Strange vibration

jethro52185

Registered
So this is my first post, as well as my first busa, so here it goes. When I first bought the bike two months ago, my first ride I noticed that the big 1300 vibrated a lot more than the 600's I was used to, especially around 4500 to 5000 rpm's at 1/4 throttle. Now that I've clocked around 1500 miles, and followed break in precedure to a T, it seems like the vibration is getting worse. I feel it mostly in the foot pegs and the seat (in a not so comfortable area might I add) and it's still between 4500 and 5000 rpm's under partial throttle. Full throttle is still silky smooth and rediculously fast. Is this normal?? Is it something I should be worried about?? The bike is completely stock other than a set of shorty slip ons.

Jethro you sound like me and i thought it was just me.
I too feel it.
Only thing is when she was new I did not notice it.
Then I think mine came in around 3000 miles I feel same vibe right between my feet ?

You can rev it and as it passes the mark up and down both ways I feel it ?
Very slight and small.
Mine runs fine and has full exhaust as well as other mods.
I felt it before, during and after doing these.
I think its normal.
If it gets stronger or worse than worry.

Now that you say something and it makes two of us my mind is a little easier.
How about yours ?

Last edited:
Yes, that makes me feel a lot better. I still don't like the vibration at all. It does feel like it's getting worse, or I'm just paying attention to it more and more everytime I ride. Who knows? I just keep telling myself that if there were something mechanically wrong with the motor, then it would be very obvious at 11,000 rpm's, and not 4500. Even the wifey noticed that it was vibrating more than usual, so maybe it isn't all in my head.

So this is my first post, as well as my first busa, so here it goes. When I first bought the bike two months ago, my first ride I noticed that the big 1300 vibrated a lot more than the 600's I was used to, especially around 4500 to 5000 rpm's at 1/4 throttle. Now that I've clocked around 1500 miles, and followed break in precedure to a T, it seems like the vibration is getting worse. I feel it mostly in the foot pegs and the seat (in a not so comfortable area might I add) and it's still between 4500 and 5000 rpm's under partial throttle. Full throttle is still silky smooth and rediculously fast. Is this normal?? Is it something I should be worried about?? The bike is completely stock other than a set of shorty slip ons.

Okay, I know this may sound like a re-post, But here is the deal.

THIS IS NOT A VIBRATION, It is a growl from the heart of the beast, they all do it just before they pounce upon their prey. Mine is a very deep resonance that I too thought was quite different from my other bikes.
But I soon learned that the Lioness like Growl was just her way of saying, Move over little fella, Cause I'm Comin'g to eat cha!

You will come to love that sound, once you get used to it.

:welcome: to the madness and stick around, there is much to be learned here.
Ride safe,
Bubba

Just anal worried about your newborn baby is all.
Same here.
Unfortunately even now at almost 6000 miles its still same and I still feel it every time.
Just rev it quicker.
Then you wont feel it.
:laugh:

What I do !

right between my heels everytime.....

But I have been thru 5th and into 6th many times and as you say if it was really something wrong it would have gotten worse, louder or just come apart and froze up ?

I had a 97 ZX11 that would vibe right at 5k rpms.
You could hold it right there and it would vibe.
4900 or 5100 butter smooth.
I put 27k miles on it before we got run over with no probs.

Okay, I know this may sound like a re-post, But here is the deal.

THIS IS NOT A VIBRATION, It is a growl from the heart of the beast, they all do it just before they pounce upon their prey. Mine is a very deep resonance that I too thought was quite different from my other bikes.
But I soon learned that the Lioness like Growl was just her way of saying, Move over little fella, Cause I'm Comin'g to eat cha!

You will come to love that sound, once you get used to it.

:welcome: to the madness and stick around, there is much to be learned here.
Ride safe,
Bubba

Bubba I think you been sniffin too much peppermint soap !
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/rand...onners-magic-soapbox-you-should-give-try.html

Chit-git-ya-haya-dan-a-mofo eh ?

:laugh:

I know this is old, thanks though cause well since having my pegs powder coated and put back on I noticed the vibration. I didn't notice it before and well like you all said I think it's just being paranoid of my baby. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :thumbsup:

I know this is old, thanks though cause well since having my pegs powder coated and put back on I noticed the vibration. I didn't notice it before and well like you all said I think it's just being paranoid of my baby. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :thumbsup:

Glad this helped, funny though, I feel it more through the tank than the pegs.
To each his own I guess, high CC motor with much hp = vibration at some point.
Bubba

Back