, people watching, even the COPS came and watched.. (..for a while.. ..then we had to move to another location..)

I'm sure that is NOT what you are talkin' about..

..or is it?..
sad.gif

that is, 10-12 superbikes on a NON-busy street, pulling drag-strips up to 3rd gear, then back again..

..no harm done, loads-a-fun, people watching, even the COPS came and watched..  (..for a while..   ..then we had to move to another location..)

..or is it?..    
sad.gif
I have no porblem with that form of 'Stunting', and I even encourage it. Provided:

1 - If one of you wrecks, you buy your own plastic. No insurance claims. If your insurance company knew your were doing that, they wouldn't inurace you at the same rate they insure me

2 - Nobody rides like a jacka*s between that stunting location and the next, because of the adrelaline (sp)

Does that seem fair, or closed minded?

And I own two motorcycles right now...

I paid $9300 for the Harley, paying $147/year for full coverage...

I paid $9500 for the Busa, paying $908/year for full coverage...

Yeah, you tell me that paying for insurance on a sport bike vs. a cruiser isn't influenced by something...same driver on both bikes, same coverage, same damn driving record...
rock.gif
too bad allstate doesn't write bike insurance anymore because they actually go by the price or current value of the bike instead of cc or type. i think they stop doing motorcycle insurance in my area about 4 yrs. ago. my busa cost less than my cruiser cause the cruiser has more value. i wish all companies were like that because it makes sence to charge more for something that's going to cost more to replace.

People in and on every type of transportation do stupid things. Whether it is drinking and swerving, stunting, talking on a cell phone, changing CDs, and even smoking, it all takes away from your ability to fully operate a vehicle properly and safely. Hate if you want but, analyze the things you do while operating a vehicle and see how many of those things have nothing to do with safe driving. I get mad at dangerous old ladies that pull out in front of me, young kids hanging out car windows being silly, parents smoking with the kids in the car and I have to remind myself just to try to be as safe as possible and try to not get injured by all of the idiots in the world.
tounge.gif

People in and on every type of transportation do stupid things. Whether it is drinking and swerving,  stunting, talking on a cell phone, changing CDs, and even smoking, it all takes away from your ability to fully operate a vehicle properly and safely. Hate if you want but, analyze the things you do while operating a vehicle and see how many of those things have nothing to do with safe driving. I get mad at dangerous old ladies that pull out in front of me, young kids hanging out car windows being silly, parents smoking with the kids in the car and I have to remind myself just to try to be as safe as possible and try to not get injured by all of the idiots in the world.
tounge.gif
Point well taken, however there is a MAJOR difference (legally and morally) between mere inattention (fussing with music, makeup, cell phones, your burger, etc) and wanton disregard for the lives of people around you as is the case with stunting on public roads.

Really not an apples v. apples comparo the way I see it...

Don't sound like a cager just because someone pissed you off. Stunter's are not responsible for even 10% of motorcycle claims in America...
What's a "cager" sound like?
rock.gif
Don't you own a car too?

In any case, I'd be curious to see the specific statistic you base your statement on. Where did you come by way of this information?

Oh, you just made the comment w/o emperical evidence to back it up?
http://www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/pdf/nrd-30/NCSA/RNotes/2004/809-734/index.htm

Here is just 1 link to the information you requested.
I'm not arguing with you on this one just posting the facts, not feelings.
And a cager sounds like the lady Jones in the CNN article....
I own a truck! An emperical one.

LINK

Street stunners suck. These a-holes need to go to jail, their bikes on a hook, their licenses to drive suspended for a very long time.

No wonder the insurance industry is redlining more sportbikes every year, and no wonder the national law enforcement community views everyone on a plastic ensconced motorcycle with the same critical eye.

I hate stunnas, every last one of em.

Flame if you want, but if you stunt on the street, I say you're a loser, and a danger to the sport we responsible riders cherish...
I'll through in my 2 cents.
Good driving record, no accidents, I pay $444.00 a year for full coverage on my 2003 Busa.
My best friend has same bike similar driving record and he pays $1171.00 a year.
Public info. The most common motorcycle accident is a left hand turn, (NO INTERSECTION) motorcycle crosses center line and either swerves to miss on coming traffic and goes off the road or gets hit by oncoming traffic. The #1 motorcycle accident according to insurance safety institute of America.
My friends insurance is higher because of 1 reason only. He is over 40 and more claims are filed by first time bike owners over 40 that bought a $25,000 Harley and everytime they drop it in the driveway they file a claim.
I'm not a stunter but I do ride a 185+mph bike and didn't buy it to do 55! Don't sound like a cager just because someone pissed you off. Stunter's are not responsible for even 10% of motorcycle claims in America and don't cause your rates to increase because the media has convinced you that they are all bad. Most of them drop their bike several times in a matter of  months. And they repair it themselves.
Just my 2 cents.
First of all, don't get me wrong.  I totally agree with you, except the fact that you say you are not a stunter, but you do 185
rock.gif
?  These guys had been doing wheelies, but they were only speeding and cut in front of some idiot that doesn't know how to drive and shouldn't be driving a tank, and should have been wearing their seatbelts.....but by CNN definition.  YOU ARE A STUNTER!  That is what gives us a bad name. CNN!
My post didn't say anything about me doing 185. Read it again.
Thinking like you might make us all stunters. We all have to take what the media says with a grain of salt.

