Street comfortable performance upgrades

Thanks alot!!! I really appreciate all the advice you gave me.

Not to mention the deals you gave me on the billet fuel rail & custom exhaust hanger :thumbsup:

Guess Christmas came early :santa:......

IMG_00000356_edit_zps38f5b566.jpg

Nothing brings in the Yule Tide cheer like Carbon Fiber!! :laugh:

Always had these on my bucket list 4 my busa. Didn't think I'd actually get them but I ran across a deal that I couldn't pass up. I knew I would always look back and kick myself in the azz 4 not pulling the trigger on a set when I had the chance. I can see now why everybody raves about BST's :wow: They look amazing!! And I still can't get over how light they are....

The only problem is I have these badazz awesome rims and it's frickin December :banghead:

It's gonna be a little while till they can see the road, but that's good cause it gives me some time to replenish the busa fund and grab up some lightweight rotors 2 seal the deal. I look back @ when I 1st started this thread and where my busa is now..... it's came along way and I'm still NOT DONE :whistle:

Right on dude. You'll be lighter than mine in no time. Did you invest in ceramic wheel bearings as well? Cause with those along with the wheels, you will be freaked out when you move your bike around in the driveway with such ease. The cornering will be quite noticeable too.

Thanks Busashot :beerchug:

Yeah I have ceramic bearings on my To Do list along with a set of EBC light weight rotors. I'm really stoked about em! I can't wait 2 feel the difference. I've done pretty much all the other weight reduction mods that I know of.
-Aluminum Subframe
-Lithium Battery
-Tiger Tail
-Vortex rear sets
-OPP Carbon Fiber race upper

These BST's and aluminum Yosh Tank were the only items I had left on my wish list! If I can get my busa under 500 lbs. Combined with the HP/Torque I'm now making sounds like a potent combination :whistle:

Reducing unsprung weight is probably the single most advantageous upgrade. I just put on Carrozerria forged aluminum wheels and it really waked up my Busa. & those look really nice!!!!

:thumbsup:

Wow! Awesome thread 1Busa. I guess I was wasting so much time in the Random Thoughts forum I missed this! :laugh: Very impressive build. Congrats bro, nothing like having a vision for your bike and making it happen.

Wow! Awesome thread 1Busa. I guess I was wasting so much time in the Random Thoughts forum I missed this! :laugh: Very impressive build. Congrats bro, nothing like having a vision for your bike and making it happen.

Thanks Fallen :beerchug: I know my build isn't as "Sexy" as some of the big turbo build threads on here but like the title says "Street Perfomance". Don't really see myself needing 3-400HP on the street aside from blasting down a few strips of empty highway. Opted instead to build an overall well rounded bike that can do a little bit of everything.

A Lot of guys I've seen will slap a turbo on or a Nos bottle on stock internals?? Sure you go fast but your relying on bad stock busa brakes 2 slow you down?? Little by little I've modded tweaked and upgraded whatever I could to make it perform the best I could with the budget I had 2 work with. Honestly aside from the brand new motor I had Knecum performance do I bought a lot of my stuff used/new off ebay and forums like this and Psychobike. I have a lot in my busa but it would've been a whole lot more and probably not within reach if I didn't scour ebay and the forums on a daily basis looking for deals.

I was tempted a few times 2 part ways with my old busa and get a new shiny bike with all the bells & whistles but I much prefer old custom to brand new stock. If I bought a new bike I'd also have a new bike payment.... Having this busa paid 4 allows me 2 set aside money and make purchases like this etc. Never happen if I had a bike payment and new bike insurance premiums :whistle:

I honestly don't know where i'll stop with my busa?? :laugh: as opportunity presents itself i'll be there waiting 2 capitalize and continue the evolution of my busa :race:

Yea I had the same realization about turbocharging. I already had 3 turbo bikes in my garage (now only 2) so another one was just dumb on my part. Funny story about how I bought a Busa turbo kit before having a Busa in the first place. Although I still have the Busa setup with a 65hp nitrous shot.

A well rounded ride is more rewarding in itself. My advice at this point in time and it seems you are already close to being done with most of the upgrades is to ride the darn thing. Enjoy it on all avenues when you can! Time flies!

I am usually just an old time drag racer but I took my bike to the road course several times, done all the high speed runs I could until I was numb to it and even had a brief moment of stunting it. Now I can ride everywhere and get a smile every time I open it up, rip through a tight corner, go 3 times over the speed limit in a long sweeper, brake confidently without wondering if I am going to miss that turn off at 150mph, cruise comfortably for an hour on the street or highways and finally I still get compliments on my bike even though it is technically "old as hills".

Happy motoring!!

I am very interested in how much the lighter wheels change the handling. Be sure to let us know.

Will do!! :thumbsup:

Thats really been the issue with the busa was weight and ive tried 2 shed as much as I could prior 2 making a big purchase like this. To be honest I'm pretty excited 2 feel the difference because I already thought my busa was pretty light. I remember when me and Knecum was unloading my bike @ his shop he was pushing it inside and he said damn this thing is pretty light! For a guy like him who works on full blown race bikes to say that I knew I must be doing something right :laugh:

There's a long stretch of winding back roads near my house that I usually hit that most people who ride with me can't keep up and that's with a +6 arm...:whistle: I can't wait 2 see how she handles now!!

I missed this til now too.
That's a really cool looking bike, definantly different looking.
Any plans to try the 1/4 mile just to see where you're at now?

Yeah Six I want 2 but honestly I just want 2 ride it 4 a little while and get more comfortable on the bike b4 doing that. I got it back from Knecum's right as the weather started 2 go downhill. So I didn't get as much saddle time as I would've liked. I was riding my harley all summer long basically and going from that 2 a suped up busa took a little while 2 get readjusted 2. There's a dragstrip near bye so I plan on hitting it a couple times this upcoming season :thumbsup:

If and when I do make it out there I will post up some slips or something. Don't have any experience @ an actual track so I'm probably gonna suck!! :rofl:

Here is the updated version of my busa cockpit:
PMR billet switch for H.I.D.'s
G.P.I
Shift light
Adaptive 2.0 radar detector
Rear view camera monitor
Power commander Hub switch
Ohlins top mount steering damper

busacockpit_zps102efe43.jpg

I notice the speedo is blocked by the rearview screen. Not watching the speed huh! :rulez::laugh:

........:whistle:

Actually it's not as bad as it looks :laugh:

I took that pic @ a downward angle 2 kinda get a better view and show everything. When I'm sitting on my busa in riding position I can see everything just fine.

Back