Stoplight showdowns coming

Jayhawk

Registered
Thought you fellow acceleration junkies would enjoy this.  Yamaha is set to unveil a new VMax on June 4, and the first official photo hit the 'Net today. Leaking specs may put this bike at 1800-cc V4, 214-hp.

2009%20Yamaha%20Vmax.jpg

Link to story

wonder what the torque curve is... the hp pretty much pales to the cc's

Like any manufacture's HP claim, it's at the crank, and I bet that thing weighs a ton. Regardless, it looks like gobs of fun for anyone so inclined.

Good question, though it supposedly will have variable valve timing...I'll bet it has gobs of low end torque.  You can catch a sound clip at the link below:

Will play when page loads
Its gonna be a fast machine no doubt. I dont think it'll be the new dragstrip king, but in the real world its gonna be one fast around town mutha
thumb_up.gif

Yamaha web page has a count down clock.

The Venture forums are also buzzing hoping for a 1800 cc Royal Star Venture.
dunno.gif

r8

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Yamaha woke up from their coma....

It will be nice to see them on the road, regardless.

Probably similar to the MT-01 in being upside down .

Yamaha is a strange company . They sure know how to build engines but their marketing is wacko .

In Australia one can buy a stage 3 engine kit for the MT-01 developed by Yamaha with cams , pistons ,clutch springs , Akrapovic pipes and race ECU . The kit is not available in Europe for the MT-01 but a pretty cool OEM fairing is .

Here's what Atom Racing was able to get out of a MT-01 with just a pipe albeit in Newton Meters . I suspect the big V-Max is going to run after some massaging of this n that .

MT01_pipedyno.jpg

I suppose it was only a matter of time before Yamaha woke up from their coma....

I Agree. Would be kewl if yamaha brought the ThunderAce back as a busa figher...with 6 speed trans though.

Honda found their nards again with the release of the new CBR1000RR. Wish they'd bring out a updated blackbird.

Doubtful either will happen though.

I Agree. Would be kewl if yamaha brought the ThunderAce back as a busa figher...with 6 speed trans though.

Honda found their nards again with the release of the new CBR1000RR. Wish they'd bring out a updated blackbird.

Doubtful either will happen though.
I think honda has some policy since the blackbird about entering the hyperbike wars. I think they're afraid of government restrictions or something. Same with yamaha. Even kawi and zooki seem afraid to give the big boys much more power
rock.gif

Back