Street Bike at what level do you need a longer arm?

pxr5

Registered
I quess 300+ is the time for a longer arm? I'm getting my shopping & job list together.
I've never driven a busa stock or other wise.....
I do have a GSXR1000 turbo, but thats a bit lighter & shorter... thanks

I have a gen 1 busa, much heavier than your bike. At the stock wheelbase, it wasnt spinning. It was wheelying and busting me in the face. I went complete vertical on the track and almost on my back. Your bike is prone to wheelie anyway. It isnt spinning that is the problem with a stock wheelbase. Your weight is over the tire to a good extent. Listen, you have more hp than I do. You need an extended swing arm. I fought it and fought it until I realized how dangerous the wheelies were getting when I sort of got used to them. Spinning isnt a big deal to me, which is what you will get with a longer arm. I would rather spin than be on my back with the bike in the air sailing away from me which is what I foresee with your setup. Not a big deal. Keep your eyes out on psychobike.com for a used swingarm. Riding season for those guys up north is short now and people are upgrading and stuff. You should see some good deals on used swing arms. Go 6-10". Start with 10 since you can work your way back with just a chain master link @ $8 if you go shorter. Longer and you need a new chain or 2 masters and a segment which I am not comfy with. Bet you can get one for about $400 if you look and shop. Also compare brands.

if your just tooling around on the streets 2-4 inches should be more then enough. Much more then that and your handling suffers.

Ok thanks for that, just to be clear the question is re; a gen 1 busa.
I was hoping a 3" to 4" stretch would work, I've a mill & TIG so can fab' that myself.....cheers

I was at 62.5 inches last year and hooked like velcro makn 335 whp but I'm now much longer. but if u don't have a quality boost controller to ramp in the boost and a good tire like the new Shinko hook-up or an older power one then ull spin at any length. gen 1 gen 2 makes no difference.

if ur gonna fab it up urself which I wudnt recommend make sure u brace it to.

I've got a Mcintosh alumipro, underbraced, with built in air tank and bottle holder that I'm not using. It's a 3-6" stretch. Could sell ya that if you're interested!

yea Rob the first time I had an arm on there that was too long on the street I thought my tranny was slippn lol I was like WTF its a brand new Robinson cut tranny and then realized it was my tire slippn at 110 mph goin down the hi way......:poke: didn't really give me that warm n fuzzy feeln.

rear shock will play a huge role in how it plants as well. I'm hopn that JRI shock will be helpful but time will tell. ur gonna have to help me dial that thing in come spring wen we hit the track.

Yup happens all the time and some people mistake it&think its the clutch slipping in 4,5,6th gears once you can really lay into the boost

yea Rob the first time I had an arm on there that was too long on the street I thought my tranny was slippn lol I was like WTF its a brand new Robinson cut tranny and then realized it was my tire slippn at 110 mph goin down the hi way......:poke: didn't really give me that warm n fuzzy feeln.

rear shock will play a huge role in how it plants as well. I'm hopn that JRI shock will be helpful but time will tell. ur gonna have to help me dial that thing in come spring wen we hit the track.

Of course I will....just make sure there arent anymore,um,incidents between now and then lol :please:

Back