Strap and!!!!!!

Ft Campbell Busa

Registered
Hey guys,
I have been searching the forum trying to learn as much as possible before I go down the track on my new Busa. I have many passes on a much slower bike (yzf 600) but I managed to get it to run faster than most on the yzf600r site I hung out on before. I did not need anything for that bike to run down the track but the Busa is another story. I am concerned about the 12 o'clock problem on the Busa. I was going to start launching at 4000 w/a strap and work my way uP. The bike will be raced every week so I was wondering if I should lower it and stretch it? It will see the track weekly but I would like to be able to make long trips on the bike also. Would lowering the bike say an inch up front and back, extending the swing arm 4-6" inches be best overall? Thanks for any input. I would like to eventually put a 40 shot on it once I get use to launching and racing the Busa. I have a ton of passes under my belt from owning six Mustangs over the years. Thanks

You can leave the front suspension alone if you wish. Go to ANY Sport Bike Custom Shop and buy a compression strap for the front end. It's a strap made out of the ratchet strap material with a friction lock on it. You roll forward a few feet hit the front brake and pull on the strap. It locks your front end down to about 1/2" off the front fender removing all play. Putting Extensions on it will also help. If you go 4" your front end will stay planted while launching and normal everyday cornering will not be affected much.
Be advised when you get your launching down your clutches are going to chatter so be prepared to get the clutch spring kit to remedy the problem. Tipping the bike to the right before staging helps a little too.
Have fun!

I have over 14k on my Busa and ride it to work as well as just riding for fun.
I have it lowered 1.5" in the back (middle hole on lowering links) and an inch in the front.
When I take it to the track, I strap it down so that I can barely get 2 fingers in between the nose and the front fender.
This helps to keep the bike from doing wheelies by lowering the bike and also prevents the forks from unloading.
When you're done making passes, just release the tension on the strap and ride home.
I also have the BDE ultra light clutch mod and heavy duty springs in the clutch.
My bike doesn't have an extended swingarm because I want to learn to race it without one.
As far as nitrous, I'd wait until you can race your bike well without it, then add it to decrease your time.

go here

read part 1 and 2. it'll tell you everything you need to know.

you dont need to extend it unless you're a wuss and skeerd of the bike
wow.gif
you gain more lauching experience by using stock wheelbase

(psycobusa @ Sep. 22 2006,21:54) go here

read part 1 and 2. it'll tell you everything you need to know.

you dont need to extend it unless you're a wuss and skeerd of the bike  
wow.gif
Thanks, I read that the other day while doing a search. I just wanted some more opinions.

Go ahead and lower the front and stretch it about 4 inches. It will only help you if you are going to the track every week. Dont worry about the nitrous for now but keep it in mind.

(BATTMAN @ Sep. 23 2006,08:53) Go ahead and lower the front and stretch it about 4 inches.  It will only help you if you are going to the track every week.  Dont worry about the nitrous for now but keep it in mind.
Thanks, I mentioned the Nitrous but it will be wayyyyyy in the distant future. I played with it on quite a few stangs. I may even spray my new LX (1 week old) but I may just do the supercharger route. That would put the Busa mods on hold for a while though
mad.gif

NOS and stretched. Have rode it at the track yet. I know , I know ... I just got the NOS and I will get there .

df.JPG

i run the strip alot, im stretched 6 and it hurts on the street, im planning on going back to stock swingy in oct because of the curves up here in the north ga mtns. takes a lot of practice on the track wit a bike compared to a car, speaking from experience i used to race a 800hp tt 300zx, big diff with the busa. i usually launch at 5500-6000 on the track, running close to 8 flat with nitrous and a few other mods.

(frisbee @ Sep. 24 2006,00:58) NOS and stretched. Have rode it at the track yet. I know , I know ... I just got the NOS and I will get there .
Thanks for all the replies everyone. How much is yours stretched on the photo frisbee? What height? That length should not be bad on the street.

(psycobusa @ Sep. 22 2006,23:54) you dont need to extend it unless you're a wuss and skeerd of the bike  
wow.gif
eek2.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

I guess thats why this bike is extended, Barry must be a wuss and scared!

getcontent.jpg

(Ft Campbell Busa @ Sep. 25 2006,09:42)
(frisbee @ Sep. 24 2006,00:58) NOS and stretched. Have rode it at the track yet. I know , I know ... I just got the NOS and I will get there .
Thanks for all the replies everyone. How much is yours stretched on the photo frisbee? What height? That length should not be bad on the street.
At her worst, just got dumped but you can see how low it sits. Front strapped, 3rd hole bones, 6 over arm, set at about 5-1/2.
If you like twisties I wouldn't reccomend a stretch, but it's fine for everyday riding.

jeremy1.jpg

(Mr Brown @ Sep. 26 2006,19:42)
(Ft Campbell Busa @ Sep. 25 2006,09:42)
At her worst, just got dumped but you can see how low it sits. Front strapped, 3rd hole bones, 6 over arm, set at about 5-1/2.
If you like twisties I wouldn't reccomend a stretch, but it's fine for everyday riding.
damn dude, you ok?

(crew illogic @ Sep. 26 2006,21:45) damn dude, you ok?
Yeah, I'm fine, I wasn't riding it!!
My boy was on it, he's healed up now, that was back in March. Bike should be done this weekend, finally! We'll be up at Gateway to holla at ya next year........

(Mr Brown @ Sep. 26 2006,19:50)
(crew illogic @ Sep. 26 2006,21:45) damn dude, you ok?
Yeah, I'm fine, I wasn't riding it!!
My boy was on it, he's healed up now, that was back in March. Bike should be done this weekend, finally! We'll be up at Gateway to holla at ya next year........
better bring a lunch haha. will be good to meet ya. you live near rend lake right? midnight madness is coming up oct 13th. we race from 9pm to 3 am. bad part is its flag start. but you do get timeslips.

(crew illogic @ Sep. 26 2006,22:00) better bring a lunch haha.  will be good to meet ya.  you live near rend lake right?  midnight madness is coming up oct 13th.  we race from 9pm to 3 am.  bad part is its flag start.  but you do get timeslips.
About 30 mins East of Rend Lake. We will be there Oct 13. Sounds like fun.........The bike will be black by then though.

(Ft Campbell Busa @ Sep. 25 2006,07:42)
I have a 3-9" arm and its set at about 7" lowered in the rear about 3" and 1 1/4" in front . Rides good in the street.

I raced most of the year on a stock arm and was fighting wheelies most of the time. It's a killer for bracket racing. I stretched it about 6 inches at the end of the year and what a difference. I makes launching sooo much easier. My last pass of the year was a 9.95 to get my license.

For next year I want to get a full exhaust system and an air shifter.

well man try 5800rpm and slowly slip that clutch lower the back down and go out AND KEEP RUNNING TO GET YOUR SELF BETTER.

GET IT SO YOU CAN RUN CONSISTENT FIRST THEN LATER BUY NOS AND SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO

Back