Street Stunters Suck

chain

Registered
LINK

Street stunners suck. These a-holes need to go to jail, their bikes on a hook, their licenses to drive suspended for a very long time.

No wonder the insurance industry is redlining more sportbikes every year, and no wonder the national law enforcement community views everyone on a plastic ensconced motorcycle with the same critical eye.

I hate stunnas, every last one of em.

Flame if you want, but if you stunt on the street, I say you're a loser, and a danger to the sport we responsible riders cherish...

<!--EDIT|opdsgt
Reason for Edit: "link fixed"|1093448230 -->

Damn! Could you be a little more blunt?
rock.gif
laugh.gif
I agree that there should be a time and place for that type of stuff. Although I do a little stunting myself, I'm always very cautious and pick the proper time and place for it. I've seen too many near misses happen because someone wants to act like a donkey (jacka$$) just for the hell of it. We have a rule with our bike club. NO STUNTING ALLOWED while on group rides, unless we are in a place permitted for such activities.

Brian

Well Brian, I truly appreciate your cool response to my admittedly empassioned post, but consider that I'm 37 years old, have been riding performance motorcycles for more than 15 years now, and am just getting sick and tired of idiots who don't use even a modicum of common sense as you and your riding pals apparently do.

I don't give a rat's ass about a group of guys sneaking to the rear lot of the local Target to pull some late night wheelies and stoppies, but this road warrior bullshit on busy public streets simply puts me in a slow burn.

Well, thanks to the guys that take that sh*t to the streets...I ride, and I have been scared to death by other sport bikers showing off when they shouldn't be...guys on I95 near DC, blasting in and out of traffic while popping wheelies in excess of 120 mph with traffic all around...yeah, Darwinism at work...

Hats off to them for just making it harder on those that just want to go for a ride...idiots...

I like watching stunters, but I am an advocate for that type of stuff on a track or parking lot not risking harm to others around 'em...

Wow, same link is over in Random Thoughts too...

Stunting's fun to watch, but it needs to be done in a more controlled environment...away from others that are trying to get through their day...

And we all wonder why the cops peg sport bikers as "bad"...
mad.gif

I was riding through downtown Richmond on Sunday, tons of people walking the sidewalks, stop light after stop light...I saw more than one "kid" stop when they saw my bike and motioned for me to do a wheelie...

Well, I'm not doing one, even if I could!
tounge.gif
But, what came to mind is that these kids (like 8 and 9) were used to other sport bikers riding past and obliging them their wish to see a cool stunt, then I started wondering how many of them ended up hitting someone in traffic or just making as azz of themselves while riding downtown...nope, not worth it...

I have to agree that there is a time and place for everything. One night heading home from work I kept seeing brake lights ahead of me. I sped up a little to see what was going on. What I saw was a guy on a bike pulling wheelies. Every time the wheel left the ground everyone around him hit the brakes and slowed way down. This happened a couple of time and then he left the highway and no more brake lights. Pick you time and place where it affects the least amount of people.

of cours ony ONE of them was wearing a seat belt the rest were thrown from the vehicle their own fault you dont wear the belt and you get thrown out of your own suv well duh .... if had belt on would not have been thrown out and injured
rock.gif
.... so if someone had their do in the road and they suv would have swerved and rolled then the people would still have been injured no matter what caused them to swerve they were not wearing seatbelts ....
rock.gif

rock.gif

Quote (epicrisis @ Aug. 25 2004,16:51)
but the fact is the SUV shouldn't have had a resaon to react in the first place. [/QUOTE]
that's what I was thinking.... bike's small, SUV large... why should THEY have moved?? Sad event, sorry for alll involved[/QUOTE]

Maybe they didn't want to hurt anyone? Uh, imagine that!
Ride safe...

Street stunners suck. These a-holes need to go to jail, their bikes on a hook, their licenses to drive suspended for a very long time.

No wonder the insurance industry is redlining more sportbikes every year, and no wonder the national law enforcement community views everyone on a plastic ensconced motorcycle with the same critical eye.

I hate stunnas, every last one of em.

Flame if you want, but if you stunt on the street, I say you're a loser, and a danger to the sport we responsible riders cherish...[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!

Ride Safe...

As the old saying goes, "We've met the enemy, and he is us." These idiots don't recognize, and pobably wouldn't care if they did, how much damage they do to all of us with this crap. The world is full of people who would love to see motorcycles banned altogether, and they have just been given a golden opportunity to plead their case in the public forum.

Could not agree more!!!   If this street stunting BS does not stop, soon it will be impossible for ANYONE to get insurance.  I speak from experience, I have been in the insurance industry for 28 years!  These dumb ass squids are making it hard on all sport bike riders.  Keep the stunting to the track or other controlled area, and quit endangering the general public!  If the street stunting does not stop, owning a sport bike may become a distant memory!

The first part of the article was not really stunting but bad riding.. I agree about not stunting in packs or in traffic or areas with people, it should not be done. More accidents happen due to bad judgment and pushing the bike to its limitits, then we call all of that stunting.

The first part of the article was not really stunting but bad riding..  I agree about not stunting in packs or in traffic or areas with people, it should not be done.  More accidents happen due to bad judgment and pushing the bike to its limitits, then we call all of that stunting.
I have no empirical evidence to support my contention, but I'd hazard a guess that bike crash statistics are affected much more by stunnas than by mature, responsible street riders who occasionally push the performance envelope of their respective machines.

I wear gear, have a decade and one half of riding experience under my belt, recently attended a track school, and use good judgement in terms of when and where I ride in a spirited fashion.

I differentiate between riding hard and stunting. I'd hope others would too. Apples v. oranges IMHO.

a couple of us on bikes were waiting to pull out of a gas station the other day, as the traffic started to thin a bit here comes some dork on a smaller rocket who proceeds to do a stoppie in front of us, in traffic.

i'd of slapped the sh-t out of him if he had pulled in where we were at; i didn't appreciate the show, don't want to be identified with those types of fools, and just generally dislike show-offs.

if you want to be a performer, go join the circus............i like to think that the folks riding the serious guns like ours have found not only their cool, but have nothing to prove and probably nothing to learn from street punks.

hah, there, my wednesday morning, stuck behind my desk on a sunny day rant...........forgive me ?........doesn't matter.

Back