LINK

Street stunners suck. These a-holes need to go to jail, their bikes on a hook, their licenses to drive suspended for a very long time.

No wonder the insurance industry is redlining more sportbikes every year, and no wonder the national law enforcement community views everyone on a plastic ensconced motorcycle with the same critical eye.

I hate stunnas, every last one of em.

Flame if you want, but if you stunt on the street, I say you're a loser, and a danger to the sport we responsible riders cherish...
I'll through in my 2 cents.
Good driving record, no accidents, I pay $444.00 a year for full coverage on my 2003 Busa.
My best friend has same bike similar driving record and he pays $1171.00 a year.
Public info. The most common motorcycle accident is a left hand turn, (NO INTERSECTION) motorcycle crosses center line and either swerves to miss on coming traffic and goes off the road or gets hit by oncoming traffic. The #1 motorcycle accident according to insurance safety institute of America.
My friends insurance is higher because of 1 reason only. He is over 40 and more claims are filed by first time bike owners over 40 that bought a $25,000 Harley and everytime they drop it in the driveway they file a claim.
I'm not a stunter but I do ride a 185+mph bike and didn't buy it to do 55! Don't sound like a cager just because someone pissed you off. Stunter's are not responsible for even 10% of motorcycle claims in America and don't cause your rates to increase because the media has convinced you that they are all bad. Most of them drop their bike several times in a matter of  months. And they repair it themselves.
Just my 2 cents.
Um I think your mistaking the left hand turn thing...  The Running wide in corner only applies to single vehicle accidents.   Besides in a left hand turn you cannot cross the centerline...  Unless your in the UK or Ex UK Colonies. Left Turning CAGE is still the most common Death of bikers.  WHY?

"I didn't see him"

Fug em' I'm strapping a couple of MP5's to the front of my bike and going Cage Hunting...

Here's what I do know...  Progressive Ins. is a bunch of freakin crooks.  They wanted $2700 or something to insure the Busa.  Then the piece of fecal matter on the line says "If you were buying a "Harley Davidson Fat Boy, your same coverage would be $420 a year."  Fug em' they are buying into some sort of VOODOO HYPE!  Not reality...
Rev
The statistics I read said that most motorcycle accidents happen on rural roads and the majority are in left hand turns with your tires on your side of the lane and your head and upper body are over the line. When you encounter the unknown oncoming traffic you swerve to miss them and either run off the side of the road or get hit.
These statistics apply only to motorcycle accidents. Not all motor vehicles.

Well Brian, I truly appreciate your cool response to my admittedly empassioned post, but consider that I'm 37 years old, have been riding performance motorcycles for more than 15 years now, and am just getting sick and tired of idiots who don't use even a modicum of common sense as you and your riding pals apparently do.

I don't give a rat's ass about a group of guys sneaking to the rear lot of the local Target to pull some late night wheelies and stoppies, but this road warrior bullshit on busy public streets simply puts me in a slow burn.
Then sell your fricken never been over 55 2004 busa. What your getting tired of is the media sensationalizing the stunts they see on the road. The media isn't doing it to the freaks that wreck your wife and kids everyday on the roads of America. If you don't want to be associated with us then DON'T! But don't tounge lash everyone of us because you saw an article that pissed you off.

all the media cares about are ratings

if the idiots weren't doing any stunts before the accident we probably wouldnt here anything about it. and be in this thread

I agree with rev  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Mattzgixxer
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093589347 -->

..no harm done, loads-a-fun, people watching, even the COPS came and watched..  (..for a while..   ..then we had to move to another location..)

..or is it?..    
sad.gif
I have no porblem with that form of 'Stunting', and I even encourage it.  Provided:

1 - If one of you wrecks, you buy your own plastic.  No insurance claims.  If your insurance company knew your were doing that, they wouldn't inurace you at the same rate they insure me

2 - Nobody rides like a jacka*s between that stunting location and the next, because of the adrelaline (sp)

Does that seem fair, or closed minded?
..yep, it sounds fair..
smile.gif

although, "stunts" like that are pretty much under control.. ..we are not talking 20 y.o. hot-blooded indians with tomahawks in both hands here , but OWNERS of expensive supersport motorcycles - already costing more than twice from original value due to mods.. ..we wouldn't crash for the laugh of it - as far as I know.. ..AND we know eachother well.. ..AND we ride together.. ..AND we go to trackdays often..

..don't go hatin' stunts
smile.gif
, it IS another way of enjoying your bike.. ..AND there IS "safe" stunting.. ..as there is "stupidity" in the world - heck, one week ago I was stopped in a red light with a CBF-600 for more than 5" and a car CRASHED ME FROM BEHIND, NO BRAKES, NO LIGHTS!
sad.gif
now, THAT is stupid stuntin'!..

smile.gif

sad.gif

That vid is the epitome of stupidity...sorry, but if any of the members here do sh*t like that in traffic, flipping off the guy in the cage at the light waiting for your dumb azz to get out of the way, wrecking in front of cars trying to get a good shot on video, you are surely the reason we all enjoy the Darwin awards each year...

No sympathy for guys that do that and get hurt...sorry...take it to an empty lot or the track...
Yep that is what I said, not stunts just plain stupid.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Back