Straight Up

HoboJoe

Registered
Gentlemen. Have any of you heard of or had any experience with what a seller calls a "Straight Bar Kit"? I can see what is is. Not sure if I like it or not but I'm curious what this setup might do for the front end feedback and handling in general. Looks a little out of place as far as the total package goes but I'll bet its great on an Iron Butt run. Just wonder how, if at all, it changes the way the bike is supposed to feel. Thanks

Ah, straight bar kit, makes sense now. Never appealed to me, now I might think about the risers...getting old sucks. LOL, new pegs just installed tonight, an inch drop.

Yes, that link pretty much nails it. Like I said, don't know if I like em' or not. Look kinda Funky. Also, seems to me they might change the kind of feed back from the front end that the Engineers had in mind. Doesn't seem like it gets high marks from anyone here. Can't be much of a fix back to stock. Just for the record, That getting old thing.......I'm all in !

A lot of folks have done them. They are easy on the back and wrists. Pretty sure Flatlandbusa did this?

Thanks as usual. I might give um' a whirl.

I've also heard that the 'straight' bars, HeliBars or risers can sometimes hit the OEM shield on full lock and other brands too maybe. May need a different one or trim the stocker. I happen to have a 37" sleeve so the stock 'clip ons' suit me just fine.

I've also heard that the 'straight' bars, HeliBars or risers can sometimes hit the OEM shield on full lock and other brands too maybe. May need a different one or trim the stocker. I happen to have a 37" sleeve so the stock 'clip ons' suit me just fine.

The bottom sides of the windshield need trimmed for Spiegler/dirtbike bars.

Back