Street Stunters Suck

no really, I don't know who it is. I popup a tiny little wheelie every now and again, but never do stunts

If someone pulled a stunt while I was in my SUV and flew off his bike trying to show boat. We'll screw swerving. I'd just put that baby in four wheel mode and prepare for bumpy terrain. That's the higher power weeding out the idiots.

I just bought a busa 2 days ago. It was already modded with choke performance stuff but I dont race or stunt yet every light I run into always some joe shmoe there having to show the world how cool he is pulling up in one wheel.

If you see me in my SUV and you even think about doing a wheel beside me to show off...Watch out. I might just inadvertantly swerve in to your lane just to scare you to the ground and if you lose your bike in the process...Better your bike then my SUV.
biggrin.gif

welcome dark! hahahah talk about digging up something 6 months old!!! did you post an itro with pics yet? maybe I missed it

As for someone elses blanket statements about all stunters sucking...  Coming from a Rider?  I'd say whatever, worry about your own shid a little more and make sure you NEVER break the speed limit, NEVER ride fast or accelerate hard, FOR GODS sake don't lean it over, and NEVER PULL THE FRONT OFF THE GROUND EVER!  If you can say you've never done a Wheelie on the street?  I'll say you've never really ridden a motorcycle.
Then I've apparently never ridden a motorcycle...
tounge.gif

Stunters don't suck if they keep it away from regular traffic and people...stunt away, just don't put others in danger because you think you look cool on the streets...
i agree

Stunting is cool but must be done in a controlled enviroment. Welcome to the board Darkflame.

I have a Very close friend that would do stunts all the time ..His best stunt was to stand on the seat at 90 MPH and ride by the cops in town and cause them to chase him...Oh did he have fun doing that!! That friend was my Dad in 1936... That's what i said 1936 ! My dad served in world war 2 korea and Nam , He served 28 years total In the Air Force..So you see i can't hate stunters, do i do it ? NO WAY! But this is America and the last time i checked we are free to do as we please and if we do it wrong we all pay for it..That's the American way my friends ..Just as i had no damage from 3 hurrcanes last year my insurance still went up 50%. Just my 2 cents so don't flame on me to hard...
smile.gif
Lee..

For all you guys bashing the guys that can ride better than you,,,,,,,,,,,, if you really want to get these wheelie monsters off the road and lower your insurance premium, you must take the right approach? Get yourself a grass roots campaign on the road with a world wide letter writing campaign to Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda and all the rest to make these dangerous machines as heavy as a harley with front wheel weights and put them in the Harley Davidson group so you can't get the wheel off the ground unless you use a fork lift! Oh and while you are at it, protest all that horsepower and get the HP lowered to no more than 70 (Like a harley) and let's get that damn insurance down so the ones on welfare can afford it!

There were 3,600+ motorcycle deaths on the highways in america in 2004. Now how many of those deaths were contributed to a wheelie and hitting an SUV? Maybe 2, 6, 10,,,,,, how many? Less than a dozen I would guess? Gather your facts before making statements suggesting stunters are the reason your insurance premiums are so costly!

If you look at the statistics,,,,,,,,,,,, the number one cause of deaths on sportbikes is "Entering a corner/curve with to much speed". Riders just like "YOU"! Who can't keep it in their own lane and end up hitting a loaded dump truck head on in the exit of a curve just like the guys in the photo below! 500 pound bike meeting head on with a 40,000 pound dump truck! No contest! Check out the rusults! Next time you get a feather up your butt and think you can show your buddies just how fast your busa will take the corners, think about the poor bloats in the photo! The next fatality, could be you! You aren't going to kill yourself doing a 40 mph wheelie in traffic unless you fall off and some fellow biker with an errection problem driving an SUV decides to run over you to boost his ego, as I heard one fellow biker saying on here! Unbelievable! But you will kill yourself with speed no matter what you are doing!

I don't agree with guys doing wheelies in traffic. I have done it a time or two but it's rare. I know the ones of you who are complaining won't believe this, but I feel in total control when I'm up on the rear tire. I throughly enjoy cruising down the road on the rear tire for a five mile wheelie. If you could do it, you would be doing the same thing. You have a capable machine, all you need to add is balls!

For you habitual complainers bitching about your insurance costs?
rock.gif
?? It has little or nothing to do with stunters! The real stunters have no insurance on their stunt bikes anyway? I have no insurance on mine and never intend to have it. So, if I crash, it has no bearing on your insurance premium!

Next time you see someone pick up the front tire and cruise down the freeway for a few miles changing lanes to pass cars and waving to motorist as a thank you for moving over, compliment them on their riding skills instead of bashing them for doing something you may not have the testicals to do? I've had lots of mature adults chase me down to compliment me if they spotted me on the rear tire. If you are using good judgment, most people will compliment you but there is always one or two in the crowd that just can't stand to see anyone enjoying life!

The last track day I went to in Seattle, when we were heading home and got out on the four lane, here comes three guys doing stand up wheelies and went out of sight still up on the rear tire. Everyone was hanging the thumbs up out the window, obviously enjoying the fun! I smiled and thought, "Those guys can ride"! But then when I see some guy on his busa with no gloves, tank top, shorts and tennis shoes, I think "Idiot"!

motocrash.jpg

For you habitual complainers bitching about your insurance costs?
rock.gif
?? It has little or nothing to do with stunters! The real stunters have no insurance on their stunt bikes anyway? I have no insurance on mine and never intend to have it. So, if I crash, it has no bearing on your insurance premium!
Actually, if you crash and hit someone else, cause someone else to crash etc. then it does affect their insurance premium because they can't claim from you. One of the reasons for high premiums is because of uninsured drivers. Driving without insurance is you basically saying "screw everyone else".

