Strange Personal Quirk - Seeing if I'm alone on this?

Vonderbach

Your AD here!
Donating Member
Registered
When driving, bike or truck, I find myself thinking about other things on long stretches of interstate on the way to work. Sometimes I'll think about some pretty strage stuff, but for some reason my subconcious causes me to think about things like last weekend where my bike slipped off one of the stands and almost toppled over. But when I think about it after the fact, especially when driving, I flinch, like I'm re-living it over again. Almost like when you have a nightmare that you're falling and you jump/flinch in bed.

Tell me I'm not the only one that does this? It kinda freaks me out and I feel like I lost control even for a micro-second.

That's never happened to me. I'll start day dreaming while riding sometimes but never to that extent.

How long has this been going on?
Posted via Mobile Device

It's nothing new, been happening forever. Perhaps I'm just a lucid daydreamer?

I have never actually lost control or anything. The worst that happens is the equivalent of a cold shiver down the spine.

Be careful cuz you may wind up in other thread running a red light !

Since I'm up 24/7 and get only like 2-3 hours of sleep a day I sometimes slip off at my desk and snap up .
What feels like hours actually is only minutes ?

I do sometimes when talking on cellphone in car drift into convo and lose what I'm looking at . Like if wife is asking about the whatever wherever I find myself visualizing what she's talking about and not actually looking at road anymore .
This is why I rarely rarely answer or talk while driving .

Study / get the dvds for Dianetics. I just got it and it seems very interesting. NOW I guess I'll hear all the negatives about it.. oh well. anyhow you might find it answers your questions..

Study / get the dvds for Dianetics. I just got it and it seems very interesting. NOW I guess I'll hear all the negatives about it.. oh well. anyhow you might find it answers your questions..

Dianetics? The same guy that created Scientology?

I don't think this is that big of a problem for me. :laugh: No negatives, just somethign I would prefer not to engage. Good luck, anything that can further your life and make it more enjoyable for YOU is a good thing.

I dont really daydream but I do find that while I am in my truck, I catch myself still waving at other bikes passing me and trying to drop my knee and lean around the corners. Not really all that effective driving a truck . . .

My favorite is when I pass a cop and I think he's going to pull me over. I think about what I'll say, what he'll say, what I'll say in response, what he'll say, if I'll fight the ticket or not, which lawyer i'll use..... This goes on twenty minutes down the road and he never even pulled me over! I never claimed to be sane though. ???

Back