The Insurance Research Council (IRC) released a February, 2001 study that found 13.7% of US drivers are uninsured. According to the study, the problem of driving uninsured varies greatly among states, from a high of 32.4% in Colorado to a low of 4.1% in Maine.

You can buy uninsured motorist insurance and in some states it's mandatory. However, if you are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver and you don't have this type of coverage, your options are limited.

The problem can be avoided by purchasing insurance to protect you and your family-uninsured motorist coverage premiums. You can also buy under-insured driver coverage for cases when the other driver has some insurance coverage, but not enough.

So if you can stunt without endangering anyone else, cool, have at it.

Ride Smart... If you have the skill to stunt, go for it, just watch out for the skill-impaired people on the road... That's the only reason why I search for places to stunt/go fast... It's hard to predict how "traffic" will react to you, and although It's nice having people give you thumbs up for pulling a nice wheelie, it sucks when an idiot fugs up and swerves into your lane...
My advice: find secluded places.... a lot safer.
As for insurance, as long as I wear a helmet, I don't have to have any... and I don't. If I crash into another vehicle and it's my fault, I'll pay for the damages myself (if i'm still alive), or if I fug up and just wreck the bike, I'll ALSO fix it myself... it doesn't make sense to have insurance because it's way to expensive already.... A few years of paying insurance would cost me just about the same as a brand new busa...
Moral of the story: Ride Smart... avoid accidents

So Busaman, what happens when you hit someone and put them in the hospital? How are you going to cover $100,000 in medical bills? If the guy has a 6 figure income and can't go back to work for a year can you pay for that too? What about when he sues you for pain and suffering?

If you think their uninsured/underinsured policy (provided they have it) will take care of things your right! Of course that doesn't let you off hook as their insurance company now OWNS YOU. Unless your a millionaire they'll take everything you own and you'll be repaying for the rest of your life.

A buddy of mine got hit by a little pickup truck while riding his hardly. Smashed up his foot really bad. The kid driving the truck was at fault and had $100K liability limits (well above Indiana minimum).
That $100K fell about $20K short for the medical bills (and in the grand scheme of things a crushed foot is not that big a deal). Then came 6 months off work which tacked on another $50 grand. The totalled hardly was worth over $20K. Of course there is the pain and suffering owed too, he won't tell anyone what he got.

My friends insurance policy took care of him and then they went after that kid like a rabid dog. As it is he's going to owe that insurance company well over $100K for a somewhat minor accident.

I upped all my liability limits to $300K after that and I've come to the conclusion that is even too low. When I renew next month it's all going up to 1 million.

And please don't come back with the old line that "a motorcycle can't do that kind of damage". Hit any human body with a 650 lb mass going even 10 mph and your going to do damage. T-Bone a car door at 30 mph and you've totalled the car and sent the person to the hospital.

Busaman86! Great post!

Turbo-Torch! Your post has all the hypothetical situations with if's and when's etc. Well, my old daddy always said "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped"
smile.gif

Insurance is a game of chance! If you can't afford to be without insurance?
rock.gif
?? by all means buy insurance! I'm with Busaman, save your insurance premiums and in a few short years you can buy a brand new bike. If you crash, chances are very slim that you will do bodily injury to anyone other than yourself and your passenger. We had an R-1 hit a pedestrian in Seattle this summer and killed them both. It does happen but that's the first time I have ever in my life heard of anyone in this state being struck by a motorcycle. I have never heard of a motorcycle hitting a vehicle and injuring a passenger? I'm sure it has happened sometime, somewhere but I just never heard of it? So I'll take my chances with insurance. I have never had it and I never will as long as it's not mandatory.

Busaman86! Great post!

Turbo-Torch! Your post has all the hypothetical situations with if's and when's etc. Well, my old daddy always said "If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped"
smile.gif

rock.gif
?? by all means buy insurance! I'm with Busaman, save your insurance premiums and in a few short years you can buy a brand new bike. If you crash, chances are very slim that you will do bodily injury to anyone other than yourself and your passenger. We had an R-1 hit a pedestrian in Seattle this summer and killed them both. It does happen but that's the first time I have ever in my life heard of anyone in this state being struck by a motorcycle. I have never heard of a motorcycle hitting a vehicle and injuring a passenger? I'm sure it has happened sometime, somewhere but I just never heard of it? So I'll take my chances with insurance. I have never had it and I never will as long as it's not mandatory.
If you get hit by another vehicle, I hope that driver is insured....

Incidentally, in Colorado, I believe if you're stopped by the police and can't produce valid insurance, they impound your vehicle immediately. Don't know what the rules are in other states.

rock.gif
?? [/QUOTE]

Yeah, the way I see it I can't afford to lose over $1 million in net worth. I'm not about to see everything I've worked for go down the toilet because of an accident.

I guess if I lived in an apartment, had nothing to lose and had no plans of ever amounting to anything in life I might go by the "can't squeeze blood from a turnip" philosophy. After all when someone is at rock bottom they can't take what you don't have.

"If a frog had wings he wouldn't bump his ass when he hopped"
LOL
Also, the way I see it, if I crash into a car hard enough to TOTAL the car and do 6 or 7 figure damage to the person INSIDE the metal cage, what are the chances of me still being alive?
Also, I DO have insurance in my car... and it covers quite a bit too, because I understand that I'm driving a 3+ ton bullet and if I hit another vehicle I WILL do a lot of damage to it, but for the bike, in my situation, it's not worth it... I don't really want to continue arguing about this... this post started out about stunters, not insurance...
Stunt under SAFE CONDITIONS!

Back